5.0 out of 5 stars The Reluctant Assassin is a Great Read !
The Reluctant Assassin

I thoroughly enjoyed The Reluctant Assassin - Vladimir Vyugin, retired KGB and Tony Dantry, former CIA agent become partners in a fast paced novel of current day espionage.

Published on September 26, 2011 by Robert White

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the read even at 99 cents
Published on December 6, 2011 by Stan Friedman

5.0 out of 5 stars The Reluctant Assassin is a Great Read !, September 26, 2011
Robert White (ALLEN, TEXAS, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Reluctant Assassin: A Tony Dantry Novel (Tony Dantry Thrillers) (Kindle Edition)
The Reluctant Assassin

The former enemies become partners in preventing Russia's return to the murky politics of the cold war era; an interesting twist on espionage in today's world.

The fast-paced events and frequent twists as the plot unfolds reminded me of the many Robert Ludlum novels and late night reads.

I'm looking forward to more of Richard Scott's writings.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the read even at 99 cents, December 6, 2011
I usually keep books I read on my Kindle in my virtual library. I deleted this one. I just kept wanting something to happen in the story that would surprise me, keep me on edge -- some unexpected twist. Alas, nothing. But what was even worse was the writing -- lackluster, repetitive and dull. For an author who is retired a editor, writer and publisher, this book was a terrible disappointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best enjoyed with a martini (or vodka drink of choice), October 3, 2011
As another reviewer stated, this was my first e-book, as I am new to the whole "e-book thing."

I did enjoy the read. A nice addition to my kindle library. The book is worth you downloading!

-Max L. Billington
Author, The Libertines Motorcycle Club Series

5.0 out of 5 stars Is the Cold War Ever Really Over?, June 10, 2012
This book is a well written thriller about the seemingly never-ending efforts of some political and military interests in Russia to renew the Cold War to the end that the perceived might and glory of the former Soviet Union can be realized. A retired KGB agent is contacted by his former superiors because they want him to travel to America and assassinate a resident of the United States. The confusing manipulations of elected Russian politicians, offspring of the several Russian mafias and presumed former KGB agents are all intertwined to produce a saga of double-and triple-crossing. Even contract assassins are tailed and monitored by more representatives of the espionage world. The central character of this work, Vladimir Vyugin, is quick to realize that his mission is more complicated than that presented to him. Realizing the possible political consequences of his assignment, he turn to a fromer ememy now retired from the CIA. Together, they attempt to tackle the problem and prevent a major international political crisis. This book is a fast moving just plain good read. I highly recommend this work.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Reluctant Assassin, August 25, 2011
I really enjoyed this book, my first e-book. The writing was intelligent and the plot well thought out. The insight into Russia and reminders of the "cold war" added another level of interest. I look forward to reading another book by Richard Scott.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCITING READ, October 21, 2012
Paul S. Ryan "marine" (Fountain Inn, S.C. USA) - See all my reviews
DID NOT KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT SINCE THIS IS A NEW AUTHOR FOR ME. I WAS REALLY SURPRISED HOW GOOD THIS BOOK WAS. GREAT INCITE TO THE CHARACTERS, LIKE I WAS WATCHING A MOVIE. EXCITING,AND KEEPS YOU GUESSING. A REAL PAGE TURNER.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing new twist, December 1, 2011
A refreshing approach to the age old USA vs.USSR story line. This fast paced and "cannot put it down" novel has wonderful character development and arresting intertwining sub plots.
Those of us who enjoy espionage tales such as those written by Ken Follett will feel we have been there for the birth of a whole new contributor to our favorite genre.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast paced page turner...., October 31, 2011
If you're a fan of Steig Larsson's espionage trilogy then you will be enthralled with The Reluctant Assassin. A well written, well thought through novel of CIA intrigue and Russian espionage. The plot unfolds to a fast paced page turner that kept me from putting the book down till the believable end! I'm hoping to see more from this author.... his intellect, insight and talent will keep me coming back for more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of action, October 3, 2012
I really enjoyed watching the story line develop and seeing how each character is developed. Unexpected twists and turns keeps the reader guessing from the start.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Reluctant Assasion, January 27, 2012
Great story and very believable. As a former U.S. Peace Corps in Western Russia I am interested in stories about Russia. This story brought memories that I enjoyed about Russia. I highly recommend for people who want to know about Russia.

ARRAY(0x9e9a7bd0)