4.0 out of 5 stars A very nice gift book.
Published 18 months ago by P. Cappiello

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK.
Published 17 months ago by JDub

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK., October 30, 2012
This review is from: The Rolling Stones 50 (Hardcover)
This is from a devoted Stones fan for the past 40+ yrs. I've read numerous books and have followed their careers pretty closely. First saw them live in 72 at the Fabulous Forum in LA. Wow, they knocked my socks off. Anyway, I was anxious for the arrival of this book. Being that it was endorsed and authored by the RS, plus the 50 years, I thought I was in for a treat. Well, after receiving the book and browsing through it (you can only browse because it's all pictures) I was disappointed. Most of the pictures have been published in other books. There's nothing revealing in the captions for the pictures. Plus, I don't think enough pics or credit were given to Andrew Loog Oldham (who really molded and created the 'image' of the Stones) or Ian Stewart (the second member of the group after Brian). Plus, plus Mick Taylor doesn't get that much either. Being a diehard RS fan there was no way I would not get this book. If you are a diehard, then Yes you must get it. If you are a fan and just want a good book on the RS. Then here is my ranking of Stones books.
1. Rolling with the Stones - Bill Wyman - this is by far the best book.
2. Old Gods Almost Dead - Stephen Davis - Great details about early concerts. Life of the road. Good history.
3. Up and Down with the RS - Tony Sanchez - Great stories of late 60's early 70's life in the RS bubble. May have some embellishment for dramatic flair.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very nice gift book., October 17, 2012
P. Cappiello "Gibson Fan" (Virginia Beach, Va. USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rolling Stones 50 (Hardcover)
First of all thanks Amazon, I pre ordered this and it came the day before the release date. I had no idea what to expect from this book, and I have a Lot of Stones books. This is pretty okay, a big sprawling coffee table size book , long on pictures , short on stories. As a gift book it is superb. If you have Stones books you have seen most of these these pictures before. I would rank it #3 in Stones Books. Rolling With The Stones, by Bill Wyman is the best Stones book there ever was, IMO. A giant book that takes weeks to read and is put together in a way that is nothing short of fantastic. Go buy that book. Next I would say is According to the Rolling Stones. Another oversize book- forget the tiny paperback version. That too has great insight from the band itself. And in a distant third , I would say this book. If you don't want to spend the $37+ dollars fear not. I bet this book is way less than that at B&N by Xmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars 50 Years of Outstanding!, October 20, 2012
This review is from: The Rolling Stones 50 (Hardcover)
The Rolling Stones 50 is the most complete collection of memories I have ever seen. The photos, many of them i have never seen, are crisp and clear as if they were taken yesterday. If you are a Rolling Stones fan, this book is a MUST-HAVE!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the price, October 17, 2012
This review is from: The Rolling Stones 50 (Hardcover)
I'm a new Rolling Stones fan -- even though I'm old enough to have been a fan for the last fifty years. I liked their music when I was young, but usually without knowing it was "Stones." And I thought Mick was cute, but never paid any attention to the rest of the band. What a mistake!

It took reading Keith Richards autobiography, "Life," (highly recommended) to make me realize there was a whole world of music out there that I needed to explore. As someone without a lot of Stones books, I thought the pictures alone in this book made it worth every penny. The commentary from Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie makes it a little more personal than many commemorative books. It's so interesting to watch the band members turn from boys into men, and to see how the band itself matures into "the greatest rock and roll band ever." Yes, the book is a bit short on background material, but that's readily available elsewhere.

I say, if you're a Rolling Stones fan, you need to own this book. Or even if you're just interested in seeing what the music scene was like in the sixties -- over half of the book is devoted to the 1962-69 period.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Goodness, It is very good!, September 18, 2013
This review is from: The Rolling Stones 50 (Hardcover)
Great volume of the chronicles of the Rolling Stones from its inception in the mind of Brian to the many metamorphises of the ensuing decades! If you love the Stones, you must have The Rolling Stones 50! I've been lovin' them a little too long to stop now!

2.0 out of 5 stars Again nothing new, July 6, 2013
Leslie "NTCat7" (Washington, IL, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rolling Stones 50 (Hardcover)
Apart from the publication in China (leSigh), there is nothing really new in this book. So glad I waited to buy for only $10.
Bill Wyman's book is so very much better and every time you look at it, there's a surprise or an Easter egg.

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfaction!, January 11, 2013
This review is from: The Rolling Stones 50 (Hardcover)
Having been a Stones fan since 1965 I was super excited to own this book. It sits on my coffee table for anyone who visits to enjoy. So many pictures! It depicts The Rolling Stones from their beginning till present in vivid detail. I love the cover too! Brings back many memories of 1970 when they first started using that logo. All in all I would totally recommend this book to add to anyones collection & if you are a Stones fan it is a must!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice picture book, but eh..............., November 13, 2013
Bill Board (God's Wrath, Ohio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rolling Stones 50 (Hardcover)
This being the Stones' 50th, etc, I expected "50" to be more than - frankly - a collection of cut 'n paste pix. Sure I haven't seen a lot of them, but it would have been nice to get some insight into what was going on concurrent with the pix. Still: you get what you pay for, and I certainly didn't pay a lot for "50," so...well, it'll be nice to flaunt on my "media (or something) table."

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Gift, September 23, 2013
This review is from: The Rolling Stones 50 (Hardcover)
My 80 Year Old Mom LOVES the Rolling Stones, and this book is FANTASTIC, and it has such great pictures and stories!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential book to buy, May 5, 2013
This review is from: The Rolling Stones 50 (Hardcover)
Wonderful 50th anniversary book on the band. Filled with lovely photos and informative details. An essential buy if you are at all a Stones fan or just naturally curious.

ARRAY(0xa71855f4)

The Rolling Stones 50
The Rolling Stones 50 by Mick Jagger (Hardcover - October 30, 2012)
$60.00