5.0 out of 5 stars He Will NEVER Leave You Nor Forsake You
I [the Lord] will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:19

Published on July 19, 2003 by shoutgrace

3.0 out of 5 stars I guess I wasn't in the right frame of mind
Published on January 14, 2011 by G. Henson

5.0 out of 5 stars He Will NEVER Leave You Nor Forsake You, July 19, 2003
shoutgrace "savedbyhisgrace" (Charleston, WV United States) - See all my reviews

Pastor Robert J. Morgan of Nashville, Tennessee, author of 'On This Day' and 'Tiny Talks with God' uses the story of Moses and the Israelites, as an example to explain the ten (10) God-given strategies for difficult times. Remember when Moses and the Israelites were caught between "the devil (Pharoah) and the deep Red Sea?" God delivered them from the adversary and parted the Red Sea for thier escape. The same way we're overwhelmed by life's problems. God will deliver us, too. 'The Red Sea Rules' reveals even in the worst situation God will make a way. His promise and loving guidance will protect us through all the troubles, challenges and obstacles Satan puts in our way.

These ten (10) strategies will move you from fear to faith:
Rule 1. Realize that God means for you to be where you are.
Rule 2. Be more concerned for God's glory than for your relief.
Rule 3. Acknowledge your enemy, but keep your eyes on the Lord.
Rule 4. Pray.
Rule 5. Stay calm and confident, and give God time to work.
Rule 6. When unsure, just take the next logical step by faith.
Rule 7. Envision God's enveloping presence.
Rule 8. Trust God to deliver in His own unique way.
Rule 9. View your current crisis as a faith builder for the future.
Rule 10. Don't forget to praise Him.

No matter where you are in life's storm-east or west, up, down and under. God will make a way. No sea is deeper than the ocean of His Love. No army, force or enemy can overcome His throne of grace and His work in our lives. Just like the reality of the Red Sea, God will always make a way for His trusting children, even if He must split the sea to do it. Sometime time ago, a friend told me of this book of how much of an impact it made in their life. It was the only book that they would refer to in time of encouragement and hope. If you're going through a difficult time in your life I recommend this. It's my companion I can look to. A reminder that there is a God who loves and cares to make a future plan for all of us. Just trust Him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great things in small packages., November 7, 2002
Rob Schripsema (Lynden, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This is one of those books where the author takes a familiar Bible story (the Israelites at the Red Sea, the Egyptians at their back) and shines light on it in such a way that you say, "Wow, I never saw it quite that way before." He distills 10 thought-provoking statements that become the "rules", life principles that I'm working to commit to my feeble memory.
The book was recommended to me by a friend who stumbled across it while going through a very difficult time in his life -- he felt smack up against an uncrossable sea with an enemy in pursuit. God used the book to remind him of God's sovereignty and power in that situation. The life threatening situation became a life-changing opportunity. The same has now happened for me.
And all that in this tiny, easily digestible book. Awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Book Full Of Hope, August 12, 2006
Have a problem? Know someone who does? Buy this little treasure book with ten positive rules for moving from fear to faith. Just as Moses and the Israelites found themselves caught between the Egyptians and the Red Sea as related in the Bible, we too, can face life's overwhelming problems by looking to God for help and applying these rules. Try them - you'll love them!

This is one small gem of a book that people of all ages can relate to, can be inspired and encouraged by, and will marvel at the insights the author presents.

Psalm 37:23-24 states: The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the Lord upholds him

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most important Christian books I have read, February 1, 2002
By A Customer
This little book is a gem. Using Exodus as his text, Morgan shows how not only to get through the tough times, but truly the attitude and focus that a Christian should maintain every day. After reading all of the rules, I have gone back and began the book again. This time, I am reading each rule, contemplating it and practicing it before moving on to the next rule. I highly recommend this book!

3.0 out of 5 stars I guess I wasn't in the right frame of mind, January 14, 2011
It's a little hard to be the first to give this book less than five stars, so maybe my rating says more about me than the book. For me, though, while I found the 10 rules themselves to be solid, the supporting stories I felt often added little to the mere statement of the rule. Often they seemed only tangentially related. My greatest complaint is there just seemed to be so little depth. I can't think of a single time I thought about what the book said after I closed it. This book obviously has been helpful for many, but that wasn't my experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone needs a copy of this little jewel!!!, January 9, 2007
Margaret Jones (Arlington, TEXAS) - See all my reviews
I have read this book now three times. It was such an uplift and encouragement for some difficult times that I wanted all my friends and family to have a copy. I bought 20 copies of this book and gave them all away for Christmas gifts. The message is so practical and sensible and opens your eyes to how God is working in your life even when you don't ralize He is! This book gives you the drive to hang in there, be patient, and let God work in his own unique way. You can relax and trust Him to do it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Red Sea Rules, August 30, 2007
The Red Sea Rules The Same God Who Led You In Will Lead You Out
I was going through a difficult time and this book answered ALL my questions. I read through it 5 times. It is so small that it fit in my purse and I could take it anywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique, December 12, 2008
I cannot say enough about this little book. A friend lent it to me during a very trying period of my life. Every word spoke to me and gave me great hope. God is working in mighty ways in our lives - especially in the midst of our Red Sea experiences. I recommend this book to everyone going through a trial, who needs the touch of the Lord for hope and encouragement. It is out-of-print and very hard to get. If you get a copy, hold on to it because you will go back to it again and again, as more struggles appear (as they always do). It will encourage you every time.

5.0 out of 5 stars I recommend this book to anyone!, October 30, 2007
I keep this book by my bedside and read it whenever I am troubled.

I shared this book with a couple that were going through a crisis. They liked it so much they gave my book back and bought their own!

It's a must read for any christian.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read Book, January 14, 2009
"Robert J. Morgan presents a strategic vision for victory in difficult times from Exodus 14. Morgan skillfully blends scripture verses and words from long stilled voices of men and women of God.
The Red Sea Rules is a must read book and it is destined to become a classic." --Dr. Franklin L. Kirksey, pastor, teacher, mentor, writer, and author of Sound Biblical Preaching: Giving the Bible a Voice

The Red Sea Rules The Same God Who Led You In Will Lead You Out