5.0 out of 5 stars For Yogis and Yoginis and the rest of us!
Published on June 22, 2004 by Lissa Coffey, Host of coffeyta...

2.0 out of 5 stars In a word, "Eh."
I was really looking forward to this book, but found it a re-hash of his other bestsellers, with a little basics on the foundations of yoga thrown in. A disappointment. If one had little or no knowledge of yoga, the role of mediation and the structure of asana practice, I would have come to the end of the book, confused but able to breathe with more mindfulness: then...
Published 20 months ago by barbara pickl

5.0 out of 5 stars For Yogis and Yoginis and the rest of us!, June 22, 2004
I enjoy yoga, and have been practicing since before it was popular! So far, pretty much all of the books I have read on the subject have been the "same old, same old." But this book is different. The Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga is really special. It has helped me take my yoga practice to another level, where I can experience much more of the spiritual aspect of yoga. The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success has always been my favorite book in the whole world - so to have these laws applied to yoga is simply the ultimate! This book is definitely a winner - it belongs on every mat in every yoga studio, and on every bedside table for all of us "at home" practitioners.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book of Many Insights, January 19, 2007
I chose this book because I was looking for help in returning to my practice of yoga. Deepak Chopra books always provided words of guidance. He did not fail in this attempt. He begins the book with insightful questions to help you find the real "you" and then progresses to explain the different types of yoga practices. But the real value in the book is the section discussing the Seven Spirtual Laws. For me, that alone was worth buying the book.

After many years of practicing yoga I now understand the importance of not forcing the body to obey moves but it is in allowing the inner Self to assist in all of the movements. There is a wonderful section on yoga positions with excellent photos and descriptions of how to attain the pose. Chopra also discusses meditation, how to practice it and methods for success.

This is a book I keep in my workout area and read each day before I begin my sessions. It is not only physically helpful, it is a spiritual inspiration.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful!, June 25, 2004
If you love yoga then you'll love this book! There's so much more to yoga than the physical postures that we have come to know. Yoga is a beautiful study, one that can really help deepen any spiritual practice. This book explains so much. I really enjoyed it, and will read it over and over again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Change of Life Book, November 6, 2006
This review is from: The Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga: A Practical Guide to Healing Body, Mind, and Spirit (Paperback)
Dr. Chopra's book is a very uplifting yet calming way to study the spirituality side of yoga. While the poses are not difficult, the incorporation of the 7 laws gives a whole new meaning to the asanas.

This book has taught me the importance of meditation in my yoga practice.

I think it's a great book for newcomers as well as experienced yogis.

Namaste!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, September 9, 2006
This book is a indispensible daily guide that helps readers implement the spiritual benefits of yoga--both on and off the mat. Chopra and Simon's simple yet descriptive language allows for complete comprehension of the philosophy, meditation, bandhas and practices of yoga. I especially like the Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga (which fall under Philosophy) and refer to and implement them on a daily basis. As a new student of yoga, this book has greatly helped my approach to and understanding of my daily practices.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Brand New World!, May 19, 2012
Filip (Diepenbeek, Belgium) - See all my reviews
I recently started to increase my awareness of health. I had a lot of overweight and knew the yoyo-effect all to well. Then I stumbled upon a website and a book of Jon Gabriel (The Gabriel Method). I will spare you off the food side of this story but this method makes you also familiar with visualisations and meditating. After a while, I wanted to get some exercise and in the method I heard about yoga.

I knew yoga but never practised it. Thought it was for the alternative and the softies. Not that I'm such a macho, but yoga... I didn't think it was something for me!

Through the method I became interested in yoga and bought a book... this one.

A whole new world came into view. Peace of mind, looking for the truth within, awareness, mindfulness...

The book is nice for as well beginners as experienced yogi's. It's good it highlights the meditating part also, not only the physical side.

5.0 out of 5 stars thoughtful, January 26, 2010
The book is thought provoking and easy to read. I have tried reading books by other yogis, but they were hard to follow. This one is easier for me to read because it uses layman's terms.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga, October 29, 2010
This is a wonderfully concise book that goes beyond hatha, the yoga of postures, to explain the rest of yoga - spirtual practice, breathing, lifestyle, meditation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, July 16, 2009
I bought The Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga because I was asked to teach a yoga and writing class and I needed/wanted more information to support the writing segment of the class. In reading the book and then applying the principles of yoga to my own everyday life, not only deepened my yoga practice, but actually deepened my everyday exepriences and the way I choose to be in the world. Hopefully, my students will have the same experience. Awesome book. Easy to follow asanas, pictures, and a solid foundation for not only 'newbies' but seasoned yogies as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga, April 29, 2012
This book is my all time favorite book on yoga, and one of Deepak's best. I had to order another one because when I loaned this book out last time, I never received it back. Guess it turned out to be one of their favorites too. I had to order another one because I couldn't be without it. This is a great "go to" book. Deepak Chopra explains in simple words the true meaning of yoga. So many of the books I have bought in the past about yoga do not resonate with me at all. Deepak's books, especially this one, resonates to your soul. It touches you. It is easy reading. You can pick it up and almost finish it in one sitting. You won't want to put it down.

$14.95 $11.70
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.