Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on September 26, 2013
I got mine as a Christmas gift. It worked fine for 7 months - maybe 30-40 openings all together. But 2 months ago the charging light stopped working. Then it started laboring to pull up the cork. Now there is a cork it won't eject. Unlike a printer with a paper jam, there is no way to open it and manually remove the cork.

I also find that people who haven't used a powered opener are very hesitant to use one. I always had to leave a trusty manual opener out -- and that's what I will go back to now!
on December 31, 2013
Best corkscrew we ever had and so easy to use. A friend, who is a gourmet cook, gave it to my husband, also a gourmet cook. Have to say it might be on its last leg right now, but then we have had it five years and used it 4-5 times a week. Just bought a back-up, and we have given them as gifts. Recommend it.
on November 6, 2012
Does not stay charged, has a really hard time getting cork out almost quits and sometimes does. Would not ever buy again
on January 8, 2014
One family member had this and we used it during family gatherings. Now there are 4 more among family members because the wine opener works so well. Great experience with seller, no problems encountered.
on January 12, 2015
The first wine opener I sent was a gift to my sister & her family for Christmas. They love it and state its a cinch to operate...and so much fun. They liked it so much, they suggested I purchase a second one for their son who was being married just before Christmas and I needed a gift suggestion. . I haven't heard back with their review but hope they enjoy it as much as the folks do.
on December 6, 2013
I bought this Used on Amazon. I already have one, and wanted one for my daughter. But the one I received did not work. I only turned in one direction and not the extract mode! I'm not going to blast the product because this seller should have tested it. (one star ding) It arrived in a box with labels that indicated it had been sent to some appliance repair. The product is a 5Star for me--the one I have had for over a year. I really like it. You do have to be careful and start it in a firm vertical position. I wish it capped the bottle top better but I've had very good luck with mine. And, if it goes crooked, you stop, back it out, and go again. Seller refunded me.
on June 14, 2013
I received this as a gift this Christmas. It did open a few bottles of wine with alacrity. But on about the 12th use, the cork became stuck on the corkscrew inside the unit. All attempts to use the cork ejector failed and there is no way to get at the cork to get it out manually. Total fail. I wrote to Sharper Image and they do not stand behind their products. Even though the device carries only the Sharper Image logo, they told me it was the "manufacturer's" fault and I needed to contact them. They did not tell me who this mysterious manufacturer was.
on June 29, 2013
Bought this one for a friend who loved the one I have. The foil cutter located in the base works well. It is fun to just push the button and the screw goes down into the cork and then push the other button and it pulls out even the tough to dislodge corks. And then it sits quietly on the counter for the next time. A charge lasts a long, long time.
on January 15, 2013
Have had two Rabbit's One broke, the other just quits after a few bottles and needs a recharge. So far the Sharper Image Opener has kept a charge, easily pulls out wine corks and best of all, there is a light that shows what's going on through the clear bottom of the opener. You can see where you've started the opener and if all is going well. Best of all.....wife loves using it (she hated the Rabbit)
on July 2, 2013
In the words of Napoleon Dynamite, "This thing's a piece of crap, it doesn't work!" No matter how much of a charge you keep on this it stops once the plunger goes down into the cork and won't bring it up- the motor just dies. NEVER buy this- it's a total waste. You're better off using a hand-powered corkscrew. It's actually surprising that a company like the sharper image would market such a piece of junk... I'd have given it no stars, but you had to, so it got one.