Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Format: Hardcover|Change

on December 29, 2009
My kids just got this book for xmas. They are 13 and 10. Last night they made rigatoni with meatballs and the fruit ice cream. They were able to read the recipes easily and understand the directions. Basically they made both things by themselves and they turned out great! Dinner was a success!! They seemed to really like the cookbook and want to make something else out of it.
on January 8, 2010
I have quite a few cookbooks for kids including several of the Paula Dean and Williams-Sonoma books. I also own the original "Silver Spoon" cookbook for adults. Saw this kids verson on Amazon and decided to order it for my 10 year old who loves trying new recipes. I was very impressed with the size and quality of the book. Nice thick cover, larger size, beautiful colors. The directions are well-written and understandable for children and include illustrated drawings as well as a photo of the finished dish. A great kids companion to the "grown-up" version. My daughter loves it. Such a great book for the price and would make a wonderful gift for a child. I will be purchasing another soon for my niece!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 17, 2010
This is a fantastic cookbook for those of us that have children who are interested in cooking; it definitely does not write `down' to them. The recipes are ones children would be interested in eating and proud to make. The book is large and shows illustrations for each step and even better, a photograph of the finished recipe so that they will know what the finished creation should look like.
The book is large 11"x 10" so it is easy to read and lays well on a counter or a cookbook stand.

It contains lunches and snacks, pasta and pizza, main course and desserts and baking. There are sections showing cooking techniques and safety tips. There is no index, but that does not really seem to be a problem.
The recipes are good, what child wouldn't be proud to make risotto, or even know how to make fresh pasta. The age level is listed at 9-10 and depending on expertise would even be a book for those that are older and just learning how to cook. Just really a grand idea and resulting cookbook for young future chefs.
on November 14, 2013
I got this for my 9 year old grandson for Christmas. He has been taking cooking lessons in a local restaurant by the kind Chef who owns the restaurant. He just loves the classes and has learned how to use a knife and has tried some of the restaurant's favorite recipes. This book has some very good instructions for the safe use of cooking tools and is not babyish at all. So if you know a child who is serious about cooking this is a great beginning cookbook. The recipe for the minestrone soup looks delicious and I plan to try it myself. He has always helped in the kitchen and now he can make some of his own choices.
on June 7, 2012
This book is the perfect cook book for a young aspiring chef. My son just learned to read and he hasn't put it down yet. We can't wait to start making all of the recipes together.

Great item.
on January 13, 2016
After hours and hours of searching for the perfect childrens cookbook, we found The Silver Spoon. If ou are looking for something for your serious child chef this is both simple enough that a 7 year old can cook it but interesting enough that mom and dad want to help too. I couldn't bear the thought of making food animals and smiley faces for every meal. This is real cooking, teaching young children the basics as well as refining their pallet. Our daughter enjoys choosing a recipe, making a list of ingredients, shopping for them, and then putting it all together. We are very glad we found this cookbook!
review image review image review image review image review image
on January 5, 2010
Initially, I thought this book was a selection of Silver Spoon recipes that small children will like, but when I received it, I realized that it's actually designed and written for older children to cook for themselves....still a great idea, just not what I thought I was getting. I kept it and like the recipes and will give it to my children when they are older.

Good luck and good cooking!!!
on February 15, 2013
My Italian-American husband Guido used the Silver Spoon for Children to make Risotto for dinner with his grandchildren. Using the maps, the drawings, and the recipe, the cooking event became a history lesson and developed into many stories about the family, vacations, and future trips planned. This is a very special book - I wish all cook books could be as revealing and loving of the country of origin as this. And the special note, Guido's son gave us the Silver Spoon for Christmas when it first became available in the US. I prefer the child's edition - it is perfect.
on March 6, 2013
I bought this for two young girls who really love to cook. The pictures are great and the instructions are very easy to follow. This is not only for kids, however. For challenged cooks everywhere, it will help build your confidence in the kitchen.
on August 19, 2011
I purchased this book to save for when my son gets older and (I hope) interested in cooking with me. It is definately geared to older children - I would say 10 to 12 age range as the dishes are of more "grown up" tastes. The illustrations are cute and helpful and the recipes clearly written.