Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on July 22, 2013
I like this story! Monte is a formidable young gal whose bound and determined to save herself. Just because she's a 16-year-old kid, don't count her out!
The story is carefully thought out along with being nicely worded. Jeannie Rae did an excellent job in making me feel Monte's anxiety and fear!
on January 14, 2013
I didn't have high expectations for this book but was pleasantly surprised. Monte is a sixteen year old girl who wakes up one morning to the walking dead scratching at her door. With nowhere to go she makes it out of the infected city into the hands of her protectors ....maybe... This is a fast read but an exciting one. If you like zombies, go ahead and get this one. There is a nice little twist at the end to keep you wanting just a little bit more.
on August 28, 2013
This short story kind of tells the story of the beginning of an outbreak of zombie virus, from the view point of a lower middle class 16 year old girl. While I have never been one of those, I raised 2 of them, and thought she was not self centered enough for a 16 year-old girl, but then mine were never chased by a bunch of zombies that wanted to eat them alive.

I found it to be a very interesting story with pretty good character development. I may read some more of Ms Rae's books.
on September 6, 2015
The Sickness: Monte's Story by Jeannie Rae was an okay rendition of Z-Day. The star of this story is a 16 yr. old girl who, pretty much, got on my nerves. There are times when you need to stay quiet, and there are times when you need to speak up. It was quite obvious that Monte never learned that. It may be just me who felt this way after reading this book, but it is one of the reasons why my rating is so low. However, it was the story's ending that really upset me. You will just have to read this short story to find out what I mean.
on March 10, 2013
This was an excellent story! Besides the great story line the writing was excellent! Just right! I think short stories are more difficult for the author in some ways such as getting a lot of information across with less words. Rae has done so expertly! I felt like I knew the characters well enough to be invested in their survival and what was happening to them. I had a very good sense of the town and the people in it, even the atmosphere was a palpable presence, Good story. Good writing.
on June 3, 2014
This story was awesome and totally realistic, however, i would have liked a little more at the end. What happens after the change, i didn't need a whole chapter just a few insightful lines.

A must read!!!
on October 18, 2013
BOOK was great and a fast read, if you love all things Zombie (whether it be movies or books), getting ready to red the Rise of the Plague, 2nd book from this collection and I think it'll be worth the money, $2.99
on May 30, 2013
Very good short story. I am now a fan of this author and would like to read more of her work! If you like zombie stories, you should give this story a chance. It's well worth the download and your time! And I would also like to thank the author for sharing this with us for free!
on February 7, 2016
Ya, same old same old. Nothing unique; just another zombie story. Rated better than one star since I was interested enough to finish reading it; than again I may have just been bored enough to waste the time.
on December 11, 2014
What is with all the commas and all the dashes? I would suggest a proof reader but that hasn't helped the work of other zombie book writers at all. The story is a little different than most others of the genre. The safety glass in modern cars does not leave sharp shards that cut flesh when it is broken. The writer needs to find an educated person to help her write.