4.0 out of 5 stars Good ideas for staying centered
Published 6 months ago by leah

1.0 out of 5 stars Seat of the Soul
Didn't like the book,was not able to force myself to finish.enjoyed super soul Sunday interview with Gary Zukav liked his
talk but book a very hard read and pretty far out there
Published 4 months ago by FRANCIS G. WILSON

4.0 out of 5 stars Good ideas for staying centered, March 15, 2014
Thank you Gary. I am enjoying your book very much. This book is a practical guide for people who are serious about traversing the path of awakening to Spirit and need tips and ideas about ways to feel centered in your Soul's best perspective on all things. It's tricky business, and the author is very helpful in distilling down complex issues into simple terms. The reason for only 4 stars is that I'm getting a bit of ego in there. These are some of the best ways to stay on the path, but not the be all end all. We are all individuals and may find our own best ways to do the same thing, which are all valid. But reading this has helped me. There are quite a few great books out there that are finally and happily ending the choke hold that mainstream religion has had on our thoughts about the path to Spirit. Mainstream religion, as we know it, has only been a barrier due to it's exclusivity. Thank you Gary for your contribution toward advancing us.

5.0 out of 5 stars great explanation of soul, November 22, 2012
This is a good guide if you are already on the spiritual path. It explains what soul is in a way I'd not read before, and says some very helpful things about how to work through negative emotions. I would have been turned off by this book a couple of years ago, because I was about 80% skeptical about spirituality - but if one already has some commitment, it is a terrific resource. It bears more than one reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very thought provoking, July 18, 2013
Was interested in this from hearing about this on Oprah. I think was Super Soul Sunday. Gave me some insight to spiritual psychology. Very good ideas in this book. He does talk about energy, the universe, openness, etc. Trust was another one. I think this book is about healing your soul if that makes sense to you. Well worth your time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Freeing, April 15, 2013
I so enjoyed this book. I can't say I agreed with everything he said but at the same time how would I know. It really gave me inspiration to go forth on the spiritual journey I've been tip toeing around for the past twenty years. I can do this. Love is in my heart..I just need to consciously let it shine. Thanks Gary.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a book that I would recommend everyone read, July 6, 2014
This is an incredible book, but you must be open to it. I find that I need to read a paragraph or chapter more than once and then put it down and let what I've read sink in. There is much wisdom here. It's a book that I would recommend everyone read. If you are not ready for it, it will come back to you when you are.

4.0 out of 5 stars TSOTS, May 17, 2014
This review is from: The Seat of the Soul: 25th Anniversary Edition with a Study Guide (Paperback)
Before reading ordering the book, I took some time to read some of the comments on it. One in particular grabbed me as the reader felt this was a waste of time.
I have to say the comment caused me to make the purchase as I wanted to know why that particular reader felt that way. It no longer causes me curiosity to find out as clearly this book should cause the reader to give thought to what is being said. My comment is not a comparison.
The Seat of the Soul is to be read to cause thought, for the reader to give a moment to what is being read and then see if it makes sense in your life, world, thought, in mind. I trust that when one has had particular experiences on a spiritual basis, this reading may give "sensible" information to the possibilities of why. If one hasn't had any type of spiritual experience, the reading may cause such or open the reader to experiences.
Anyone can write a book as well as have readers to read it. To read with an open mind is another thing. I have on many matters given my past poor decisions to a new situation which demanded I be open only to find that I once again allowed my yesterday to demean my present. Not a good place to be and not good results as well.
TSOTS is a read which I urge the curious to take your time at. Open it up here on the Amazon site. Yes, what they share with you is to pull you in. But if it creates an honest urge to see more, make the purchase. Read it see what is being said, if it paints a picture for you. Read the intro and if you don't get a full picture, read it again. This is not the type of book to just pick up and read it and then be done. This is a thought and life altering text. I'm still in the beginnings of it, but I will not move past a given point until I have seen the words in my mind via situations I've experienced or understand the examples.
Knowledge is power for sure and if you don't like what you read online, you certainly don't have to make the purchase. If you like it even a bit, it may cause you to make time for yourself in a way you find interesting and likeable. We all are certainly worth the time to look and see if we can be better with ourselves thus having us be willing to be better with those around us....I hope to return to give a full review once I finish the reading....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, June 8, 2014
This is the kind of book that requires three hours of thinking for each hour of reading. Buy it in the print version so you can mark it up, dogear the pages, and make it your own. I love the analogies to the scientific world, which the author seems to grasp well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended by Maya Angelou, June 13, 2014
I haven't yet had a chance to start this book as I got a new job the same day it arrived. It was recommended by Maya Angelou, and the day it arrived was the same day she passed away. I hope this is as good as that wonderful woman of our time had said it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most important books I've ever read. ..., July 28, 2014
One of the most important books I've ever read. Note that it comes from a karma/reincarnation perspective. So if that's not your bag, you might be put off by the book.

But this is an inspired work. A life changer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Seat of the Soul, May 13, 2014