- File Size: 103 KB
- Print Length: 28 pages
- Publisher: Brad Hill (June 5, 2011)
- Publication Date: June 5, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0054JI58Q
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,767,935 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
The Real Thing: Searching for Authenticity in Communist Bulgaria Kindle Edition
|Length: 28 pages|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
But don't get overly caught up in the "folk music" bit ... "The Real Thing" is really a jaunty little travel story as told by a narrator on a quest to find 'authentic-sounding' music in an unfamiliar place. It's equal parts travel narrative, fish-out-of-water story, history teaching, and music lesson. Oh: both beer and guns make an appearance, as well, to liven up the final act.
Anyone who has ever done any traveling in a developing country will quickly relate to the challenges Brad encountered. Similarly, anyone who has ever found himself realizing a change in himself will likewise relate. It's a fun, quick read -- especially for anyone longing for adventure in a distant land.
Unique experiences that can only be encountered in this way are expertly captured by a master author, immersing you in the cultural belly of communist Bulgaria for an all too short amount of time.
Worth your time. Read it.
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Travelers & Explorers
- Books > Travel > Europe > Bulgaria
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Biographies & Memoirs
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Travel
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > Memoirs
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Travel > Europe