Professional restaurant supplies Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Format: Audio CD|Change

on February 6, 2005
First of all, HOW ON EARTH could these lunkheads have replaced the original single version of "I Can See Clearly Now" with this incredibly inferior "alternate version" with new (electronic?) drums and an inferior mix? For that alone this CD is docked two stars. The remaining bulk of this CD consists of unreleased tracks, which, for the most part, should have remained so. Furthermore, calling many of these tunes "reggae" is stretching it.

My advice: Buy the DELUXE version of THE HARDER THEY COME. You'll get the only Johnny Nash tunes you need (including the original, remastered version of "I Can See Clearly Now" - yeah!), as well as the cream of late-60's to early-70's reggae.
on October 9, 2004
I ordered this album because I just love Johnny Nash. It may not be the best soundwise for those who care (I often tell my sons and my husband that I can't hear the subleties they require--bass, treble, etc.), but it will definitely lift you up. Johnny's vocals are so good, and the lyrics are awesome; it's definitely the album to listen to when you are down--absolutely outstanding and upbeat/optimistic. In fact, I am listening to it right now as I prepare income taxes (final extension date is next Friday). What can I say--he makes me feel so GOOD!!!!

I also love the new songs I had not heard before now, as they were not released in the U.S. Way to go, Johnny!!!!!
on November 20, 2002
I didn't realize that the version of "I can see clearly now" is a remix with synth drums added. I much prefer the original to this dance mix. The original should have been included on this collection -- so I've docked my rating by one star.
Otherwise the album is quite good. Admittedly I'm not a definitive Nash collector, this effort does include my favorites "Hold me tight" and "Tears on my pillow."
on June 25, 2004
This is one of those few albums that I can put on and just let play over and over. I've probably played it a thousand times but I have never gotten tired of it. Great background music to play when you're working on a project or just chilling outside in the warm summer breeze with the sun in your toes. It just takes me away from wherever I am and puts me in a cool little groovy place. I totally love the alternate version of "I Can See Clearly Now" with it's acoustic intro much more than the standard version and as for the rest of the collection, what a nice surprise. Mostly songs about love without getting mushy and over-sentimental. Upbeat, catchy, a little funk in there and all with a reggae beat. I bought this on a whim and am glad I did.
on January 11, 2000
Johnny Nash, from Texas, made his mark for all time with his reggae-pop tunes like ''Hold Me Tight,'' and ''I Can See Clearly Now,'' and faded off. But the simple magic of this music still rings today. This ''Reggae Collection'' is among his best. Viva Johnny!
on November 15, 2005
Reggae, some R&B. A pleasant, upbeat album with Johnny Nash's gorgeous vocals. My fav cut is the Bob Marley written tune Guava Jelly. I bought this when I saw it as cassette, again on CD and I'll probably buy it AGAIN in the next format.
on February 21, 2007
I expected a little bit more than this collection delivered. Fans of I Can See Clearly Now be forewarned: The version on this disc is a remix. Fortunately the slight variation of the tempo works fairly well. This collection also includes some cover songs that Johnny performs with a reggae twist. Overall an enjoyable listen.
on April 21, 2008
Incredibly stupid of SONY to put a DIFFERENT version of I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW on here rather than the ORIGINAL Version. It was his biggest hit, a #1 song, and still is known today. That messes up the entire package here. I wanted it for the hits including HOLD ME TIGHT and STIR IT UP, but not putting the original version of I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW is so ridiculously dumb, it makes this collection non-essential for me to even own.
on November 16, 2008
If you are a Johnny Nash fan all the old favorites are in this collection along with some that you may have forgotten or had not heard before. Great period recordings you will listen to over and over again.
on May 5, 2014
I love it! nice step thru history in music and great listening...some fo my favorite songs I have not heard in a while and now allllll mine!