5.0 out of 5 stars Check Mate You BOTH Win
Published 16 months ago by Moderate Risk

3.0 out of 5 stars A word of caution. . . make sure you know your man
Published 13 months ago by Aidy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars A word of caution. . . make sure you know your man, August 15, 2013
Aidy (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Reverse Ultimatum: A Step-By-Step Plan To Make Him Realize YOU'RE the ONE He Wants To Marry (Kindle Edition)
As Tanner herself points out in her writings, there are two possibilities that will come from following the advice in this book. By following Tanner's advice and enacting the reverse ultimatum, your boyfriend will eventually propose or the two of you will break up. Tanner's method well prepares a woman for the eventual break-up--should that happen. A woman following this method will have an easier time separating herself from a dead-end relationship that will not produce a marriage proposal. By the time a woman has been through all the steps in Tanner's method and a marriage proposal has not been extended, the woman can confidently walk away with little emotional damage to herself. She will feel confident, happy, self-satisfied, and well prepared, ready to move on in her life. For this bit of advice, Tanner's method/book is a great read.

However, I recognized early on while reading that if I had proceeded to follow through on the advanced steps of Tanner's method that I would have damaged my relationship with my boyfriend. I know my man well. If I had started to pull away from him and limit my time with him-- being involved in numerous, yet good and well meaning activities, he would have thought that I was not happy with the relationship and begin pulling away from me too. Instead, all I needed to do was simply live a happy life with little drama. As Tanner points out, men like women that are happy. When you're happy, a man wants to be around you. He also wants to know that you will be consistently happy and that this will not change as time goes by. I needed to be content and happy with my life and show that contentedness as a lasting characteristic of my relationship.

I agree with other reviewers that the advice given by Tanner is valuable. Tanner put together advice that I had heard snippets of before but not seen in a streamlined, step by step format. Tanner presents in an easily readable format how to initiate steps that will eventually lead to marriage or moving on in life from a dead-end relationship. Just make sure that you know your man well before initiating the steps and which result you will get from this method. You would not want the method to produce unintended consequences.

5.0 out of 5 stars Check Mate You BOTH Win, May 26, 2013
Moderate Risk (Lakeland, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Meet Mimi Tanner, a man's worst nightmare AND best friend. Using techniques which which would make a guy break into the sweat of sheer terror, and I'm not even kidding, Mimi shows a woman who loves her man how to get him to realize how much he loves her. She does so using what I have to say is an extraordinary insight into the male psyche. She teaches a woman how to apply just the right amount of pressure on her man without overkill. At this point, I need to comment that the pressure she applies is carried out in such a way that the pressure actually comes from within the guy. This eliminates the feeling of "being nagged" that accompanies a traditional ultimatum. I disagree with those who say Mimi is "playing games." Whether we like it or not, we are a species of mammal and each species has its own "dance of love." Mimi leads women into this effective dance of love. "Games" are ways to just mess with a guy's mind. Mimi isn't playing games. She is helping a guy realize that the woman he is stringing along is the love of his life, desirable to other men and worthy of his commitment OR she is helping the woman realize it is time to call it a day and move on to other men who are serious about commitment. Applied conscientiously after reading the book at least twice, Mimi's plan WILL work to bring resolution to your relationship. If things turn out with your man as you had hoped, Mimi's plan will intensify your love for each other.

I have read many, many relationship books over the years and I disagree vehemently that Mimi's book is more of the same. I find it quite different and much more useful than most. Mimi doesn't just lay out her reverse ultimatum technique but she also helps you evaluate if, indeed, your man is even worth keeping before you even use the technique. She helps you weed out the losers and the abusers. She is very detailed about proper timing so you don't apply her technique when it would be impractical and unfair to do so. If you love your man and want him to commit to you, there is no better book for you. You have one life to live on this earth and The Reverse Ultimatum will help you enjoy the love and commitment you deserve, either with the man you wish would commit to you, or with an even more worthy man if your man doesn't turn out to be the man you hoped he would be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth reading., March 24, 2013
Rosie Hirst (Sydney, Australia) - See all my reviews
Relationships have changed enormously in my lifetime. Now that sex is so freely available, the call for men to commit is simply not there in the same way. The fact that many women love sex as much as men do is great for men, but can contribute to many a broken female heart. There is no doubt that men and women are very different emotionally and sexually, and the way to be true to yourself, and still know how to take care of yourself is no longer automatic or handed down from older generations.

We are in new territory in relationships. Neuroscience is teaching us a lot about how differently the male and female brain and nervous system work, including emotionally and sexually. As well as that, the roles in the world of men and women continue to change fast. We are all in new territory.

This book teaches women a lot about how men think about us, and about sex and relating. Ladies it is SO different from us that unless we educate ourselves we will not know. This book is v empowering, it gives us ways to deal with ourselves and with men that do not come naturally , but actually do work as they respect the differences between men and women. I recommend this book to all women who are seeking to understand ourselves and men better, so that in the long run, we are all happier in our relationships. Good on you for writing this Mimi.,

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, February 23, 2013
I was not even done reading the whole thing and I decided to have a conversation with my BF over Valentines day weekend to see where I stand for the long term. He got up and proposed to me on the spot. It gives you a different angle to view things from so you feel more empowered.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's NOT about strategy . . ., June 14, 2013
Jane C. Harris (Milwaukee, WI USA) - See all my reviews
I did a very detailed search for a book based on sound psychological principles and based on real love, not deceptive strategy, to help women avoid the pitfalls of giving themselves away (not just sexually) too soon--and for that matter keeping their own sense of self throughout the relationship. This is the ONLY book I could find that met this criteria. I bought it so that I can have it for recommended reading for clients who need this type of guidance (I am a psychologist). I usually don't review books or products, but this book is one of a kind in its category. Also, well written and reader friendly. Quite an accomplishment for the author--Congratulations!

3.0 out of 5 stars I am sure it is helpful in some cases, August 21, 2013
Graycat "CH" (Des Moines, Iowa) - See all my reviews
Some men need to have an ultimatum in order to wake up and smell the coffee. In the heart of hearts, I know that my Boyfriend does not respond well to ultimatums, he would die but wouldn't cave in. This is because he has had one ultimatum too many and ended up in unfulfilling relationships because he did feel pressured into it.

I am ok with doing all the steps except for the final ultimatum- walking away after 2 weeks. It is ok if you can walk away from your partner, but if not, and good men are in short supply- are you sure that a piece of paper is more valuable than what your partner can offer you at this point?

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY!, February 13, 2013
I have been wanting this knowledge, and this book for so long, and at long last I got it. I am not sure why I waited. WELL WORTH THE READ!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Read this "book" in 1 hour..., December 5, 2013
Wow... really... almost 5 stars on Amazon?

This "book" could have been a 2 page article but it rambled on just for the sake of filling space, repeating the same things over and over again... what a rip off.

Was any of this useful? Not in the sense that I was hoping to find some great ideas and tap into the psyche of a man, or learn something deep about myself about what I am doing wrong... Yeah, sure, but it's nothing I haven't already read for free. Save yourself the $7... Here's literally everything you will learn from this book- Do you want your man to propose? Then stop acting like a needy nag, go to the gym, put on some make up, get a life outside of him, let him sweat it out, and if he really loves you, he'll realize he doesn't want to lose you. Wow- very insightful indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, September 5, 2013
Everything you read in the book makes sense ! It's funny how easy we forget how to play the " love game " it's already working for me, I went for a trip and my boyfriend is showering me with attention and affection, must read!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS FANTASTIC!, July 22, 2013
It was wonderful and states the rules for success! I've always put these rules into action with great
Results where men are concerned....I fell totally in love with someone and let the rules fall to the wayside.
He was not committing all the way which really hurt. I started making my life incredible and it is working!

Thanks for a reminder and such a great book!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›