Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Format: DVDChange

on December 31, 2012
Know that these discs are copies (DVD-R), not real DVDs. Read the "DVD-R Note" on the product page. They are blue on the bottom rather than the standard DVD (chrome-ish?). They are heavily copyright protected as well, which makes viewing them a hassel. They will not play on my macbook pro. They also wouldn't play on my girlfriends DVD player, which has never had an issue with any DVD or even burned CDs. We got them to play momentarily on a Playstation 2 but they quickly started skipping and freezing. The back of the DVD case has a note that reads "THIS DISC IS EXPECTED TO PLAY BACK IN DV VIDEO "PLAY ONLY" DEVICES, AND MAY NOT PLAY BACK IN OTHER DVD DEVICES, INCLUDING RECORDERS AND PC DRIVES." I have been unable to play the DVDs and will most likely return them rather than buy a new play-only DVD player. I wouldn't trust the quality of these discs. I love these three guys and their amazing show, but this product caused nothing but frustration.
11 comment10 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2013
I've purchased 1st and 2nd season. The 1st season is mastered much better than the 2nd. The content on the 1st season DVD set is not interlaced, and is mastered on printed DVDs. The 2nd season appears to be mastered on DVD-R media (the label on the DVD jacket calls it DVD Download), and the content is interlaced which reduces playback quality.

Still, if the 3rd season comes out on DVD I'll buy it as well.
on March 4, 2012
I love this show it's extremely funny, but as a previous comment was made, THIS IS A BURNED COPY. Really pixilated, sound is quiet, and you know it's burned because the discs are blue on the bottom. I took a chance after reading the burned copy review hoping it was a fluke. Don't make the same mistake I did, Horribly disappointed because I thought I was getting a legitimate copy. don't buy this from "Amazon LLC" in kentucky. will be getting a refund
0Comment11 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 13, 2012
I actually had a chance to compare this DVD with Jerry Seinfeld's "I'm telling you for the last time." While Seinfeld is outstanding, the insights of Karl Pilkington are the funniest things you will ever hear. The great thing about Karl is that he is not preparing to be funny but is simply saying what comes into his warped mind. You can hear Karl explain how ashtrays can treat kidney stones, how a bee had a heart attackm and how the inside of his body is shorter than the outside. This is priceless.
on January 7, 2012
I was reading the review about poor packaging, and I just wanted to say that mine came packaged fine. It had cover art, and so did DVDs, exactly like my season 1 set. I ordered after that person, so maybe they changed something.

If you watched season 1, it's just more of the same hilarious chit chat. You should know what to expect. My only real complaint is that, unlike the previous season, there are not any English subtitles. English was not my family's first language, and many have trouble with non-American english accents (UK, Ireland, Australia, etc). So the lack of subtitles was disappointing. That's all.
on January 17, 2012
One of the funniest shows ever. If you've heard any of their podcasts or have seen season 1, this season delivers as well. However, there could be more to the discs. As previous reviewers have mentioned, they are burned by amazon, which does have an effect on the sound quality which isn't as crisp or as loud as it should be. I had to almost double the volume that I'd normally have to for any other DVD. And I do wish there were subtitles, you can definitely hear everything they say, assuming you crank up the volume as well, but sometimes the exchanges go so fast, especially when Ricky and Steve start to feed off of each other. That said, it is Ricky, Steve, and Karl at their best, if you're a fan of their podcasts/ show, you really can't go wrong. In conclusion, the show more than makes up for the shoddy DVDs but if you are particular about features/ extras on a DVD, maybe wait and hope they come out with an official DVD. Cheers!
22 comments3 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 15, 2011
One of the most hilarious tv series I have seen. It takes a while to understand where Karl Pilkington is coming from and to start to appreciate the humor here. However, once you start appreciating it, be warned that you are likely to fall out of your chair quite frequently.
on August 7, 2013
When I first saw this show a couple of years ago I thought Ricky & Stephen were just being mean to Karl. Then as I watched more I became hooked. The animation works brilliantly as they illustrate scenes and ideas that are being discussed. I believe that Karl is genuine - no one could make him up, he's too perfect - but I think also it's easy to overlook that he's not an idiot, he's not stupid, he just has some odd views of things. He also makes some very funny comments that are just brilliant, but his sense of humor seems to dry that he never laughs.

All three seasons of this show are brilliant. It's so funny and there are times I've cried I've laughed so hard. But it's not for everyone. If the idea of listening to three guys talk for half an hour doesn't appeal to you, then it might not be for you.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 17, 2012
I have noticed some others complain about the packaging. The case itself was fine, the only issues are it is burnt dvds. Warner has been doing this with their archive collection and ive never had any problems with them. All the discs in set play fine and i have no issues with the volume. So don't let the negative reviews scare you off, this is still worth picking up.

As far as contentwise, if you liked season one you'll like this. Its many hours of hilarious material from the podcasts. I was laughing so hard i was in pain, i definately reccomend picking up.
on May 31, 2012
I have been following this trio with great enthusiasm for quite some time and they just never get old. The Ricky Gervais Show is hilarious and spontaneous, comprised of excerpts from the podcasts, its great to see the audio matched up with the animation. Their kind of humor is a welcome change from the crap that passes for comedy nowadays.
If you ever get a chance to listen to the 'Guides to...', definitely do so, I have been reduced to tears on many occasions!