4.0 out of 5 stars All year baking
Chef John Barricelli gives some very interesting tips and background in his introduction and before each chapter. He has an ingredient and equipment checklist and how to choose, store and prepare different fruits, vegetables and herbs. There are lovely colour pictures; some recipes have photos of the finished product.

Recipes include; muffins, quick breads,...
Published on October 10, 2012 by wogan

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as great as I hoped....
Published 7 months ago by GG from AZ

4.0 out of 5 stars All year baking, October 10, 2012
This review is from: The Seasonal Baker: Easy Recipes from My Home Kitchen to Make Year-Round (Hardcover)

Recipes include; muffins, quick breads, buns, breakfast treats, fruit, cookies and bars, fruit pies and tarts, cupcakes and cakes, crisps, cobblers and fruit spoon desserts, frozen fruit desserts, tarts, quiches, pastas, focaccia and pizza on the grill. There is a good index and a list of sources
The recipes are not the simplest, but not terribly complicated either. The cobblers are the easiest to make and they turn out as delightful desserts. Our family enjoyed all of them and also the winter blueberry streusel pie and the baked ziti with summer vegetables - which although it calls for summer vegetables is a bit heavy for hot weather, but just right for a cooler day.

This is a good book to add to a cookbook collection, especially for those who desire some different baking and dessert recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars ~ SCRUMPTIOUS RECIPES ~, May 1, 2013
I like John Barricelli, he was a frequent Guest on the Martha Stewart Network Show for years and years and I always watched and enjoyed both of them Baking and Making all kinds of Great Desserts. I was happy to get his first Book with his Signature, "The Sono Baking Company Cookbook" with all kinds of Sweet and Savory Recipes for every Occasion, one of my Favorites "Yellow Sponge Cake" which is so easy and I make all the time and use it in so many Cake Recipes. When I discovered his second Book "The Seasonal Baker" I did not think twice, I just had to ordered it

The Seasonal Baker is the same Size and has the same amount of Pages as the First Book, 287 Pages and as many Recipes:

1 Muffins, Quick Breads, Buns and other Breakfast Treats
6 Crisps, Cobblers and other fruit Spoon Desserts
7 Frozen Fruit Desserts
8 Tarts, Quiches, Pastas and More
9 Focaccia and Pizza on the Grill

Other Contents, Ingredient Checklist, Equipment Checklist and Shopping Guide to Fruits and Vegetables.

I was hoping for more Layer Cake Recipes, the Book only has a hand full of them, the Citrus Angel Food Cake and the Lemon Daisy Cakes are two of my favorites, I like the idea of making Cheesecakes in Glass Jars for an interesting Presentation, whether is practical or not John Barricelli shows you how. The Banana Pudding Icebox Cake is another Good one, very easy to make, individual little Desserts in Pyrex Cups that are very Creamy and Luscious. There are many Cookie Recipes, I made Sour Cherry-Chocolate Chunk Cookies but I substituted the Sour Cherries for Cranberries and they came out so Good

The only Problem I find with this Book, for my Taste, is that they are too many Tarts and Tartlets Recipes, too many Crisps, Cobblers and other Fruity Spoon Desserts Recipes and also too many Savory Fruit Pizza Recipes and Focaccias, with and without Figs or other Fruits or Herbs. Did I mention Just Fruit Poached and Otherwise, yes, there are many of those as well and even Compote, Melon Soup and Gazpacho among many others,...a lot of Fruit Recipes.

However, it is a Great looking Book with all kinds of Recipes that covers just about everything even a Pasta Dish, Baked Ziti with Vegetables, Baked Quesadillas with Corn, Chicken and Jalapenos, and even several Ice Cream and Gelato Recipes. The Seasonal Baker Book, is Full of Beautiful Color Pictures in just about every Page showing you how the final Recipe should look like, ...and I like that. The Book arrived Super-Fast and without any Problems, I am glad I have it! ...Thank You D.D.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as great as I hoped...., March 16, 2014
I watched the chef/baker John Barricelli on the food network as they visited great bakeries and I had hoped to see some recipes from the wonderful looking pastries in his shop. Nothing that was featured on the show was in the book. I felt like most of the recipes were kind of the same old desserts I have seen over the years. Nice pictures and family back round. But for someone who has lots of cook books related to desserts, nothing special.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Seasonal Baker, February 22, 2014
Just another great cookbook to add to my collection. There are many recipes I can't wait to try. Love the idea of seasonal baking. It will be my go to book when the farm markets have lots of fresh fruits.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Seansonal Baker, October 23, 2013
i love this book his recipies are so easy to follow and make. Everyone i have made has turned out great would highly recommend this cookbook for anyone who loves to bake and cook

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum Yum Yum!!!, November 3, 2012
This book is another gift from John Baricelli. His first cookbook Sono Bakery is fabulous and this is just as good. Try the lemon cookies. They are delicious and easy. Both of these books are so well written that a novice can follow the directions to a wonderful outcome. So much thought in these books. I can't say enough as I love to bake and these are two of my very favorite books in a big collection. You just cannot go wrong with either book.

4.0 out of 5 stars easy, July 31, 2014
Delicious, easy recipes

5.0 out of 5 stars Like, September 27, 2012
I told myself I wasn't going to buy another cook book but I am glad I didn't listen to myself! This is a great book and worth the price! Buy it - you'll b glad u did !

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, September 7, 2012
I like this book but I'm not enthusiastic about it.
He uses corn syrup in some recipes and in all the gelatos and sorbets so I won't try them, in the daisy cake he uses 16 eggs and 5 yolks (15 yolks, 10 whites and 6 eggs) and I thinks they're "a bit" too much for me, I've tried the Italian wedding cake, which is not Italian but it's delicious, and Eleonore's plum cake which is a keeper, I'll try the baked ziti too, even if with a different type of pasta.

The Seasonal Baker: Easy Recipes from My Home Kitchen to Make Year-Round
The Seasonal Baker: Easy Recipes from My Home Kitchen to Make Year-Round by John Barricelli (Hardcover - August 21, 2012)
$35.00 $25.84