‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for everyone, October 25, 2007
I had the privlage of hearing VJ Smith speak on Marty. This simple man obviously had a dramatic affect on the people he encountered. This very quick reading book has the punch of a freight train at full throttle. If you want true success this is a must read for everyone. The simple truths from a simple man could change your business, change your life!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring Customer Service story, May 9, 2007
I worked at this Wal-mart when Marty was an employee there. He was an absolute joy to be around and the story is 100% true to form of the way this wonderful man treated his customers. Quick read and very uplifting!

5.0 out of 5 stars How could something so moving be so simple to read?, April 28, 2007
This book was recomended to me and it was an absolute easy read! It's a very short story that wakes up your inner spirit. I'm buying one for all the GRADs I know. Those who deal with the public should definately read this book, but everyone (male or female) will benefit from it. Not only will you enjoy the read....but gain a renewed sense of relationships & life! Even if you are not looking for inspiration, it's written so that you can't put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST READ, November 4, 2006
A great read for the Thanksgiving season. A true story about the differences one man made in the lives of the people who went through his checkout line at a chain store in South Dakota. This book will redefine happiness and wealth in the lives of everyone who reads it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Inspirational!, December 20, 2007
What a great story. I cannot imagine anyone not enjoying this great little work. I have a bad habit of buying books and after the first chapter or two putting it back on the shelf. Not this one! I could not put it down until it was finished.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great way to spend an hour!, August 21, 2010
This review is from: The Richest Man in Town (Hardcover)
You can read this entire book in about an hour. Invest an hour to make your life (and the lives of those around you) much richer - you won't be disappointed.

The book teaches three simple lessons:
- Relationships matter most in life
- Try to do a little more
- Only you can make you happy

While the lessons seem pretty straight-forward, they are told in an extremely powerful way. Honestly, it's a real tear jerker as it's one of the most authenticate ways to live that I have ever heard or read about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should read this book!, March 7, 2010
This review is from: The Richest Man in Town (Hardcover)
This is a wonderful and uplifting story of a kind man who touched alot of lives and made a difference. Everyone needs a person in their lives like Marty. A great reminder of what truly matters in life....love, family, friendship and genuine honor & kindness.

I bought this book after hearing VJ Smith speak and I highly recommend both and will probably need to get the CD next.

This is a win-win!

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a short movie that's GREAT!, May 11, 2008
My wife's employer bought the book for she and her coworkers to read. She became emotional as she read it and suggested that I would like it. I'm not into emotional books (I rarely read a book) but it's a quick read so I took it from her. Like others, I couldn't put it down and feel great for having read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book & story, December 23, 2009
Excesv1 (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Richest Man in Town (Hardcover)
This is a story of a man who lived his life the way all of us should. It's a great reminder of how one person can touch the lives of so many people. Most of us rate the success of our lives by our status and our material possessions while Marty shows us that real riches come from the heart. A must read!

5.0 out of 5 stars God's Personal plan for all His Children, April 27, 2013
Oh to be as faithful in my daily life as Marty was. Regardless of where we are placed by God to be His Instrument, we are the only ONE who can do what God has in mind to be done. May we all be as obedient as Marty.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Richest Man in Town
The Richest Man in Town by V. J. Smith (Hardcover - 2007)
Used & New from: $1.53