4.0 out of 5 stars Bee rocks, Kindle version is good enough for me
Published on October 26, 2009 by Some Guy

1.0 out of 5 stars Where's the meat?
I read prior reviews that mentioned some articles were missing. Nonetheless, I thought I'd give it a try. It's actually more the case that only some articles are included. It's abysmal and certainly not worth the subscription.
Published on December 4, 2010 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Bee rocks, Kindle version is good enough for me, October 26, 2009
This review is from: The Sacramento Bee (Kindle Edition)
The Sacramento Bee is a must-read for those interested in California politics and the Sacramento region. I originally wrote that the Kindle version is abridged to the point of uselessness. For example, on Sunday October 25, 2009 it only had 11 news articles and 8 region articles. No Forum, no Business, no Scene. The Bee has subsequently worked with Amazon to include most or all of their locally-written stories on Kindle, so it now includes enough content, including Business and Living Here sections, to suit my needs. I will remain a subscriber. The Kindle version does not (as of 11/4/09) include AP articles for national or world news, or even McClatchy (the Bee's parent) articles written in other bureaus like the D.C. bureau. So the Kindle version is useful for my local interests, but does not fully replace other sources of news as the printed Bee would.

1.0 out of 5 stars Where's the meat?, December 4, 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars Very little articles for the $$, March 30, 2010
This review is from: The Sacramento Bee (Kindle Edition)
I was disappointed and somewhat shocked by the quality of the content for Kindle - I like the Bee printed, but the Kindle version was $0.05 of info for $0.50! And the content editing was poor, one article was invalidly formatted and ended up tacked on to the article before it so it didn't show up on the Content page. Very very very abbreviated format, don't waste your money.

2.0 out of 5 stars Get Serious, January 2, 2011
Gary (Granite Bay, US, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sacramento Bee (Kindle Edition)
If the Sac Bee is going to charge the price they do for the Kindle edition, they should include all articles from the daily paper. Sac Bee...get serious about online, or get out.

2.0 out of 5 stars Where's The Beef?, July 5, 2010
This review is from: The Sacramento Bee (Kindle Edition)
Pretty much all bun and very little beef here.

I, too, have been waiting a long time for the Bee to be available on the Kindle and all I can say after a two-week trial is it was just "OK".

I was hoping for more articles from The State Worker section, but did not come across much. There ARE a few scattered photos with the articles, which was a plus, but, overall, a pretty "thin" and lacking Kindle version ... unequivocally could use a little more beef.

1.0 out of 5 stars Are you kidding?, July 27, 2011
This review is from: The Sacramento Bee (Kindle Edition)
I paid for one copy of the Bee expecting to have access to local news and information. What I got was a few boring articles in a boring format. I hope Bee readers don't jump on a annual subscription before checking out how incomplete the content is. The bee should be embarrased by this poor showing.

1.0 out of 5 stars So bad I had to laugh., August 24, 2011
This review is from: The Sacramento Bee (Kindle Edition)
I'm quite lazy and normally wouldn't take the time to write a negative review. But the Kindle Edition is bad enough to warrant me taking a few minutes. I just got my first new Tablet and was excited to have enough screen area to finally get the Bee Kindle edition. It's not that I am complaining the price is too high. I am complaining that the content has been gutted so badly that this is not worth reading even for free in my opinion. It's a waste, not only of money, but of time. The Kindle edition simply doesn't have enough content to make it worthy of being called a newspaper. I was upset enough that I actually wanted to identify fault and know whom to blame. So, I went and got the Nook edition also. It, the Nook Edition, actually has some different, but not much more, content. I suppose then that the problem is with The Bee and not Amazon. Whatever the case, I strongly encourage anyone reading this review to check both editions and the Sac Bee website before spending money on this. It's possible someone else might be satisfied with the extremely limited content provided, but I honestly can't think of who.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great way to read the Bee when traveling, March 17, 2010
This review is from: The Sacramento Bee (Kindle Edition)
Waking up in a hotel room and reading your daily newspaper on a Kindle is a great way to go. You can download a single copy and take it with you when you leave your hotel without a lot of bulky papers to carry around. Did you ever try to read a paper copy of a newspaper on a plane without hitting the person next to you in the nose while turning the page? I never did learn the "bus fold" or "plane fold" way of folding the paper while reading where you end up with a origami frog or something by the time you finish. The Kindle is even better than that. You can read it in a small amount of space and you don't get ink all over your hands. And if you get interrupted and have to quit reading, the Kindle saves your place so you can go right back to where you were when you start up again. The Kindle also removes the old issue when you get a new one unless you choose to save it. So no taking out the trash with Kindle.

The Sacramento Bee contains a lot of information about what's happening in the state's capitol and the editorials and other commentary are usually interesting as well. The Kindle copies I've purchased had a lot of content and even some of the pictures, although they're in black and white. Actually, it's a pretty nice way to read the paper. If I didn't need the paper for the birdcages, I'd probably consider canceling the paper copy and subscribing on the Kindle.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Content, February 17, 2011
This review is from: The Sacramento Bee (Kindle Edition)
The Kindle version of the Sacramento Bee comes with a fraction of the articles offered in the newsstand version to the point of pretty much being worthless. The Bee should learn that if it was fit to print, it should be fit to view on the kindle.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not ready for prime time., December 25, 2011
This review is from: The Sacramento Bee (Kindle Edition)
Clunky interface. I cancelled the Kindle subscription and now read it for free on my smart phone. The Kindle version really does not work well. Try the trial subscription and you'll see what I'm talking about. (Current date- Dec 2011)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›