Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

Format: DVD|Change

on October 30, 2007
For a B movie this one is very enjoyable. It is a car chase movie with a sci fi plot about a young girl that is a Sender. She has the power to move ships through interestelar space. Like Frank Herbert's Dune navigators but more pretty. So, the big bad government guys want her and the aliens protect her. I give the movie three stars for the entertainment value and five stars for the lovely Shelly Lether who plays the alien girl. She is out of this world.
on June 25, 2015
A passable extraterrestrial/UFO film that reminds me somewhat of Maria Orsitsch and the Vrilerinnen, as well as the idea that many millennia ago women steered the great star ships. However, these glimpses are buried in an endless amount of car chases, fights, shooting, and battles. The film is clearly a B movie, but I still found it entertaining.
on January 22, 2011
There is a reason that Michael Madsen, an otherwise excellent actor, wears sunglasses in so many scenes of this movie -- he doesn't want anyone to recognize him in this God-awful cliche'-driven, corny, pathetic-acting waste of celluloid. Aaaargh, how awful! I watched it to the end just to see how bad it could possibly be.

The only redemption to the film is the Angel. She is stunning, but unfortunately she was given the most cornball lines that it came across as such camp. The storyline had potential, but the acting was just abysmal by Madsen. And it's not that he's a bad actor, but why does he accept such crap roles!?! He looks bored in every scene, as if he's praying for the scenes to be over so that he can go back to his trailer and drink thoughts and memories of this movie out of his head.

The bad guys were so cliche' that it was painful to watch. They are all in black, and even though they are trained soldiers, during the countless shoot-out scenes (which go on and on forever), they couldn't aim their weapons to save their lives. Quite ironic how the Angel who is appalled by the violence of men on Earth is such an amazing marksman.

The car chases, I have to admit, are well choreographed, but after about the 4th chase scene, it's enough already. It's boning. (And it's quite ironic that Madsen and Miss Hottie Alien can steal a Porsche but there are no Police out there to intervene in these car chases and possibly apprehend those who are driving a stolen vehicle.)

The little girl is actually one of the better actors. Dyan Cannon and Robert Vaughn are simply NOT believable as husband and wife. What, they've been married for 30 years, but when she betrays him (as an employee of "The Company" still), he doesn't even have any emotion about it. C'mon! Did the Director actually mandate, "Okay, crew, you need to act as poorly as possible in these scenes."!?!

Trash, camp, garbage, and a waste of my time. I want my hour and change of my life back! When I die and I have to review my life, I pray that this episode of my life, the viewing of "The Sender", is forgiven.
on March 8, 2012
I don't know why people rate these movies as stupid I mean they are but in my opinion this movie had a lot of good car wrecks and action in it that is what I love in a Movie.as for the story line who cares and R Lee Ermey is a mean ass guy to and Hilarious in my opinion.
on June 27, 2002
I enjoy watching this movie. I woke up at 4AM to tape this movie on Cinemax years ago. I just wish for a reasonably-priced VHS for sale or, even better, a Region 1 DVD release...
This movie may be a little cheesy at times, but I really enjoyed it. The special effects are great and (i believe that) the story is closer to fact, especially concerning the "sender" gene...
I'd recommend you buy this (if you can even find it)!
on August 22, 2014
I loved this movie. For those sci-fi fans who likes light to moderate action, this one would be for you. Cosmos is so big and we really don't know what is out there.
on February 1, 2012
Video Quality is Fine.
Thoroughly enjoyed movie.
70 out of 100 for a Madsen movie plot and action.
Well worth 8 dollars
on April 15, 2015
Different, acting was good, yet its one of those movies that the best part comes at the very end.
on October 30, 2009
A star studded cast with beautiful sexy women wasn't enough to save this movie. With so many stuntmen out of work and Hollywood going broke its no wonder that aliens will do the jobs that earthmen don't want to do. If you saw E.T., Taken, Race to witch mountain and other recent alien/UFU movies you will find the same theme as this movie. Is that plagiarism? The movie begins with the famous incident in which planes from an aircraft carrier disappear in the Bermuda triangle. It's a repeat of sci-fi UFO movies with the addition of 2 dozen car crashes and a beautiful Latino alien with healing powers who is trying to cure a cute little girl of cancer who only wants daddy and go back home. The movie follows the same plot as the sci-fi Taken -- with men in black and the pursuit of the father and his kid by the army did not keep me on the edge of my seat. Our alien not only abhorred the violence of earth men but also is adept at killing mankind with an army pistol. I would spoil the ending if I could but fell asleep after I fed my cat and swept my kitchen floor. Our little girl of course is a jump in the evolution of mankind due to aliens from outer space and has powers being sought by the military. Save you money and rent the movie Taken.
on October 25, 2014
Dumb movie, poor graphics. Not a good role for Madsen....he was much better in Kill Bill & Species.