Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Maxwell Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on May 16, 2012
First off, I am not into witchcraft but this show is AWESOME.

Interesting plot, love-able characters, twisting plot turns, it has it all.

However, I am incredibly disappointed in the CW for cancelling this show after 1 season.

They need to realize that they picked the WORST time-slot of this show, right after The Vampire Diaries!

I know about 10 friends (including myself) who can NOT watch The Secret Circle live because we all watch The Vampire Diaries, and at the end of a TVD episode we are all so mind-blown that we cannot focus on The Secret Circle.

I really hope CW realizes what a massive fan-base there is for this show and can hopefully schedule it at a right time.
on June 1, 2012
I just still can't believe it was cancelled! The first and only season from TSC was amazing since the beginning until the end. Drama, relationships, scary moments and great actors. At the beginning of the show I was concerned because a lot of people thought they were trying to make it another "Vampire Diaries" show but with witches but that's not the truth. The Secret Circle shows darker situations and more realism when it comes to the plots. Every episode is enjoyable, the twists are refreshing and sometimes shocking and the performances are great.

I just don't understand yet, why The CW keeps making new promising shows if they are going to cancel them anyway and keep the old ones, it happened before and I'm still angry with this decission. It was the third most-watched show from The CW and still got cancelled? I would love the show to be back in another network and I'm still hoping that it will.
Or at least Warner Bros. Home Video, we want the DVD release of the complete series! It's getting released on Australia so why not on the U.S.?
33 comments|27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 24, 2012
This show is pure brilliance in every aspect. My only hope is that it will continue for years to come because it certainly has that potential, even greater than Charmed. By comparison, the first episode sucked me in with The Secret Circle, into a wholly feasible world where magic is real and is not a gift, but a curse; the first episode of Charmed was not nearly as exciting--and this being said by a die-hard Charmed fan. Anyone who loves The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, Teen Wolf, Once Upon a Time, The Twilight Saga, and other similar genre titles will LOVE this series. It is pure talent in and of itself. Root for a second season!!!!! Don't let the economy cheat us out of this gem!
on November 29, 2014
The moment I first saw this show on Netflix I loved it. I was disappointed to learn after watching the entire first season that the show had been cancelled especially after watching the season finale cliff-hanger. So I figured there would be at least a DVD or Blu-Ray release of the show coming soon, but still nothing after 3 years. Then I figured I could at least purchase it off of Amazon Instant Video, but no instead this message is displayed for every episode "Our agreements with the content provider don’t allow purchases of (any episode title) at this time. Then why even have it listed if we can't watch it or purchase it?
on November 14, 2011
At first, I wasn't expecting much from this show. The first two episodes were okay, but I got hooked after the third, when it starts picking up. It had a lot of elements I already love- mystery, romance, and of course a supernatural aspect! I also love Phoebe Tonkin (who plays Faye), and even though I'm a girl I have developed a total crush on Shelley Hennig(Diana)as well as most of the guys on the show. They're just all so dang SEXY! I want to know what will happen to these characters, and more importantly WHAT HAPPENED TO THEIR PARENTS. The plot will thicken, I'm sure. What I'm most looking forward to is the improvement of the acting and plot lines in the next season. It's not a perfect show, but if enough people watch it, it will be headed in the right direction.
on February 9, 2012
Great show. Great stories. Great characters. Red hot women. Faye is God. What else you need?
Seriously, this is dramatic, fast-moving TV that actually makes its sister show Vampire Diaries seem dull, something I did not think possible. The lead characters are all well written with intricately disparate personalities and motives. And that's important, because this is a very much a character-driven show. The CW has struck gold again!
I'm a fan of supernatural-themed dramas and my curiosity was piqued when I read about this new show titled "The Secret Circle", which centers around a fledgling 16-year-old witch named Cassie Blake (Britt Robertson). At the beginning of episode one, viewers watch Cassie's mom get murdered, and this sets off a chain of events - Cassie moves in with her grandmother Jane (Ashley Crow) as her father too is long dead; the town Cassie moves to is New Salem, a tightly-knit community; and before long, Cassie finds out that she is descended from a long line of witches, not just practitioners of a craft, but people possessed of extraordinary powers.

As the story moves along, Cassie discovers that her coming to New Salem might have been the work of an outside force but she does not really know why. She does find out that there are other teens in New Salem that are like her, descendants of witches, and who are eager to make her acquaintance and get her to join them as part of a coven, so that they can bind their circle of witches and fully come into their powers. The theory is that practicing in isolation renders them vulnerable to their enemies (later on in the story, viewers learn of the witchhunters, a group dedicated to killing witches), and that by binding themselves into a circle, they are able to protect themselves and also come into their powers.

The various characters that make up this circle make it impossible for this group of young teen witches to function effectively - there's the uber-bitch Faye Chamberlain (Phoebe Tonkin) who thinks the world revolves around her; her best friend Melissa (Jessica Parker Kennedy) who is quite promiscuous but has her sights on another boy in the circle; serious and intense Adam Conant (Thomas Dekker) who has to take on a lot of responsibilities given that his father is an alcoholic; and Diana (Shelley Dennig) who is Adam's serious girlfriend. It is Diana (who is the nicest of the circle) who convinces Cassie to join the circle and bind their powers.

Of course there are complications - Cassie and the others later learn that some of their parents died as a result of practicing witchcraft, and that they still face danger from their enemies. Not all of them possess a Book of Shadows, and only Diana and Cassie have found theirs. Later it becomes apparent that Cassie's Book of Shadows may hold much more powerful knowledge about the practice of witchcraft and that her bloodline may hold the source to some very potent, dark magic.

Along the way, romantic complications inevitably ensue - Adam and Cassie are attracted to each other; Faye is jealous of Cassie's popularity and when Faye's old flame returns to New Salem and focuses on Cassie, sparks really fly. The episodes have enough suspense and character development in them to keep viewers engaged, especially for fans of witchcraft-themed stories. The actors were a bit stiff and awkward at the beginning and the adult actors are especially annoying (Natasha Henstridge as one of the wicked adult witches is not very credible) but as the series progressed, I think they have become more comfortable in their roles, and Britt Robertson as Cassie is especially good. I look forward to Season 2 of The Secret Circle.
on August 5, 2012
Like all fans of this show, I'm VERY disappointed that it was canceled after one season. I don't watch much TV, and when I stumbled upon The Secret Circle, I didn't expect to like it. But I was hooked after the first moment.. that's a rare thing, and they kept it up through the whole season. The finale was really intense! I am in shock that they let it end like that. There is so much garbage on TV that goes on and on and on.... and a great show like this gets taken away from us. I wish another network would pick it up. I hope the DVD comes out soon, at least.
on January 4, 2012
First of all, I am not a teen. I'm a 65 year old grandmother. :-) I have waited so long for another witchcraft show. I haven't been so excited about a TV show since Charmed. Secret Circle is like Charmed having arrived in the 21st century. This program has everything; very intriguing plot that has already branched out in several directions, beautiful young people trying to get through their teen lives, love angles, and not loving the ones you hate but not wanting anything to happen to them. I think all the actors are excellent and love all the fresh new faces. Please don't stop making this show! Actually, it's the current "buzz" around the water cooler. Everyone is waiting to see what will happen next. This show certainly isn't at all predictable.
on October 3, 2013
It has been off the CW rerunning over and over again for years now,I loved the show then and I love it now,cancelled or not,it has been picked up by ABC FAMILY,Pretty Little Liars and The Secret Circle are suppose to air this fall together. They need to release this season for the loyal still following no matter fans! GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT! :-)