- File Size: 669 KB
- Print Length: 227 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Enlightenment Books (January 4, 2014)
- Publication Date: January 4, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00GD4CD4I
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #354,901 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
The Sharecropper Prodigy: A Southern Historical Thriller Kindle Edition
"A Criminal Magic" by Lee Kelly
THE NIGHT CIRCUS meets THE PEAKY BLINDERS in Lee Kelly's new magical realism, crossover novel and casts a spell of magic, high stakes and intrigue against the backdrop of a very different Roaring Twenties. Learn more
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
I love writing what I know, which is southern, historical thrillers filled with plenty of action, drama and adventure. I also have another alter ego which compels me to write modern, dark thrillers. I try to write dialogue as accurately as possible, using the vernacular and colloquialisms of the place and time, without making it difficult to read for non-southerners.
Top Customer Reviews
Glen Alan Burke, Author of "Jesse"
On a tech note I read this on a Nexus 7 and noticed a few font changes, not within a word, but just a few changes in size and italicization. Not sure if it is my device or the "publisher's" issue. It did NOT distract from an interesting story!
Not to worry loggers, paper makers, printers and bookbinders, I will still collect books, but if a book or story is only available digitally, I won't hesitate.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I'm not really much of a reader, but I this kept me very interested. Very well worth the read. Great story line.Published 19 days ago by Amazon Customer
I very much liked this fast-paced, intriguing story of a genius' rise from a sharecropper shack to become a brilliant physicist at age 18. Is this based on a true story??? Read morePublished 26 days ago by Susan Robin
It was enjoyable, but there were so many typographical and grammatical errors. They made me nuts! I enjoyed the characters, though. Read morePublished 2 months ago by L. Burlison
A very good story. A great insight into how the black people we suppressed and with determination, a brilliant black boy proved there is good and bad in all of us.Published 4 months ago by Jan Achey
I absolutely loved this book. It contained everything. Friendship, loyalty, love, small minded bigotry, death, intellect, people getting their comeuppance. So beautiful written. Read morePublished 4 months ago by WhenJamieSmiles
This book was indeed spellbinding. Couldn't put it down. Ending was both happy and sad. Ben truly lived a lifetime in his seventeen years.Published 5 months ago by mabel p
This was a great read even though some of the details were gruesome. I love historical fiction.Published 6 months ago by Marilyn
It was a easy read. I enjoyed it very much. I hated to see it come th o a end.Published 6 months ago by The Reader
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Historical
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Historical
- Books > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction > African
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction > United States
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult