1,992 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!
Published on May 9, 2012 by j.smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, but too short
This game was fun. You try to figure out what little objects around the house you can move and pick up objects like keys that are used to unlock new clues and tools.
Published on July 29, 2011 by Papi Bear

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, May 9, 2012
This review is from: The Secret of Grisly Manor (App)
I was worried about this game playing on my Kindle Fire but it played beautifully. I see a lot of complaints about it being too short and it is a bit quickly played only if you're familiar with this type of game. Besides the game is only 49¢. I just wish it was longer because it was so fun. I did need online help with some of it. For players new to this type of game, ignore nothing and tap on every inch of the screen because if you don't you will feel like a complete idiot when you get help and realize the answers are staring you in the face. I know I did.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very fun, could be longer., March 23, 2011
This review is from: The Secret of Grisly Manor (App)
Really great game, very fun. Graphics are amazing, fun story line. Would love to see a sequel or possibly a prequel? The only reason I didn't give five stars is that its a little short. Great job guys.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, but too short, July 29, 2011
This review is from: The Secret of Grisly Manor (App)
Sadly it took less than an hour to get though it and finish the game. It may take longer if you are not experienced with this type of game. I got it free so it was a great value, but not sure I would recommend buying it if you want somthing that will last for a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Game. Well worth it., October 8, 2011
This review is from: The Secret of Grisly Manor (App)
This game was perfect for me. It is just the right length for those of us who just don't have hours to spend at games. There are a lot of us in that situation. I wish there were more games like that. The graphics were great.

On a side note. I am a software developer and know how many hundreds of hours can go into making an app and trying to make a living at it. Therefore I am quite bewildered by those reviewers that somehow can afford an Android phone but think that 1.99 is too much.

Thanks Fire Maple!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very good, January 23, 2013
This review is from: The Secret of Grisly Manor (App)
Let me start off with I only paid .99 cents for this app and it played very well on my kindle fire hd and that is why it got 2 stars. The game itself is very short which I would have been fine with for a dollar but add that to the fact that there was no hint button and no instructions to any of the games and the clues where very obscure and where not at all clear which puzzle they went to, and then the ending was just weird. Anyway I don't recommend this game at all.

3.0 out of 5 stars please help, May 7, 2012
This review is from: The Secret of Grisly Manor (App)
Just like another reviewer, I am also stuck with a pack of matches, a goldfish bowl and a combination! would someone please help..

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this puzzle game!, November 22, 2011
This review is from: The Secret of Grisly Manor (App)
Discovering clues and unlocking secrets is so much fun as you work your way through the old mansion in this app. The graphics and sound effects were incredible on the Kindle Fire. I would love to see more games like this one! I highly recommend it to anyone who loves to solve puzzles.

4.0 out of 5 stars Frustratingly fun, May 21, 2011
This review is from: The Secret of Grisly Manor (App)
I couldn't put this one down until I finished it (which, unfortunately, was only in a few hours). This game is seriously fun and gives a great feeling of satisfaction when you finally beat it. Can't wait for another release!

3.0 out of 5 stars Awfully short with compatibility woes (Fixed), May 3, 2011
This review is from: The Secret of Grisly Manor (App)
If you like point-and-click adventure games, this may be your cup of tea. The visuals are quite good as well. However the game is not terribly challenging and it can be completed over lunch. There just isn't much content here. The most puzzling thing about this game is why the 16MB app doesn't support moving to SD.

Speaking of support, I encountered much trouble getting this game to run. I originally purchased this game for my Tegra 2 powered Viewsonic gTablet (Froyo, 1.2-4349 stock for those interested), but could not get it to run. The app would simply force close on launch, even after a full reboot and a reinstall. The same thing happened with an ASUS TF-101 (Honeycomb), another Tegra 2 device. It did install and run without a hitch on a Dell Streak (Froyo) which incidentally uses a Qualcomm QSD 8250. After reading reports of issues on the Atrix, also Tegra 2, I am inclined to believe that Nvidia's SoC is not supported. If your Android device uses Tegra 2, I would advise caution before purchasing this app until an update is released that explicitly addresses this issue.

UPDATE 11/17/2011: An update released over the summer has fixed the noted compatibility issues. Score adjusted from 2 stars to 3. Low replay value and short gameplay dictate the score.

Compatibility: Works on Dell Streak. Force closes at start on gTablet and TF-101
Tested Devices (Device - OS version - Chipset):
Nexus One - 2.1, 2.2, and 2.3.3 - Qualcomm SnapDragon 8250
Dell Streak 5 - 1.6 and 2.2 - Qualcomm SnapDragon 8250
Viewsonic gTablet - 2.2 with stock 1.2-4349 and 2.2 with Enhancement Pack - Nvidia Tegra 2
Asus TF-101 - 3.0.1 and 3.2.1 - Nvidia Tegra 2
Samsung Galaxy S II - 2.3.4 - Exynos 4210
Amazon Kindle Fire - Custom 2.3 - OMAP 4430

3.0 out of 5 stars Grisly Manor, December 19, 2012
This review is from: The Secret of Grisly Manor (App)
It will be fun when I figure out how to get what I need to progress. Needs hints. Nice graphics.

The Secret of Grisly Manor