5.0 out of 5 stars GREATEST action movie of all-time
This is a review for the movie itself, (Blu-Ray review is at the end)

Published 5 months ago by T. Kuo

1.0 out of 5 stars Was going to order but found out this is the Sony CENSORED Version! Why?
Why destroy an amazing movie by censoring it on Blu Ray? Now, Sony is in our homes telling us what we are allowed to watch?! This is grossly over-reaching in my opinion. I'll be picking up the UK UNCENSORED version.

Here's the article about the Sony-censored US version of the DVD/BluRay being released: [...]
Published 5 months ago by indiefilm

5.0 out of 5 stars GREATEST action movie of all-time, May 19, 2014
T. Kuo (san diego, ca) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Raid 2 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This is a review for the movie itself, (Blu-Ray review is at the end)

WARNING: After watching this movie, you will find that every other action movie you watch will be extremely boring in comparison. If you liked The Raid 1, then this one is basically 5x more intense! It features one of the greatest fight scenes I've ever seen in my life (I was literally shaking and on the edge of my seat while watching it), the greatest car chase scene I've ever witnessed, and probably some of the most violent and cringe-worthy moments all nicely packaged within this one great movie.

If you are a fan of Tarantino films, this film has many aspects that are very Tarantino-esque, especially when all hell breaks loose midway through the movie. I just hope the Blu-Ray has many extras as this is one of my most favorite films of all time.

NOTE: You DO NOT "need" to watch The Raid 1, to follow the storyline. This movie holds up perfectly well by itself.

---

Blu Ray Review:
I thought the extras were nice but left more to be desired. I was hoping there would be more deleted scenes, but oh well. I don't mind the movie being 1-2 seconds shorter than the original when all that was stated being cut were literally frames from the gory kills. If at a later date, a collector's or special edition is released, I will gladly buy that one as well :) .. Also, believe it or not, F.Y.E. at my local mall has the blu-ray on sale for $17.99 as of this posting (cheapest i've seen anywhere) but it was sold out when I visited (which was release day), Best Buy & Amazon has it at $19.99, and Walmart has it for $22.. Hope this is helpful for you guys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't let the lack of an unrated cut deter you from watching this truly amazing film!, July 7, 2014
Kevin H. Dudley (Roanoke, VA (USA)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Raid 2 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
There has been quite an uproar regarding the fact that the U.S. is getting the R rated theatrical cut of "The Raid 2" rather than the unrated director's cut on blu-ray as some cuts had to be made to avoid an NC-17 rating by the MPAA. While normally I would also be protesting this decision by Sony, it has to be noted that the director & writer Gareth Evans stated he only had to cut a small amount of frames totalling only 4 seconds of footage. People who have seen both cuts have said that the trims are not noticeable at all. I'm not sure why Sony decided against an unrated cut but if something like 2 minutes had been cut out of the film instead, I would be furious. Considering the director was worried that the MPAA would have a heart attack watching the movie and butcher it, only 4 seconds of trims for the R rating should be considered a victory for the filmmakers. However, I would like to ask the MPAA how only 4 seconds of trims is the difference between an R rating and a NC-17 but whatever.....regardless, this is the most violent R rated film to date.

As for the the film itself, much like the original, The Raid 2 is an action fan's wet dream. Brutal, epic and jaw droppingly violent, it is that rare sequel that expands on but also improves on the original. Everything in this film is bigger and at 2 hours 30 minutes, it somehow manages to never drag and keeps escalating in terms of the action set pieces. The acting is rock solid and this film much like the original makes almost every other action film of the last decade look positively anemic and G rated by comparison. It's truly a pure shot of cinematic adrenaline!
The blu-ray is loaded with all kinds of cool extras and the picture and audio quality is off the charts. Like I mentioned, don't let the lack of an unrated cut keep you from watching this incredible action film!

5.0 out of 5 stars "..AMAZING BADASS SEQUEL..", July 7, 2014
This review is from: The Raid 2 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This is a fantastic sequel to one of the coolest and bloodiest boldest action movies of recent years, the raid blew us away with its amazing hyper active fast paced fighting and good bloody gory carnage, the raid 2 does it again on higher level, its 150 minute running time swoops by with ease and great pace as the sequel plays out perfect with a better deeper story and much, much more amazing fighting and the bloodiest goriest action ever! The fight scenes in this are incredibly realistic and super fast, bone crunching and violent as hell, there is some incredible fights with guns, baseball bats, hammers, knives, machetes, all incredible painful and gory but beautifully done at the same time, the effects are top notch too, the fight scene towards the end of the film in the kitchen is one of the most amazing fights ever seen and is such a stand out moment in the film, there is a fantastically shot car chase action scene too which is clipped together incredibly well with great camera shots, its an amazing film overall and there's nothing bad to say, if this is your type of movie then its a total must see, easily one of the best films of the year and one of the best action movies for many years, believe the hype it raises the bar for what action in movies can be like if done by such quality filmmakers as these

5.0 out of 5 stars I've never enjoyed martial arts movies until I saw this film, July 15, 2014
David Wilson (Lincoln, NE United States) - See all my reviews
A thrill ride that never stops. The many battle sequences are all expertly choreographed and quite astonishing. But it's much more than a marshall arts film. It has a complex plot and true character development. I've never enjoyed martial arts movies until I saw this film. This is a must see.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, it's R Rated - with cut frames!!!, June 26, 2014
This review is from: The Raid 2 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Just to let people know: Read the Blu-ray review on highdefdigest(dot)com - the director of the movie himself says that he only had to cut a few frames (!!!!) to please the MPAA. So in the end 1-2 seconds are missing in this cut which no one will notice. If you like the movie, don't let that stop you from getting it on blu-ray! I honestly think, that there won't be an unrated cut in the States since it is not worth the effort - it's just a few seconds and that's it

5.0 out of 5 stars King of all fighting films!!, July 22, 2014
Much better than the first...And that says alot. 2 and a half hours of non stop action. Probably be a decade before we see anything like it again. May be the best fighting film of all time.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best action films ever!!, July 27, 2014
This review is from: The Raid 2 (Amazon Instant Video)
I watched this right after watching the Raid: Redemption. I was amazed at how the violence escalated even more and that this film is now one of my all time favorites. They don't make action films like this in America and those are watered down and soft compared to how these are made. Loaded with bullets, hand to hand combat, car chases and executions make for a very action packed and bloody film. If you are a fan of hardcore action films that take no prisoners than this one is for you!!

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS BEST OF THE BEST MASTERPIECE, U HAVE BUY IT ON BLU RAY ,JUST WOW!!!!!, July 9, 2014
Benjamin Kidman (Hayward,CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Raid 2 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
MY GODD,BEST OF THE BEST,LOOOVED IT & BOUGHT IT ON BLU-RAY REAL QUICK~~!!!
The Camera shots , INTENSE FIGHT SCENES,,BRUTALITY IS SHOCKING & MOST OF ALL JUST JAW DROPPING AMAZING MASTERPIECE!!!!
CANT enough said about this Beautifully SHOT & Directed film >> U HAVE TO SEE TO BELIEVE!!!

BLU-RAY...VERY nice sharp bright pic/color & deep in blks also is in widescreen this time, shot in 2:35 format and sound DTS-MASTER,very nice & clear IN Pic & sound, Also in English Dubbed
Cons>>>>>JUST wish was Unrated like the first one was i bought!

JUST F***N AWESOME IN EVERY DAMN LEVEL.. HANDS DOWN!!
TOP NOTCH KICK ASS FILM, WORTH EVERY DAMN PENNY & TIME!

A+++

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST.ACTION.MOVIE.PERIOD....., July 9, 2014
tyrex316 (Hinesville, Georgia United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Raid 2 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
One of the best action movies I've ever seen. Iko Uwais brings about the same awe and appreciation I had the first time I ever saw a Bruce Lee film when I was kid. There's the sense that you're watching something great, definitely, but also something so unique that you'll never see it again. So, you'd better appreciate it. Going in I was hoping this movie would be at least as good as the first one. But this one surpassed all of my expectations. If you're a fan of martial arts movies pick this one up 'cause you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Awesome., July 8, 2014
This review is from: The Raid 2 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This movie far surpassed my expectations, and those were high to begin with. I saw the first Raid movie and loved it. Watched this one and had to pick my jaw back up from where it landed. It's that good. If you even remotely enjoy action movies or martial arts watch this it is nothing short of gold. For all you 1 star reviewers: There is plenty to choose from in the bargain bin of your local Wal-Mart. Leave the good stuff alone.
Side Note: I will buy this again if it has an unrated release, I don't care how much it costs.

The Raid 2