5.0 out of 5 stars Great content.
I was suprised at the size of this book. It's on the smaller size but very thick and inside I found so many great fashion photographs. It really made me want to dress up and travel the world! I especially loved the photos shot in Paris--so stylish! Overall, this is a great purchase and I am so glad to add it to my collection.
Published on December 28, 2009 by Tami Melendez

3.0 out of 5 stars People-Watching Without Going Outside...
Published on August 3, 2010 by porkchop

3.0 out of 5 stars People-Watching Without Going Outside..., August 3, 2010
porkchop (Richmond, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sartorialist (Paperback)
On-the-street fashions are the best. I picked this book up specifically because I was looking for a book of street fashions. I enjoyed this one. It has a lot of beautiful looks in it, but it doesn't have the FORCE of Fruits or Vice Dos and Don'ts: 10 Years of VICE Magazine's Street Fashion Critiques. Like I said, there's some inspiration in here, and some originality, but mostly it's photographs of thin rich people wearing expensive clothes.

I mean, it's nice to see rich people who aren't boring...

3.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful but recycled, August 15, 2009
Vivien Li (Westwood (Los Angeles), CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sartorialist (Paperback)
It's hard to justify buying this book. Although beautifully photographed with characteristically interesting subjects, these images have already been shown on The Sartorialist blog and Schuman's GQ page. I imagined more of a big, glossy volume and at least a little bit of new photography (instead of new photos, though, there is some caption-style writing). But as it turns out, the book's size is really fantastic, as is the use of thick matte paper. It's also very well priced, so generally speaking my disappointment comes from the expectation of new material.

Schuman is a talented photographer and may be the pioneer of street-style blogs, but he isn't as talented as some of his peers. For example, the French photographer Garance Dore is much more skilled in photography, which may be related to her artistic background as an illustrator. She has a more developed eye for representing beautiful things (rather than just recognizing them), so even though her subjects are more or less the same as Schuman's her photos are much more satisfying to look at.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great content., December 28, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Sartorialist is Picture Perfect, December 26, 2009
This review is from: The Sartorialist (Paperback)
Ok. Let me confess. I'm a huuuge fan of the blog. This book is a presentation of the best pictures culled from Scot Schuman's blog, The Sartorialist. It is a visual and stylish delight. Absolutely wonderful to flip through. The photographs are stunning studies of individual style and quite a colorful inspiration. See all those boots and carmel brown shoes in the photos? Now look around, and you'll see them everywhere in everytown. I think Scot S made a strong impact on fashion, by stylishly chronicling it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for a fashionista, December 10, 2009
This review is from: The Sartorialist (Paperback)
This book is a great adjunct to the author's famous website. I have dog-eared so many pages (many more than I have in recent editions of Vogue or Harpers Bazaar) that showcase terrific, real-life STYLE. This book would make a great stocking stuffer for your fashionista friends, or even a nice hostess gift for style-conscious holiday party givers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, July 6, 2013
This review is from: The Sartorialist (Paperback)
Bought the Sartorialist Closer first then purchased this book. Loved both. Look at both the books when I want to be inspired to be creative in my clothing choices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to put down, February 16, 2015
This review is from: The Sartorialist (Paperback)
This book is a personal selection of photographs taken by the author. They are virtually all of people on the streets of major cities: New York, Milan, Paris, Stockholm, London and others. In general this is a fashion book but it does not concentrate on what the big name fashion designers are telling us. Instead it shows what the people out on the street are really wearing. You will find lots of blue jeans, right nest to mini-skirts and three button suits. There is a little bit of text, somewhat like captions, but they are on only a few of the pictures. ==The pictures have been selected from those shown on the authors blog, but they are printed in a rather small format bound book that makes them easy to flip through. I didn't count how many pictures are included, but I would guess about five hundred. It might not sound interesting, but once you pick up the book and open it to a random page, you'll find it hard to put down without going to look at the picture on the next page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bold and Celebratory, February 1, 2010
This review is from: The Sartorialist (Paperback)
This is acclaimed fashion photographer Scott Schuman's joyous celebration of style!
This gorgeous coffee table delight is filled with a bounteous abundance of stimulating, fun snapshots taken not on runways but on the streets of some of the world's most stylish cities. Schuman dares to record the unique personal styles of citizens of all shapes and sizes. There are few words but this images satisfy a visual hunger and promote fashion as a vehicle for those with a unique personal statement to make and an eye for the beautiful and bold. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful fashion portfolio, December 6, 2009
2many2read (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sartorialist (Paperback)
I bought this for my fashionista daughter.

I looked through the book. I expected -- I dunno -- a written chronicle of current fashion. The book really is an album of candid fashion snaps from fashion capitals.

The eye of the photographer for the weird, the glam and the frankly fabulous is spot on.

This book will inspire you to think of fashion in a new way, as you see how people invent their way of dress every day. Very highly recommended. It proves a picture really is worth a thousand words.

5.0 out of 5 stars Street photography is the new trend, October 15, 2009
This review is from: The Sartorialist (Paperback)
Scott Schuman is one of the most influenced street-fashion photographers the last years. His book is his blog and that's it. All this people make feel the freshness of well-dressed and hyper aesthetic society with the knowledge of style in it's life. And I think so is a precursor for a better quality of everyday life, is an extension for better living and people with good manners and more confidence about their self's.

The Sartorialist
The Sartorialist by Scott Schuman (Paperback - August 12, 2009)
$30.00 $19.02