5.0 out of 5 stars important, readable, inexpensive, April 17, 2011
Harold M. Kaplan (Annapolis, MD, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rules of Double-Entry Bookkeeping: Particularis de computis et scripturis (Paperback)
I have no training in bookkeeping of any kind, and I felt there was a gap in my education, so when I found out that Pacioli's book was available in translation in an inexpensive paperback I sent for it and read it. As Pacioli emphasizes, one must read chapters 2 and 3. These are about inventory. As he does not emphasize, one must read chapter 27. It is about "profit and loss." The other chapters tell the reader how to be a cooperative and respected and successful merchant of Venice. Literally. It is not a bit like Shakespeare's play.

5.0 out of 5 stars The ORIGINAL ! What a treat., November 21, 2012
MICHAEL SCHEMMANN Author (Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand & Victoria BC, Canada) - See all my reviews
I'm a CPA and Professor of Accounting and Finance. Complexity underlying simplicity. What a treat to be able to read the ORIGINAL! This inexpensive book is mandatory reading for all of my students, and a few have turned it into an in-class presentation project. Enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting to accountants and historians, January 14, 2013
Richard P. Green II (San Antonio, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This is an approachable translation that is limited to the section of Pacioli's working concerning accounting. Still not a book to snuggle up with on a cold winter's night.

5.0 out of 5 stars The classic that brought order to Renaissance business, October 27, 2013
After all these centuries, still makes sense. Double entry bookkeeping had always been a mystery to me. Now maybe I can understand my mother's boookkeeping.

5.0 out of 5 stars great little history book on accounting, July 11, 2014
I bought this book for it's historical value. well written providing insight into the origins of double entry accounting

The Rules of Double-Entry Bookkeeping: Particularis de computis et scripturis