5.0 out of 5 stars A Big Help, September 8, 2000
Sarah Beren (Overland Park, KS USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Shabbat Book: A Weekly Guide For The Whole Family (Hardcover)
Thank you to Ms. Klein for taking the sometimes difficult, sometimes dry, and sometimes "mature" nature of the weekly Torah portions and making them accessible to kids. I use it with my own young children, who love the "claymation" art, and also with my Religious School third graders in my Torah lesson. If only there were accompanying worksheets or art projects! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for making Shabbat a family time, February 16, 2004
A good friend of mine uses this book at the Shabbat table with his preschool and elementary school aged children. It has each parashah and special notes for some holidays. The pictures are photographs cute of clay figures, so they capture the children's attention better than illustrations might. In addition the stories are short enough -- about a paragraph or two -- so that childrewn aren't squirming.
It's a great way to "shinantam l'vanecha"

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, August 23, 2009
Great book - use in our Religious School - it is now out of print so I was very happy to find a used copy!

The Shabbat Book: A Weekly Guide For The Whole Family
The Shabbat Book: A Weekly Guide For The Whole Family by Joyce Klein (Hardcover - September 1, 1997)
$20.00 $16.97