Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Rhythm of Family: Discovering a Sense of Wonder through the Seasons
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on September 3, 2014
Just not very impressive. I could have gotten more out of a family and child blog. This book has pretty pictures but only scratches the surface of what you can do with children throughout the seasons.
on October 10, 2011
this book was a gift from a friend + I've only had the book for a couple weeks and already used some crafty ideas for some activities with the kids that I'll remember forever. I LOVE the way the book follows the seasons. And the introduction about how simplifying allows you to NOTICE, and to have more meaningful connections with your family. Thank you to the author - More please!
on August 29, 2011
This book is a must for families! Practical information as well as inspirational messages throughout--a joy to read with beautiful photos and intelligent prose
on April 30, 2013
I love having this book on my desk and thumbing through it every month. It is a gentle reminder to stop and pay attention to the outside world, not just the calendar (with the to-do list) on my wall.
on March 12, 2012
The Rhythm of Family: Discovering a Sense of Wonder through the Seasons Each month has an entry from both Amanda (SouleMama) and Stephen (SoulePapa), a craft and/or recipe specific to the season and activities for the entire family to enjoy. My family is trying the "Sprouts in a Jar" this week.
on December 26, 2011
Wow! Was this book ever a disappointment. It's strength is its beautiful photography; after that it's downhill. Fast. The book reads like a blog post -- flowery personal reflections, which aren't particularly insightful. Overall the book has little to no fresh information, eg, there's a green smoothie "recipe," so ubiquitous to the internet I can't imagine it's being offered as the author's idea, and there's even a recycled Martha Stewart craft entitled "Catch the Sun." Yikes! You will also find info on indoctrinating your child into meditation -- fine if that's your bent, but if it isn't, you should know about that content before you decide to purchase this book. Thankfully, I checked out the book from our public library and, therefore, don't have buyer's remorse.
55 comments|18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2012
This book is joining a short list of books I plan to give to both of my daughters when they marry.

This book is not about the photos or the projects: It is about instilling a sense of reverence for family, children and the earth we live on. There is something magical about how Amanda and Steve love each other and their children, about how they make their lives all about wonder and beauty.

I have been reading Soulemama since before Adelaide was born. I have gone through phases of resisting what seemed too perfect -- too much work, probably. But Amanda's influence has touched me deeply, and led me to create more beauty for my home and my children. I am still in awe of her ability to fill her home -- so mindfully -- with so much loveliness.
on September 17, 2015
Encouraging book for family life and raising children.
on October 7, 2011
Wonderful book! I LOVE seasons and the way we change with them. Great photos and the projects are fun to do. I may not be able to do "everything" this family does but I am inspired by this book to do more living--real living. Love & Family. I have told all my friends about this book and Amanda's website SouleMama.
review image
on August 13, 2015
Lovely book! I'm obsessed with it.