Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

I enjoy yoga, and have been practicing since before it was popular! So far, pretty much all of the books I have read on the subject have been the "same old, same old." But this book is different. The Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga is really special. It has helped me take my yoga practice to another level, where I can experience much more of the spiritual aspect of yoga. The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success has always been my favorite book in the whole world - so to have these laws applied to yoga is simply the ultimate! This book is definitely a winner - it belongs on every mat in every yoga studio, and on every bedside table for all of us "at home" practitioners.
11 comment|72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2007
I chose this book because I was looking for help in returning to my practice of yoga. Deepak Chopra books always provided words of guidance. He did not fail in this attempt. He begins the book with insightful questions to help you find the real "you" and then progresses to explain the different types of yoga practices. But the real value in the book is the section discussing the Seven Spirtual Laws. For me, that alone was worth buying the book.

After many years of practicing yoga I now understand the importance of not forcing the body to obey moves but it is in allowing the inner Self to assist in all of the movements. There is a wonderful section on yoga positions with excellent photos and descriptions of how to attain the pose. Chopra also discusses meditation, how to practice it and methods for success.

This is a book I keep in my workout area and read each day before I begin my sessions. It is not only physically helpful, it is a spiritual inspiration.
If you love yoga then you'll love this book! There's so much more to yoga than the physical postures that we have come to know. Yoga is a beautiful study, one that can really help deepen any spiritual practice. This book explains so much. I really enjoyed it, and will read it over and over again!
on November 6, 2006
Dr. Chopra's book is a very uplifting yet calming way to study the spirituality side of yoga. While the poses are not difficult, the incorporation of the 7 laws gives a whole new meaning to the asanas.

This book has taught me the importance of meditation in my yoga practice.

I think it's a great book for newcomers as well as experienced yogis.

Namaste!
on September 9, 2006
This book is a indispensible daily guide that helps readers implement the spiritual benefits of yoga--both on and off the mat. Chopra and Simon's simple yet descriptive language allows for complete comprehension of the philosophy, meditation, bandhas and practices of yoga. I especially like the Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga (which fall under Philosophy) and refer to and implement them on a daily basis. As a new student of yoga, this book has greatly helped my approach to and understanding of my daily practices.
on January 26, 2010
The book is thought provoking and easy to read. I have tried reading books by other yogis, but they were hard to follow. This one is easier for me to read because it uses layman's terms.
on October 29, 2010
This is a wonderfully concise book that goes beyond hatha, the yoga of postures, to explain the rest of yoga - spirtual practice, breathing, lifestyle, meditation.
on April 29, 2012
This book is my all time favorite book on yoga, and one of Deepak's best. I had to order another one because when I loaned this book out last time, I never received it back. Guess it turned out to be one of their favorites too. I had to order another one because I couldn't be without it. This is a great "go to" book. Deepak Chopra explains in simple words the true meaning of yoga. So many of the books I have bought in the past about yoga do not resonate with me at all. Deepak's books, especially this one, resonates to your soul. It touches you. It is easy reading. You can pick it up and almost finish it in one sitting. You won't want to put it down.
on October 9, 2012
It often feels like Deepak Chopra is overworking his franchise and I was a bit sceptical about how much more I could learn from this book after having read some of his other material but yoga and yoga philosophy is really at the heart of what Chopra teaches. I find myself returning to each of the "laws" regularly for inspiration or if I want to find something to focus on in my yoga practice.

An excellent buy.
on May 1, 2015
I have been practicing yoga almost a year and I was introduced to Yoga by reading the seven spiritual law and this book is a perfect companion and open my eyes on how I should practice yoga and make it a part of my daily life.