Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

89%
11%
Format: Hardcover|Change

on July 14, 2006
"The Sacred Yes" is one of the most powerful books I have ever read. It is packed with deep wisdom from the Divine, offering a new slant on basic Truth principles and flipping many of them 360° so that they finally make sense. Filled with optimism, love and hope, the text also challenges us to wake up from our slumber and recognize that God is everywhere present, available to each one of us in equal measure. This is a book to be savored and cherished, pondered and acted upon. Deborah Johnson is surely a prophet for the 21st Century. She and her book are a joy to behold!!
on May 29, 2006
Here's my review from the earlier edition of the book. It is a blessing that Sounds True has decided to publish it and offer is as a book and CD.

God spoke to Rev. Deborah Johnson in the form of letters. Here she shares this "correspondence," which she has organized and edited brilliantly. Every page and virtually every paragraph shimmer with revelations and wisdom, easily accessible and at the same time loving, profound and life-altering. I wish I could give this book to everyone on our planet. It would be a happier world. How fortunate we are that this book is the first of a series planned by the author.
on February 27, 2013
I was delighted to discover I could purchase The Sacred Yes in Kindle format because I had given my hardbound copy away as a gift. I'm currently working on my third reading of this book, reading one letter each morning. Each time I read a letter I discover some new insight that I didn't have the capacity to take in before. These letters inspire personal transformation when they are read with an open mind and heart. I am hopeful that Rev D's second book, Your Deepest Intent, will be available for Kindle as well since I usually read it after completing The Sacred Yes. If you want to really connect with Spirit, I highly recommend this book.
on February 27, 2007
I cannot say enough good things about this book. If you have read "Conversations With God," this book is a must. Rev Deb actually collaborated with Neale Donald Walsch while writing this book. The truthes shared and expresses are so fundamental and "right on" that it is impossible to deny their existence in our lives. A must read for all people looking for ways to become closer to the God not defined by Christianity &/or all other Spiritual Travelers.

***Note to the first reviewer: Buy The Book! I have not heard the audio CD's, but have heard Rev Deb speak many times. Her speaches and sermons are incredible and infectious. Therefore I cannot fathom that the CD's would be so bad, but bringing down her book's rating for technical issues and related opionions is not nice. I suppose I could see how if one is not used to listening to a soulful blcak woman speak, it could be a bit hard on the ears.
on January 11, 2015
If my house was burning down and I only had time to grab one book... THE SACRED YES would be that book!! I LOVE this book! It always gives me right what I need, even when I "randomly" choose a page number and allow the book to fall open!!

I use this book with my coaching clients and gift it to those I witness walking a spiritual path. It is like a personal road map through life!!
on October 19, 2011
What Rev. Deborah Johnson reveals in The Sacred Yes is beyond what I thought was possible, yet I believe it! Could it be that God or Spirit is talking directly to her? YES! This is amazing! I know Rev. Johnson and she is even more amazing in person. This book is the one book of all books to own! The spiritual journey it takes you on is incredible, yet so valuable and life-changing! Each letter can be read separately, which makes reading it simpler. Yet there is nothing simple about this book. It is deep! I highly recommend this book to people of all faiths!
on March 11, 2008
To think that I almost didn't buy the CD based on one of the "reviews" here!!! Thankfully, I saw another review in which they mentioned that the author was African-American and instantly I understood! As a Speech-Language Pathologist I am familiar with cultural (not the same as ethnic) differences that may manifest in speech patterns as dialect, intonation and/or resonance (to name a few). I am also aware that limited experiences with other cultures may cause some to be uncomfortable with the differences!!!

I personally loved the way this CD emulated the "call and response" feel of the black churches of my youth. However, if for any reason you feel that you may find the author's voice distracting, please buy the book--because in the end it is the message that matters! And what a message it is!!!

The messages are Soul-reaching!!! The information has the potential to be life-changing for some, life-affirming for others. I consider myself to be on the path of a "Mystic Christian" for others on such a path, I highly recommend this book/CD.
on September 13, 2007
The reverend daughter does a phenomenal job of distributing consciousness raising and clarifying thoughts. In conjunction with joyful, liberating, illuminating, and unifying concepts is a very elegant style of prose. Sometimes charming, sometimes witty and always candid and "straight from the hip" Reverend Johnson and the I AM THAT I AM present ways of BEING that Jesus himself would be proud of. In fact I'm quite certain Jesus tried to get these insights through our heads 2000 years ago, but very few had ears to hear. If you seek emancipation from your own ego-master, this book is invaluable.
on March 1, 2009
I was enormously blessed by Dr. Johnson's book, "The Sacred Yes." It was wonderful to discover a true prophetic treasure! May God reward your faithfulness and boldness in proclaiming His words! I highly recommend this book to anyone pursuing their sacred path, for beyond the pursuit of our own desires is the hidden impetus of Spirit, seeking to extract a "YES" from the secret womb of our beings; the "YES" that accords Him the divine right to order our steps in ways we know not of. That which is secret is also sacred, and one the "YES" is uttered, the glorious journey begins!!
on April 6, 2012
I picked up the audio book at the library and it was a little difficult to listen to until I gave it a chance. The author is coming from a different place than I am, that's all. I'm a Caucasion woman from California and we don't believe we have accents. I'm used to my spiritual messages coming at me in that tv annoucer's "Californian Speak." Deborah L. Johnson is a African American woman who sounds like what I would think of as a "holy roller"

Well then, I say let the woman roll! Once I got used to her cadence I began to really enjoy the audio; laughing and nodding yes with her. One of the joys of listening to an audio read by the author, is we get to know the author. I listened to Big Fish by David Lynch. You haven't lived until you hear Lynch, in his Philly growl telling ya, "Ya gotta meditate! Expand your container!" He sounds like a gangster. That's when we know, that we're all here as one because we all get it, as one. It doesn't matter what church or temple one goes to, whether you call it, "God," "Allah" or "Supreme Mighty Goodness Within Us All," we get there with all of our different outers to the same inner. With gratitude.

My only critisism of the book is when Johnson, goes off on her own without the "channeling," but that's okay too because she comes back to her human critical self for a bit. I don't think "God" spends too much time regretting - it's a force that moves forward. This part of the book makes it more real to me that Johnson is receiving guidance from her inner self because she starts writing from her outer. That's okay. It was a nice comparison.

Whether or not you listen to the audio or read it in print, this is a great text. I came today to buy the book in print for the fine prose that I would just like to read again. And possibly again.