Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Red Shoes
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Hardcover|Change

on April 30, 2009
I ordered this book based on the illustrations, which are just gorgeous. However, this is not a children's story. There is nothing uplifting or engaging about the narrative. Even the "scary parts" are related flatly. This is a book for a 20-something with a strong design sense and career hopes, not for a five year old who wants a fairy tale.
on August 31, 2009
This book has great illustrations. However, there are numerous writing/editing errors. The worst of which is the phrase "caught site of" instead of "caught sight of". Also, the vocabulary and sentence structure is a little intense for preschoolers. I agree that it is more suitable for adults.
on April 2, 2012
The illustrations in this book are truly gorgeous! My cover did have some dirt smudges on it so I ended up throwing it out. I also colored the shoes red to add some "pop". My daughter loved it and that's all that mattered. :)
on April 24, 2009
...Every woman and girl with style and taste has their little "red shoes."

I bought this as a gift for a newborn baby girl and a artsy-fashionista 7 year old and received nothing but "I love this book. Where can I get another copy."

The illustration work is timeless and the story is memorable. This book is a classic that every little girl should have.
on January 7, 2011
I bought 2 copies of this book for my little princess, and I gave one to her on her 3rd birthday.
Another one is for when she becomes a lady, because she really loves it. :)

The illustrations on this book are awesome, and all the details are great!
Thanks!
on December 8, 2010
I love this book. It's beautifully illustrated and the story is sad, sweet, and meaningful. I only wish the shoes were colored red in the illustrations. I colored them myself in the copy I gave a friend. :)
on June 2, 2009
This is a lovely book, especially for little girls. The heroine is strong and clever, and the story has a good moral. The illustrations are worthy of framing.
on March 4, 2014
This was purchased as a gift for my daughter. I hope she will love it. I'd never heard of the story B-4 and thought it sounded like something she'd like.
on March 3, 2014
My step granddaughter Ally loved the book. She is into ballet and found it very entertaining. She is happy with it.
on May 5, 2015
These illustrate are very awesome! I start interesting about picture book since read this book.