5.0 out of 5 stars The other reviewer apparently don't get IT!
Published on September 17, 2006 by Patrick King

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Disk 1 contains 4 shorts: Glad Rags to Riches, War Babies, Pie Covered Wagon, & Dora's Dunking Doughnuts. Sound and picture quality is poor.

Disk 2 contains 4 shorts: Polly Tix in Washington, Kid in Hollywood, Kid in Africa, & Managed Money. Sound and picture quality is poor.

Disk 3 contains 3 shorts: Pardon My Pups, Merrily Yours, & What's To Do...
Published on August 5, 2004 by B. Failor

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, August 5, 2004
This review is from: The Shirley Temple Collection (DVD)

Disk 3 contains 3 shorts: Pardon My Pups, Merrily Yours, & What's To Do?. Sound and picture quality is poor but better than the first 2 disks.

Disk 4 contains the movie "The Little Princess". It is a colorized version. The sound quality is very poor. There is a lot of echo in it. In addition, the logo "The Shirley Temple Collection" is lightly superimposed at the bottom the screen throughout the entire movie.

Disk 5 is the best one of the set. It contains "Shirley Temple Rarities" and "Kid Stuff: Inside Hollywood's Child Stars". Rarities is a bio of Shirley that includes home movies and movie trailers. Kid Stuff is a bio of numerous child stars.

I general I would not recommend this collection unless you really a big fan of her short features or would like to see the two documentaries on disk 5.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not even a whole star, February 19, 2005
Ela (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Shirley Temple Collection (DVD)
This DVD was more than disappointing. It's a rip off. It's bad quality short films. The best thing about it is the picture on the cover. It's pretty much small children in oversized diapers acting too much like adults. It's difficult to understand the dialogue, and when you do - you just think about how horrible it was that people ever found this amusing. I love Shirley Temple movies, but this is no collection I ever want to own, or pass off on to any unsuspecting fan. The film quality is poor - and at least one of the DVD links took me to the film before rather than the film it was titled to take me to. Whoever came up with this collection was more interested in making money than producing a quality product. I will never buy another 'Passport Productions Video.'

5.0 out of 5 stars The other reviewer apparently don't get IT!, September 17, 2006
This review is from: The Shirley Temple Collection (DVD)
The genius of Shirley Temple is often overlooked. She gets lost in the fact that she's a child in all of her most famous films. The fact that as a dancer she worked with the best dancers of her era because, as young as three-years-old, she was their equal, gets lost in the legend. If you study any book on American Jazz Dance you'll find reference to, in most, chapters devoted to, the work of Shirley Temple. She was not only an inspiration, she was a unique and powerful talent. These films represent her earliest work; the becoming of the original child super star. While they may not be of high quality; while their subject matter may seem perculiar by modern standards, taken in the perspective of their own time and as small vehicles that hearalded a brilliant career, they are essential to the collections of serious students of pop culture, dance history, and 20th Century entertainment. If you're looking to be entertained with a story about Heidi, or Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm, or Captain January, you'd do best to get those films. But if you're a student of the development of American icons, missing these little old movies would be losing a lot of pixels from the "Big Picture."

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with this movie set, as I expected several of S Temple movies., March 16, 2014
This review is from: The Shirley Temple Collection (DVD)
There is really only one movie worth watching in the entire set. The other very old movies are really hard to watch as they are not very clear.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Shirley Temple Collection, October 22, 2013
This review is from: The Shirley Temple Collection (DVD)
I ordered this collection for a friend of mine. He wanted it to add to his Shirley Temple Collection. He said the movies were what he was wanting. The movies in it were what he hoped they would be. (sometimes I order things for other people that don't have a computer). I gave it four stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars The Shirley Temple Collection, September 9, 2012
This review is from: The Shirley Temple Collection (DVD)
Disapointed in this collection as there was only one movie and the other four disks were early short features.
It must be why the sellers of these collections give as little info as possible, my granddaughter I were truly sad when it wasn't the 5 movies we had been led to believe was coming. This has left me very uneasy doing business this way, buyer beware.
R.J. Allen

1.0 out of 5 stars All I have to say is,,,ARE YOU KIDDING ME?, November 13, 2005
This review is from: The Shirley Temple Collection (DVD)
My mom received this set for her birthday and when she and I sat down to watch it we were half amused and half appauled. I don't mean to overexaggerate the situation, but the subject matter, if you read the summaries on the back of the box, seem to be a little racy and questionable. Shirley Temple as a burlesque performer? A prostitute. Ummm... yeah.

5.0 out of 5 stars one great pollyanna, January 27, 2007
This review is from: The Shirley Temple Collection (DVD)
My co-worker loves Shirley Temple and requested a Shirley Temple movie for our office pollyanna. I have never ordered anything on line. I had looked everywhere for a Shirley Temple movie I went to all of the top Video stores and nothing. One day I was one line and typed in Shirley Temple and wow what a selection, that was one of the best days of my life. My co-worker who is now my friend loved the gift so much... I am going to order more movies for her JUST BECAUSE. Thank you for making my search easier.......Miriam

The Shirley Temple Collection
The Shirley Temple Collection by Shirley Temple (DVD - 2004)
Used & New from: $6.78