5.0 out of 5 stars Danny Lyon's very best book
I own two of Lyon's other books and they're also wonderful, but this is Lyon's best book ever. It's filled with a huge collection of superb photos that practically jump right off the pages. What a masterful and powerful photographer!
Published 4 months ago by A voracious reader

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very convinced
Published 4 months ago by Marco Paoluzzo

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very convinced, May 18, 2014
This review is from: The Seventh Dog (Hardcover)
First of all, I am not a specialist of Danny Lyon's work. In this book, I am a little bit lost. It is a kind of retrospective, beginning in 2013 and back to the sixties. No doubt about the engagement of the photographer. But the book has a lousy printing (4 colors, printed in China) and a strange lay-out. In fact, the most interesting part of the book are the texts. I have other Lyon's books. Memories of Myslef is definitely a better choice if you want an overview on the photographer's work. And of yourse if you can afford it, The destruction of lower Manhattan is the book to have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Danny Lyon's very best book, April 22, 2014
A voracious reader (New York, NY, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Seventh Dog (Hardcover)

The Seventh Dog
The Seventh Dog by Elisabeth Sussman (Hardcover - April 14, 2014)
$125.00 $78.65