5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, A Retirement Savings Book We Can All Understand, October 25, 2008
This review is from: The Shortest Investment Book Ever: Wall Street Secrets For Making Every Dollar Count (Paperback)
This was the book I needed to start thinking more seriously about saving for my retirement and understanding some of the basics. As someone decades from retirement, it's been so easy for me to focus on the "now"--paying a mortgage, saving for a new car, trying to keep my expenses in check--and continuing to push retirement savings from a priority.

Before I was even done with the book, I requested information about my company's 403(b), which I had put off for two years--all the while losing out on this "free money." I learned good rules of thumb for investing, such as how to choose the right funds , how to allocate my investments at this point in my life, and what I can expect as an average return over time. And, I have a new confidence that I, too, can navigate through this often complicated and intimidating topic.

Jim O'Donnell also reminded me that, even though my retirement is decades away, how I save now will dramatically affect what kind of life I'll have then and how I'll be able to spend my time. I highly recommend this book to anyone that knows they need to be a more responsible "saver" and just needs an understandable and trustworthy resource to help them do that.

5.0 out of 5 stars A INVESTMENT AUTHOR YOU CAN "BANK" ON, November 21, 2008
Harold Wolf "Doc" (Wells, IN United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
James O'Donnell is a man that you NEED to listen to in these days of fluctuating investment opportunity. He is an associate professor and executive-in-residence in a Midwest university. His background includes being a senior executive at an eastern investment/banking firm. He has also contributed to "Wall Street Journal" and "Fortune".

This author knows investments, and although there is no one who can provide exact information, this book will provide valuable information for the novice or experienced investor. Such a timely publication.

I have met the author and he is "as honest as the day is long."
Bottom line: Get this book before you begin investing for retirement, or before you make changes in your retirement plan. The price is much cheaper than an investment mistake.

Also check out this author's books: "Walking with Arthur" and "Letters for Lizzie."

Used & New from: $0.01