5.0 out of 5 stars Watching the movie now...
Published 4 months ago by bubblechamp

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't Yell at Santa
THE SANTA CLAUSE: 3 MOVIE COLLECTION is a three DVD box set that includes all three movies of the Santa Clause trilogy from Walt Disney Pictures. The three movies included are:

Published on November 19, 2008 by tvtv3

5.0 out of 5 stars Watching the movie now..., July 24, 2014
After ordering this set, I began to have reservations due to the complaints about the description and format of viewing the movies. I am watching The Santa Clause right now! I'm so happy!!! Not only did the set arrive in two days, the package was carefully wrapped. The original cello wrap around the entire set. Then, each disc in it's original package, were also cello wrapped. There are extra scenes, deleted scenes and other extras on each of the discs.

I don't know why some had problems with the picture not filling up their widescreen tv's. Written in very small print, on the outside box and each of the plastic cases it says to be played on a Blu-ray 1080p format. Perhaps their tv's aren't set to the right format. I hope this helps some of the people who are having trouble with the movies. Maybe they can adjust the zoom or picture size on their tv's if their widescreen aren't 1080p. If I should have any problems with the rest of the discs, I'll update this review. A+ seller and set!

4.0 out of 5 stars Full Screen Clauses, October 2, 2008
This review is from: The Santa Clause: 3 Movie Collection (DVD)
The three Santa Clauses films were a cute franchise for the Disney company. Tim Allen was and still is a hot Disney Property. The first film is a modern day Xmas classic. The other two films were good, but didnt live up to the first films promise.

Disney has smartly gave the public a gift, wrapping all three films in one package. However this version is full screen and formatted to a TV set. Others have remarked that is a problem, I dont like it..but many of my friends and family dont care if the film is the same as the cinematic focus. So I know what people are getting for xmas this year

So at the price of these films it is a good buy at the price and a great holiday gift

Bennet Pomerantz AUDIOWORLD

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't Yell at Santa, November 19, 2008
tvtv3 "tvtv3" (St. Louis Metro East Area) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Santa Clause: 3 Movie Collection (DVD)

THE SANTA CLAUSE-Scott Calvin is a divorced Dad. Much to his ex-wife's chagrin, his six-year old son still believes in Santa Claus. On Christmas Eve, an unexpected visitor falls off of Scott's roof. All that remains of the visitor is a sleigh and eight reindeer on Scott's roof, a red and white furry coat, and instructions that if involved with the accident to put the coat on. Scott does and soon finds himself zipping around the world delivering packages through chimneys. He eventually winds up at the North Pole and is informed by a group of elves that he's the new Santa. Scott believes the whole thing is a dream and goes about his regular life. But as the year progresses Scott's hair turns grey, he gains a ton of weight, and his face doesn't stay shaved. Scott has to either accept his new job or disappoint children around the world, including his own son. Special features include "So You Wanna Be an Elf?"; Santa's Helper - a trivia adventure game; and "Making Santa snacks with Wolfgang".

THE SANTA CLAUSE 2: THE MRS. CLAUSE--Eight years have passed since Scott Calvin became the new Santa Claus and the elves at the North Pole think he's the best Santa ever. But there's a problem. It turns out there's another clause to the agreement that Scott made years ago and Santa has to be married. Santa has a year to find a wife and get married. Otherwise the elves' favorite Santa will be gone with no memory of what has happened. Special features include deleted scenes; a gag reel; "Operation Toy Box: Save Santa" set-top game; and the making-of featurette "Inside the North Pole With Curtis".

THE SANTA CLAUSE 3: THE ESCAPE CLAUSE--Things have been going smooth at the North Pole for over a decade. Santa has taken a prominent place at the Council of Mythical Leaders and has been a strong opponent to Jack Frost. Frost doesn't like it and believes if he was Santa, the world would be a much better place. His cold heart leads him to discover one last clause to the Santa agreement. If he can get Santa to say a particular phrase he will be zipped back through time to the moment he became Santa and someone else can take his place. Frost plots his move carefully and Santa soon finds himself zipping through time and living as Scott Calvin in a miserable world that would make Mr. Potter from IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE very, very happy. Special features include a blooper reel; alternate opening scene; "On the Set with Tim and Marty"; Christmas carol-oke; and "Greatest Time of Year" music video with Aly and AJ.

THE SANTA CLAUSE is the best of the movies in the set and the films progressively decrease in story development and entertainment value through the series.

The only major complaint I have about the set is that the films are all in fullscreen with no widescreen option. I prefer watching movies on my regular television in the widesreen format.

Overall this is a nice holiday collection available at a reasonable price. THE SANTA CLAUSE is the only film of the three that might someday be referred to being a classic, but they're all decent movies that the entire family can watch together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Family Fun!!, September 26, 2008
This review is from: The Santa Clause: 3 Movie Collection (DVD)
I LOVE this movie and am disappointed that others cannot just sit back and enjoy this movie for what it is...a family movie to share with your kids and/or grandchildren. Every year after Thanksgiving when we come back from vacation we put the movies in and put up our tree and decorations.It has become a HUGE family tradition with us and it would not be Christmas with out it. I am thrilled they put it in a set and cannot wait to purchase it for one and two share it with my own family, I think this is our generations Miracle on 34th street like someone else said and am glad to have it to share.

1.0 out of 5 stars Right idea, wrong format, August 28, 2008
This review is from: The Santa Clause: 3 Movie Collection (DVD)
I've been waiting for them to get smart and put out a three disc set of the three Santa Clause films, since I don't have any on DVD yet. I agree with most critics in thinking that the first is the best (in fact, I think it's our generation's "Miracle on 34th Street"), the second not as good and the third not as good as the second. I still like some aspects of the third film though, especially the whole "It's a Wonderful Life" aspect of what would have been different if he had never become Santa.

So what do they do? They put out the trilogy in a reasonably priced set, and they only make it available in full screen!!!! I think that DVD sales have shown that most fans want the films in widescreen, so this is ridiculous. I've got to believe that the only reason they're doing it is because they still have a huge inventory of unsold full screen copies, so they're hoping that releasing it this way will move some of them. Well, I didn't buy them in full screen when you put out the first two as a set that way, and I won't buy them now. I guess I'll keep waiting for them to put out the set I want.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Timeless classic, February 18, 2013
You know it occurred to me while watching the first movie again on blu ray that they actually killed off santa claus. I've never heard of anyone else doing that. Granted they did so in a way that was hilarious but not as traumatic as you might think for kids. But, they did need to set the stage for tim allen to take over. I won't go into details of the movies as most people know it and the others should experience it for the first time on blu ray without having me inflluence them. The first two are great, and the third is good, way better than it was said to be at the time. The only thing I thought they could have fixed is there is a plot development that puts the hero out in the cold, but it is resolved way too quickly (Martin Short is rather grating at times, I am not a big fan, but Jack Frost is supposed to make you hate him, so that works in his favor). I think they should have made it longer and maybe make it more of a struggle, maybe get allen's character to realise just what he had, and see just how much the children loved him. I think it would have benefited the movie to have taken it's time and worked longer on reaching the turning point. But overall these are great movies. and should be watched over and over. Looks great on blu ray. I highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SANTA CLAUSE trilogy in Blu ray...., January 14, 2013
I was hoping that they would have this trilogy in blu ray. I am so happy this finally came out and I was able to buy it for my kids before Christmas. They love this trilogy just as much as me. You can actually tell the difference between the blu ray and the dvd's. They did a terrific job. Sometimes with these older films they cannot do it justice no matter what, but they did a terrific job with this!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE these films on blu ray... I would recommend getting the whole set together, you definitely save a lot of money this way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Blu-ray! Christmas Classic!, December 15, 2014
Not a better set of Christmas movies! Sometimes old movies are just as good and cheaper on DVD but this is not the case here. Up-conversion was done very well! Christmas classics! Merry Christmas!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Christmas Classic, February 18, 2014
Cody L. Patterson (Johnson City, TN United States) - See all my reviews
The original "Santa Clause" is one of the greatest Christmas movies of all time. It's up there with "It's a Wonder Life", "Miracle on 34th Street", and "A Christmas Story". Now that it is on Blu-Ray makes it even better. I was so excited when I ordered this before last Christmas. My previous copy was an old DVD version and the quality was not very good.

"Santa Clause 2" is pretty good, but it's not as good as the first one. The adventure that Scott Calvin has to go through in order to get a wife is great. The problems that the North Pole has with the alternate Santa is not very good. The special effects and the set for the North Pole do not look like top tier quality coming from Disney. I think they could have left that part out. The Blu-Ray still looks good. The colors are very vivid and the picture is very clear.

I watched "Santa Clause 3" when it first came out and I won't watch it again. The case is still in the wrapper from this box set, and it will probably stay that way.

5.0 out of 5 stars All 3!!, May 5, 2014
This review is from: The Santa Clause: 3 Movie Collection (DVD)
'Cutting the Cord' for television is at times easy and hard. Harder when it comes to Christmas specials, but thank goodness I found the 3 movie set for the Santa Claus. It is my favorite Christmas series. The box is a great set and decorative for Christmas.

The Santa Clause: 3 Movie Collection
The Santa Clause: 3 Movie Collection by Michael Lembeck (DVD - 2008)
$39.99 $24.99