5.0 out of 5 stars Finally-a haggadah that has it all!
Published on April 5, 2010 by Arthur J. Miller

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published on March 19, 2007 by Elliot Z.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, March 19, 2007
Elliot Z. (Great Falls, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Really! Fun Family Haggadah (Paperback)
I've been searching for a way to make the seder more engaging and fun for kids -- and I mean little kids, like from toddlerhood until adolescence. For them (and for many adults) the hour or two until dinner is just plain boring -- a whole lot of talking with a smattering of songs, but not really fun songs (think Wiggles). This book had a promising title, good reviews and a colorful cover, but it just doesn't live up to its name. Like so many other "fun" or "family friendly" haggadot, its answer to the boredom is more talking: discussion topics, interesting facts and history, quizzes, etc. Those are all well and good for adults and older kids, but for the wee ones it just makes it drag on longer. It's not particularly well illustrated either -- not in a way that would engage small children while the adults drone on for what seems like an eternity. Young children need physical stimulation (songs with choreographed hand movements they can learn, for instance) and broader and more energetic interactions. In defense of this book, I haven't found an actually really fun haggadah yet and I've been searching for a couple years. Maybe it doesn't exist and I need to make up my own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally-a haggadah that has it all!, April 5, 2010
This review is from: The Really! Fun Family Haggadah (Paperback)
This is a wonderful publication. I have been searching for years for the "perfect" haggadah. I even tried to make my own, but it's time consuming and it's a difficult time of the year for me at work (I'm an accountant). The commentary and insights are wonderful. It's written so the kids can understand/follow along yet fine for adults too - and we have varied people at our Seders - from non-Jewish to orthodox (my Dad). Hope you enjoy this book as much as I did....I'm buying 30 copies today!

5.0 out of 5 stars We love this Haggadah, February 17, 2013
This review is from: The Really! Fun Family Haggadah (Paperback)
We've used this Haggadah for years and it is a great choice. Read only the highlighted portion for a quickie seder that hits all the required components. For a more adult crowd there are interesting facts and figures. The story of Passover is told well and succinctly. The order of the seder is perfect and flows easily. The best I've ever used.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Really Fun Family Haggadah, April 2, 2000
This review is from: The Really! Fun Family Haggadah (Paperback)
We read the Haggadah over and we think this will be the best year for your seder yet. My childern are 8 and 5. The older one reads hebrew the younger is able to sing the songs. We are looking forward to sharing this new family tradition with extened family and friends.

The Really! Fun Family Haggadah
The Really! Fun Family Haggadah by Larry Stein (Paperback - March 1, 2004)
$9.95 $8.96
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.