5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT item, but DON'T PAY THIS PRICE
This is a fantastic little keychain photo album, clear pictures and easy to load and use, but DON'T PAY $50 FOR IT FOR GOODNESS SAKE!! It's only $29.99 if ordered from the Sharper Image website, and I found it on sale for $9.99 at Macy's before Christmas. Seriously. I bought six from Macy's and gave them as Christmas presents, everyone was thrilled.

So to...
Published on February 3, 2010 by RaynDance

2.0 out of 5 stars A novel idea; hope my exchanged one works
Published on October 30, 2008 by N. Nick

2.0 out of 5 stars A novel idea; hope my exchanged one works, October 30, 2008
N. Nick "redgarnet54" (Tampa Bay area, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sharper Image Digital Photo Keychain (Sports)
I just bought this today. The first one I bought was defective, so exchanged it for another one. It was on sale for $19.99 at Beall's (retail price is overpriced at $49.99!!). It came with a standard sized CDROM disk (other comment refers to a mini disk), so I had no problem downloading the software. However, it does take forever to recharge (a minimum of 7 hours before the first use when using the USB on computer), so I am still recharging. I have no clue where to find the optional AC adapter (charging time with that claims to be only 3 hours), but it probably costs as much as the unit itself. Otherwise, everything else went smoothly...downloading from the disk and getting pictures ready to transfer to the unit. One thing...I have Windows Vista, and searching for my pictures from their pop-up window is not the same as what the video shows from the website. You will have to search on your own to see where your pictures are located on your computer. I was even relayed this information from their customer service during my "help me" phone call to them. I won't be able to upgrade my rating until my unit is fully charged. If the unit works as described, the $19.99 is a decent price for both personal use and gifts. I bought it so I wouldn't have to tote my digital camera or brag book around. The automatic resizing of pictures is a bit deceiving. It has a specific border that your pictures can fit in. It will not automatically fit your pictures into the frame, any subjects outside of the frame will be cut off. Make sure you resize your pictures with other computer software before attempting to download onto the digital keychain.
UPDATE: This one works, so I would give it 3 stars and no more. The casing feels cheap as it is plastic. However, I do like the key ring on this model much better than the chain and hook type on competitors. Picture quality is okay. Just remember, if you give this as a gift, make sure the recipient has a computer. Otherwise, the unit is useless. Hope this helps.

1.0 out of 5 stars Keychain viewer is not worth a dime even as a keychain., December 25, 2009
I was able to successfully download the software and post some pics to this device but it won't take a charge. Perhaps you could break off the viewer and just use it as a key ring. I wasted my money buying this product. I wish I could have given it no stars.

2.0 out of 5 stars Slot Drive CD users beware, October 16, 2008
This review is from: The Sharper Image Digital Photo Keychain (Sports)
fine product- but slot drive CD users beware. The cd that the application comes on is a mini-disc and will not load properly into your slot-drive CD-ROM. Find the application at [...]

Wish I had been told ahead of time.

Otherwise it's a fine product. A little bulky, but good for the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Horrible Horrible !, November 19, 2010
Bought at JcPenny's on sale for $13.00. I thought it was going to be great with it being a Sharper Image brand and the picture on the box makes it look really nice and great. I downloaded the pictures with no problem. When I went to look at the pictures on the screen I thought something was wrong. They were horrible ! ! ! Pictures are not clear ! Very blurry ! I expect to see what's on the box with the photo being very clear ! This is false advertisment ! I will be returning this and doing research on another brand to buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars PIECE OF GARBAGE, January 12, 2010
Worked for a few hours, then the unit stays in "updating" mode and nothing happens !!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't Turn On ... Like Most Others, December 16, 2012
I can plug it into the computer and upload photos. However, it will never turn on in normal mode. Not sure if the internal battery is just shot and doesn't power, but it shows full charge when plugged into computer. Tried several other wall USB chargers. Unit always shows "Updating ..." when plugged into anything (PC or wall charger) and shows full battery charge. When unplugged, will never power on. No response.

Total junk. Got it at a gift exchange, so no way for me to return it. Will just toss it in the trash.

1.0 out of 5 stars PIECE OFJUNK!, November 10, 2008
This review is from: The Sharper Image Digital Photo Keychain (Sports)
This product worked fine initially--that is until the battery died. I tried to recharge it and now it will not work at all. When connected to the pc it comes on, but when I diconnect it from the USB the screen goes black and it will not work. So I got to use this product for about a month and now it is in the garbage! Save your money on this one and try another brand!

1.0 out of 5 stars DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY, December 25, 2012
terrible never worked.. got the updating screen one time! And there was no cd or instructions in my box and after searching on the internet the company's website has bad instructions that don't help at all! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, December 22, 2008
This review is from: The Sharper Image Digital Photo Keychain (Sports)
This is a total waste of money even at $19.99. I was successful in loading a bunch of photos to the device, but the screen is extremely dim on ALL photos and the unit itself feels cheap and like thin plastic. Furthermore, the PDF instructions located on the site at [...] indicate there is a menu option to set the backlight settings from 1-8 with 8 being brightest. However, that menu option is TOTALLY missing from the options on the device itself. You can barely see the photos, even the brightest ones. The fact that it says Sharper Image is misleading -- the quality of this think is terrible. For the reviewers who say "what do you expect for under $20", I say I expect to be able to view the photos like the box shows, that's what I expect. Every image on the web and the box shows a bright, clear photo. The images on the device, however, are universally almost too dim to see at all. I wish I hadn't bought this item. Lousy, lousy quality. Oh yeah, and I called customer service and the person I spoke with said she had no idea about this unit or its capabilities, and told me tech support would call me back after she took my name and phone number. Have not received a call from them... and I do not expect to. Do *not* waste your money on this! Very, very disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT item, but DON'T PAY THIS PRICE, February 3, 2010

So to recap: Great Product, 5 stars. HORRID price here, don't pay it. It pays to look around a little bit, and it's not difficult in this day and age. Every major store has a website, and if you're reading this, you have access to a computer.

The Sharper Image Digital Photo Keychain, Black