5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational / daily reminder
Published on May 7, 2011 by Julianne

3.0 out of 5 stars easy reading
nice, easy reading, made me laugh
( reminds me "for dummies" series)
good as a coffee-table book, not stupid, funny in places and quite far from being a tutorial
Published on December 13, 2011 by alonar

3.0 out of 5 stars easy reading, December 13, 2011
nice, easy reading, made me laugh
( reminds me "for dummies" series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational / daily reminder, May 7, 2011
This review is from: The Rules of Parenting (Paperback)
This book and others by this author are quick and easy reads. Each page is includes a new rule, which are important reminders of what's important when raising children. I liked the other books in this series the author wrote regarding, money, life and work.. Very similar to the don't sweat the small stuff series. Filled with daily tidbits to keep you on track living a positive fulfilling life. Did not regret this buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, adult advice, September 25, 2008
David (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rules of Parenting (Paperback)
This book is quite good. Two things that struck me as right-on-the-money were the comments that it's okay to hide from your kids sometimes and that you should not try to be your kids' best friend. The only thing that bothers me about this book is that it often comments, "now since you're a 'rules' parent you know better than...". Other than that it's great. Makes you feel human rather than requiring you to be superhuman.

5.0 out of 5 stars Promoting 100 easy to follow rules for parents, June 6, 2008
This review is from: The Rules of Parenting (Paperback)
Parenting - is it a natural instinct or is it learned? "The Rules of Parenting: A Personal Code for Raising Happy, Confident Children" is a guide to help those instincts or naturally gained knowledge along, promoting 100 easy to follow rules for parents to make their kids happy, the most instinctual desire of all parents. It also promotes the fact that rules, at times, are meant to be broken and that parenting is not a science, but an art. "The Rules of Parenting: A Personal Code for Raising Happy, Confident Children" is a top pick for any parent not a hundred percent sure of their abilities and for community library parenting collections.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Rules!!, November 5, 2008
This review is from: The Rules of Parenting (Paperback)
I had the opportunity to review this book and although I didn't agree with everything in it, I found it to be entertaining and a great read. There were a lot of helpful advice that really made me sit down and think about the way I'm raising my girls. I need to try to remember that my girls are just kids and kids make noise and messes. I need to remember to let them just be kids sometimes.

5.0 out of 5 stars very witty, April 7, 2013
I love this book. I love that it starts with rules for staying sane. This book has a 100 different rules subdivided 10 times. Very well organized. Some of the rules I love are you can hide from your kids and do not try to have the perfect child. There is another great book on how to talk to your kids here, [...]

4.0 out of 5 stars A MUST FOR ALL PARENTS!, June 4, 2012
Richard Templar does it again with his classic approach to advisory writing.
Raising kids in this day and age of modern technology , and where time has become a luxury, has made parenting a worthy challenge.

He reminds us on what should be our core values as parents and brings us back to basics in an easy , leisurely read.

At the end of the day, we are taught that what matters most is the relationships we build and nurture with our children who will be our best legacy in this world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, quick, helpful tips., June 4, 2012
This was very quick and easy to download. Nice quick book to read before bed, waiting on a appointment etc where you can read bits of advice to keep you grounded when you feel like you are doing things wrong as a parent!!! Put things back on track when you need that little lift once in a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars None, May 15, 2012
I have read other 'The Rules of...' books by this author and had enjoyed and found them useful so I was not surprised that this one was very good also. While some parenting advice books come across as high and mighty, making parents feel as if they are doing everything wrong (even when they are not!) and not giving any real, practical ways to improve day to day life, this book does not. The 'rules' are mostly reminders of things most of us know and gives ways to put this advice into action rather than scolding us for mistakes. Most important (for me at least) it makes room for the different personalities of all parents and children.
I very much enjoy this author. His books are down to earth advice that just about anyone can put into action.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great parenting tool, June 25, 2008
Jan B. "Nanny" (N. Providence, RI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rules of Parenting (Paperback)
This book has been helpful dealing with my teenager, and I am a Nanny, so its helpful to do with the different ages of kids I work with. Some parenting books are too long and too unreal..this one is great! Easy to read..too.

ARRAY(0xa15fb744)

The Rules of Parenting
The Rules of Parenting by Richard Templar (Paperback - March 3, 2008)
$18.99 $17.09