Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

71%
29%
Format: Paperback|Change

on February 5, 2009
It is refreshing to read a book that is not only inspirational but that also encourages you to dig deep and find who you really are inside, rather than what society has taught us we should be. The author is genuine and honest in her viewpoints without being closed minded. The book has a positive approach and leaves you feeling good about yourself and life. I look forward to future publications from this fantastic author!
on May 12, 2009
The Raw You is an enlightening, challenging and invigorating volume. This book deals with multi-layered themes--most of which have been taken from the wisdom of the ages and wrapped up in "new wineskins" by the author. It is a book that takes profound philosophy and helps bring to it a practicality that enables the average reader to look inside and see what is holding them back in life. From there, the reader is equipped with some fundamental knowledge and motivation to apply eternal truths that they previously may not have considered or may have thought "too weighty" to be of any practical value.

The concept of "knowing yourself"--while as old as the Bible--is presented in fresh and challenging ways that stimulate, not just philosophical inquiry, but personal introspection. It is also evident that the author, though obviously well-informed in the basic suppositions upon which human philosophy is based, is not mired in the perceptions that so much "wisdom" in the field has said you must adhere to. She believes in God and there is no apology for that. But she is fully aware that affirming God's existence does not do away with all of the philosophical problems his existence presents. I like the fact that Cleveland inspires contemplation while not trying to fit everything in a neat, orderly box. Perhaps she stimulates thought more than she provides answers, but that is what all competent philosophers do. To know what questions to ask and how to promote independent thought is what a good teacher will do for her students, and Cleveland does that for us in this book.

The author's basic premise that there is within us an identity--a person, a soul--that we do not meet and develop without time and effort is undeniably true. And you will feel that way as well when you consider her approach and her points. Everyone would benefit by reading the book. I do not know the author, but from what I can gather this is her freshman effort. And while there are s ome indications that she is not a veteran writer, this book comes off very smoothly for a first book. I shudder to think what insights she will offer ten years from now, when she is writing what I hope will be at least her tenth book. For the thinkers and seekers who like to be stretched by deep and penetrating ideas, The Raw You is worth your time.
on December 12, 2007
I have just finished The Raw You and must say that I was thoroughly impressed. This is an excellent first book and the subject matter is valuable to anyone willing to listen. I must confess to have some bias since I know the author, but it has been many years since we have had a conversation on the subject matter in this book.
That being said, here is what I think about the book. It is an easy and quick read opening up the mind and the spirit to free themselves from the chains that bind their minds and souls. The subject matter is backed by many quotes from a wide variety of fields as is needed to convince the reader of points made by the author, some of which I had never heard before. I think that the exercise at the end is excellent and many people need to do this exercise to realize what really holds them back from attaining their dreams. I'll use a quote as well to describe it "The Kingdom of Heaven is all around Man but he is too blind to see it."
Now for the parts I didn't like. I believe the book is too short and of course wanted more subject matter, such as how to discern specifically the bonds that hold you. Also, at the start of the book, it seems to lead you that there is going to be some sort of help like an exercise at the end of chapters, not verbally, but all you find is an exercise at the end of the book. Perhaps this was too much to ask, but it was what I was thinking.
So, over all this is an excellent book and I will recommend it to family and friends. I await her next book and hope to see more knowledge and enlightenment bestowed upon us.
on December 12, 2008
I was left with the feeling that the author truly cares about the readers and wants to assist readers in reaching their full potential while gaining the most satisfaction from life. The book is inspiring, so I encourage people to check it out.
on December 13, 2008
This book is an inspiration for anyone wanting to follow their true path in life. It is well-written and beautifully designed.
on December 9, 2008
Are you a good Person? If you answered yes or no this book is for you.
on August 10, 2014
Know yourself. People are searching for fulfillment and happiness in all sorts of ways. Cleveland discusses how true happiness comes from within and not by some institutionalized formula but from a unique recipe created by your own soul.