Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Sharper Image® 4-In-1 Salad Spinner Mandoline Slicer
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on June 5, 2012
This is a very cool piece of kitchen gear. Neat, compact and efficient as a spinner, and it stores in a tight space. I love the extras. It's nice to be have a mandoline style slicer drop shredded cheese or slice cucumber directly into the bowl. Multiple blades cleverly slide in, and store on the slicer top.

On the negative side, the product description says all the pieces store in the bowl. As much as I'd LOVE that to happen, there's no documentation on how that's accomplished, and the pieces wind up apart and on a shelf. I just can't make it work, and I LOVE puzzles! Oh, and don't even think about putting it in your dishwasher! The hot water alone will warp the bowl even if you don't use a heating element to dry your dishes. And a warped bowl means no spinning!
on July 12, 2012
People who design products for a living or even endorse a product with their name should be made to actually use the product for at least 3 months before putting it on the market. So many items that I purchase look nice or seem to be a good idea until I actually use them and discover they just don't quite work as promised. This item is one of them. For one, they don't stack together as the picture infers. Secondly, that part that "holds" the items to be grated doesn't. In fact parts of it get grated when used. Thirdly, the spinner handle design - where you push it down to make it spin sucks. When you push down it hits the lid so every time you push it it makes this loud noise! Then, it only spins as fast as the one crank makes it spin. You can not make it spin any faster. My leaves are always still all wet when I am done. Lastly, if you want to use the bowl for the salad you have to wipe it out as that is where all the water collects. The lid for the bowl works fine and I like how the 2 extra grater pieces fit in the grater base but what to do with it all for storage is another problem. No wonder Sharper Image went belly up. I think I will go back to Hammacher Schlemmer where they actually test the items before recommending and selling the item to you and if you still don't like it you can return it no problem at any time even after it has been used. Too bad they don't have free shipping!
44 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 27, 2012
Good quality construction. Very user friendly. The salad spinner works with a lot of lettuce leaves in it, unlike cheaper versions that won't spin if you have more than 4 leaves. The slicer is a little tricky to get the hang of at first, but once you get used to it, it's a piece of cake. The attachments are great and the salad dressing container is a nice bonus. If you are going to get a salad spinner, spend a little extra and get this one, you will be glad you didn't waste your money on a cheaper one that doesn't work.
on June 5, 2014
I'm amazed at all of the bad reviews. I love this product. Versatile.. My salad greens spin dry nicely. Nice to have the section that holds the grater parts so that they don't get lost. Had to get online to figure out what that smaller piece was. It's the mandolin piece to hold your food while you use the mandolin. Wish I had figured this out before cuz I did slice my finger one day. Well, hopefully, no more when I start to use the safety piece. Very nice product. Looks good in my kitchen and on my table.
on March 28, 2014
I recently signed up for Amazon Prime the beginning of last year. I love the two day shipping however I am beginning to see a lot of items on Amazon are inflated in price. You can get this at Ross for $19.99. More than double the price here. Bought it for my girlfriend and she loves it. Just check your options first and shop around. Don't pay more than double the price if you can get it elsewhere.
on July 31, 2012
I love items that accomplish multi-tasks. Negative reviews have been about the press & spin handle. Know that you can get the spin it yourself style. I can't believe how much they sell it here. Costco is like half the price, but it's seasonal item so by the time you read this, they might not carry it anymore.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on November 9, 2015
Was excited with my new salad spinner but often with products to do more than one thing like the mandolin this did not live up. When you spin the salad for some reason it doesn't actually do a very good job of getting everything dry. In addition the fancy mechanism on top just creates multiple layers of plastic ware water gets in. It's almost impossible to get all the water out and when I opened it it was all moldy. There's no reason for such a fancy mechanism locks breaks. I spent 20 minutes trying to put the rubber on the bottom of the plastic tub. I'm going back to IKEA to get another 5.99 and will keep using my old mandolin. I was so excited but this is just junk.
on March 23, 2015
I have had a mandolin cutter for years, used very little, have a big old spinner also a bowl with a cover i can grate into... . This combines the three and works well. Should have more cautions in directions about using a mandolin which is quite dangerous. You REALLY DO need to use the holder device or you WILL CUT yourself. I am a bit worried if the spinner will last, but works great now.
on January 15, 2013
My parents have one of these and the first time I used it I was hooked. I have not used all of the tools, but so far I have not been disappointed with any of the options. Also, my parents' has held up nicely over time and use so i am looking forward to having mine for years to come.
on December 13, 2012
I bought this around the summer time because it looked nice, was multi purpose and the price was right. We mainly use it as a salad spinner, maybe about 2-3 times a week. Well it's has been a disappointment! First of all, the basket doesn't spin enough to really get the lettuce dry enough. I end up having to really push down on the handle many, many times, then open the unit, shake the inner basket a bit, close it and spin again. After about five months, the push down lever clicks and sticks badly so half the time it doesn't work properly.

Overall I would not recommend it as a salad spinner alone. Since I have not used any of the attachments, I cannot speak on that. I will be replacing mine with another brand.