Hot on the heels of last year’s popular The Runner’s Rule Book comes another indispensable guide from Mark Remy and his fellow Runner’s World experts.
Whether you run in the city or on trails, in races or just for fun, you’ll find The Runner’s Field Manual loaded with practical advice and how-to instruction. As funny as it is useful, this volume covers everything from Dealing With Drivers to Toenail Maintenance, and explores in explicit detail . . .
• Urban: The Blackberry-transfixed businessman
• Suburban: The bored, angry dog
• Trail: The mountain biker who has watched too many Mountain Dew commercials
SHOES & GEAR
• The Reef Knot: The only knot you need to know
• Barefoot Running: Crazy? Or just insane?
• The Trash Bag Poncho: Three steps to ultra-cheap rainwear
RACE DAY CHALLENGES
• Finding the Damn Thing: Not always so easy
• Navigating the Aid Station: Pinch the cup
• Finish Line Vomit: Hey, it happens
. . . and much, much more. Full of charts, illustrations, and more than a few laughs, The Runner’s Field Manual is the perfect reference for anyone who loves to run—or wants to learn how.