Gary B. Smith, Fox Business Network
"The Road Out of Debt will put you in a better position to face your personal financial problems and deal with them."
Lynnette Khalfani-Cox, the Money Coach
From the Inside Flap
Written in a straightforward and accessible style, The Road Out of Debt walks you through the steps you need to take in order to resolve your debts and rebuild your finances. Initially, it discusses your options for avoiding bankruptcy and managing your specific debts. It then moves on to examine when filing for bankruptcy might be the right decision. Along the way, you'll quickly discover how bankruptcy really works, so you can effectively navigate through it either on your own or with the help of a lawyer.
With millions of Americans personally facing dire financial situations, job losses, home foreclosures, and other major financial challenges, no book could be more timely. Divided into four comprehensive parts, this reliable resource:
- Will help you assess your debt situation and achieve financial freedom either with or without bankruptcy
- Addresses how to handle specific debts, including credit card, mortgage, medical, student loans, auto, and tax
- Warns you about the dangers of debt quick fixes and scams
- Puts the bankruptcy process in perspective and discusses the different types of bankruptcy options available to you
- Presents stories of hypothetical bankruptcies based on real individuals, so you can understand and learn more about what can happen in a bankruptcy case
Filled with the insights of both a bankruptcy judge and a bankruptcy lawyer, The Road Out of Debt will put you in a better position to face your personal financial problems and deal with them. With this book as your guide, you'll quickly learn when it's best to avoid bankruptcy, when you should seek bankruptcy protection, and, most important, how to work through the bankruptcy process if you choose to take that path.