ACDelco Radiators & Heating Components Best Books of the Month Shop Men's Watches Cloud Drive Photos nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums belkin All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Introducing Handmade Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer wdftv wdftv wdftv  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Kids Halloween
Customer Discussions > The Savage Detectives: A Novel forum

The Savage Detectives Vs. 2666.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 13, 2010 7:37:00 PM PDT
Is there anyone else out there who thinks the Savage Detectives is better than 2666? I liked both, but Savage Detectives hit me much harder than 2666. People generally think the latter is his masterpiece, but it would probably rank third for me, after the Savage Detectives and By Night in Chile.

Posted on Sep 5, 2010 5:30:23 PM PDT
Mat Laporte says:
I agree. I prefer Savage Detectives to 2666.

Posted on Sep 24, 2010 8:10:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 24, 2010 8:11:09 AM PDT
denny says:
I am a Bolano addict. I enjoyed 2666 but have read it only once. I've read The Savage Detectives three times. I also think By Night in Chile and The Skating Rink are great novellas.

Posted on Oct 25, 2010 12:09:29 PM PDT
N. Delgado says:
I happen to be of the opinion that The Savage Detectives is one of the best books of the decade, whereas 2666 will go down as one of the best books of the century.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  May 13, 2010
Latest post:  Oct 25, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Savage Detectives: A Novel
The Savage Detectives: A Novel by Roberto Bolaño (Paperback - March 4, 2008)
3.6 out of 5 stars (170)