5.0 out of 5 stars Great Return Album
Published on October 28, 2011 by Dave J.

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good moments, but overproduced. I give it a 2.8 out of 5.
Gavin Rossdale should take note. Stop working with Bob Rock and making these bloated and overproduced albums. You need to
work with a producer who doesn't doctor everything to soulless perfection. This album would have been a lot better had it been recorded with Steve Albini. This album was produced to death.

There are some good songs (Mirror of the signs,...
Published 4 months ago by J. Espeche

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Return Album, October 28, 2011
This review is from: Sea of Memories (Audio CD)
I've been listening to this album since it's release and it's amazing. Upon first listen only a few songs will stick out as greats, but as you listen more you'll realize how great this album is, it's definitely a grower. This is coming from a person that isn't resistant to change. I love all of the previous Bush albums (except Deconstructed, rehash album) for what they are. It's hard for me to say which album in there catalog I like most because they are all so different, each album has it's own mood and feel. However, even though the albums are so different they still ooze Bush. Sea of Memories is no different. If you want a band that sounds exactly the same every single album go check out Nickelback.

Songs I can't get enough of (so far):

Heart of the Matter
Be Still My Love
Mirror of the Signs
All My Life

One thing that could have been better was the mix of the tracks. On songs like Afterlife and Be Still My Love the guitar could have been a little more prominent. You realize this mistake when you hear the songs live. Bush is incredible live, if they come to your town you'd be insane to miss them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ive been die hard Bush fan for many years, never imagined an album would be able to 'out do' 16 stone, but again Bush Shines!!!, December 19, 2011
Never thought Bush would reunite, so when i heard they were giving it a shot, i bought this album on pre order and haven't been disappointed yet. It hasn't left my CD player in my car and i listen all day at work on my i pod. Epic transformation from 16stone to the Sea of Memories, and I cant wait for more! If you want to hear Bush as they were years and years ago(ie 16stone style), this album is a big change, but change is good and this new album is amazing! Artists change, the vibe of their music changes just like we all change from day to day in our lives, appreciate it,you will love it. This album will make a bad day better and for those other die hard Bush fans, i know you will appreciate this new 'revamped' Bush, i certainly do! If you dont like it, your loss because the longer time goes on, the Better the lyrics become, more mature, more adult, easier to relate to(for everyone), still not 'sell out and mainstream', and never ever will i consider this band to sell out, its just not their style and i LOVE that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, September 25, 2011
This review is from: Sea of Memories (Audio CD)
I have been a Bush fan since I saw them on the Sixteen Stone tour in '96. I have always appreciated that they never make the same record twice. When "Razorblade Suitcase" came out there were cries from critics and fans that "this isn't Bush!", "Too many ballads." etc. When "The Science of things" came out it was a whole new set of complaints. By the time "Golden State" was released only the fans that were mature enough to grow with the band remained.

So, here's the deal: A "Bush" record is whatever the heck Bush wants it to be. They aren't going to record Sixteen Stone again and again, if you're looking for that you'll be disappointed every time. What makes this band so fantastic is that they grow, they evolve. You can't say, "well this doesn't sound like Bush", Bush's sound is ever changing. If it says "Bush" on the cover and Gavin Rossdale is at the helm...it's Bush. Period.

"Sea of memories" is no exception, it is it's own record. I am blown away by the depth of this album! At times it can be dark, brooding, balls out rock on tracks like "Heart of the matter" and "Sound of winter", it can be pop in the best sense of the word on tracks like "Baby come home" and "Red Lights", or just downright beautiful and melodic on "All night doctors" and "Be still my love".

I would recommend this record to anyone who loves great music... anyone who is looking for "Machine head" or "Glycerine" should probably just go throw on "Sixteen Stone" and cry about the absence of Nigel and Dave on the new record. Keep an open mind and enjoy! 10 years was too long!

4.0 out of 5 stars Bush Not Mush, February 17, 2012
This review is from: Sea of Memories (Audio CD)
Seeing many of the reviews for the album were quite mixed...I enjoyed it very much...I don't remember when Bush was metal.Everyone says they aren't heavy enough,etc..They had the lighter songs in the past and the heavier rockers,Bush style.It was a fun listen and enjoyed it from beginning to end...The Mirror of The Signs,The Sound of Winter,The Afterlife,All Night Doctors,Baby Come Home,Red Light,I Believe In You and The Heart of The Matter were the standouts for me...Pretty much the whole album.If you enjoyed Bush in the past and look at them open-mindedly,you should like this and get it now~~~~

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, December 16, 2011
Hunter "Cat" (Los Angeles, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sea of Memories (Audio CD)
I've been a Bush fan for a really long time. I've always loved their music. I even liked Gavin Rossdale's solo album. But I really love this CD. it's got the same great sound and the lyrics are great. It's perfect for me to listen to on long commutes when I need to just chill. Would totally recommend. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bush Sea of Memories, December 10, 2011
This review is from: Sea of Memories (Audio CD)
To be honest I didn't expect much from this album. The songs grow on you slowly until they become favorites. I'd recomend this album to Bush fans, and fans of the 90's grunge scene. It is destined to become a mainstay in any collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Bush, March 9, 2012
P. R. Lloyd (Austin, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sea Of Memories (MP3 Music)
This album is great. I've been enjoying it for months. As catchy, deep, and memorable as past releases. Don't stop now Bush.

4.0 out of 5 stars New Bush Fan!, December 20, 2011
A. E. Sowards (Huntington, WV United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sea of Memories (Audio CD)
Sadly, I missed Bush in the 90's (mostly thru listening to only girlie pop music). Bush is one of my husbands fave bands and when he bought this album, I would hear tracks here and there when he played them and really liked what I heard. Once we saw them in concert, I was hooked. This album is really good. All night doctors is an exceptional track, as well as the Afterlife.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this album!, June 1, 2012
This review is from: The Sea Of Memories (MP3 Music)
I couldn't wait to hear the new BUSH album when it came out. It had been 10 looong years since the last one. It lived up to my lofty expectation. Im so happy to see them back out touring and showing a younger generation of fans how to rock their faces off.

5.0 out of 5 stars BUSH Brings it !!, June 1, 2012
This review is from: The Sea Of Memories (MP3 Music)
I am a former Bush fan but have to admit that I wasn't to excited about the new album coming out since the line up for the band had changed. I did not follow Gavin in his solo career so was not aware of how awesome Chris and Corey were. When I heard about them headlining a show with another band I liked down in Grand Prairie TX I decided it was time to see how good this new quartet would be. All I could say is WOW - WOW - WOW and infinity WOW !!!!! I was very impressed with how the guys rocked the house and made me a total Bush fanatic all over again. I immediately went out the next day and bought the "Sea of Memories" and listen to it all the time !! So if you get a chance to catch them on this tour, don't hesitate and do it. Also buy the new album cause it is worth it !!!!! It is G that has made me a twitter fan as well. They all interact with their fans so give them all a follow. (Gavin) @GavinRossdale (Chris) @ChrisTraynor (Corey) @CoreyBritz (Robin) @RobinGoodridge and the official band twitter is @BushOfficial Signed: #BushArmyMember @rydeth9

Rate and Discover Movies