5.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfect!
Published on December 31, 2009 by ingizmo

1.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly poor.
I'm replacing a trimmer I had for years until it was dropped by accident. This new trimmer is not near the power or quality of the original SI trimmer I bought years ago. I'll keep looking and use this as a travel trimmer out of necessity. Don't waste your money. If you can find a trimmer powered by two C-cell batteries... you may be in the ballpark of the original.
Published on June 22, 2010 by Egg

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfect!, December 31, 2009
This review is from: The Sharper Image GR-T200 Deluxe Nose and Ear Hair Trimmer with Vacuum Blue Chrome (Health and Beauty)
Having been saddened when The Sharper Image closed it's stores, I never thought I would get to replace my old Sharper Image Turbo Groomer (2.0 I think), it was $65 around 2003. I bought this and I have been happy. I tried about 3 different $20 and under ones from wal-mart. This works the best. It is small enough for travel, but it is also fairly large and you can feel the quality when you hold and use it. Heck, even the perfect Sharper Image packaging I revealed when opening the Amazon Box had me happy about the quality before I even used it. If you want quality, then I definitely recommend this. I have not tried any of the nose hair trimmers that cost more than this apart from the old $65 Sharper Image Turbo Groomer I had, which this works just as good as. The travel kit it comes with is nice too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly poor., June 22, 2010
Egg "jettpitt" (Marietta, GA USA) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not cut nose hair!, June 10, 2010
I was looking for the ultimate nose hair trimmer (not that I have a forest in my nose, but I hate using scissors). In any case, I thought the Sharper Image would have such a device, given the fact that they proclaim it to be the best on earth. Well, they are wrong. I tried it, and it cut absolutely no nose hairs. So, if you want something to vibrate your nose, it works great. But if you are looking for grooming, look elsewhere!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Quality, February 3, 2010
One of the trimmer heads does not fit properly - can't lock it into place. Overall cutting quality is mediocre. Nowhere near the quality of the trimmer I purchased from the original Sharper Image.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the original!, January 6, 2010
I owned the original (which broke, my fault), and has been looking for other stores that might have been carrying the liquidated stock, but could find none. I was psyched to see it for sale again...
My excitement was short lived as I got the unit home and was unimpressed with the results. The motor sounded strong (like the original) but the blades didn't seem to cut. I think that the small changes they made in the sizing of the slots for the hair it just doesn't seem to work. It was returned.

I wonder if another company bought up the name Sharper Image without keeping the quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars It doesnt trim hairs!, September 1, 2011
This product is horrible, nothing like their original trimmer. I feel like I wasted my money. It doesn't even trim my nose or ear hairs.

4.0 out of 5 stars gets all the hair, January 30, 2010
works great. doesn't leave the nose feeling itchy or vibrated. the only thing is, it doesn't get the hair down to the skin. it leaves a slight bit of it behind. this is probably good, so you don't get an ingrown hair in a very sensitive and hard to get to spot. the scissors and tweezers are good too.

1.0 out of 5 stars No Good, April 11, 2012
Doesn't even trim my nose or ear hair. Not worth it. I've had others in the past that worked better. I'm going to try the Panasonic.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lives up to the billing, January 13, 2012
The trimmer is easy to use, not too loud, and swapping the trimming heads is a cinch. About my only grips is that the nail clippers that come with the grooming set are about useless and dull.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome inexpensive trimmer, March 27, 2011
this trimmer is very lightweight and able to carry it wherever i go. not only does it come in a neat case, it has little scissors, clipper and more.

Rate and Discover Movies