4.0 out of 5 stars Not the Greatest Season, But Some Good Episodes
After 15 Seasons, most of us fans have been getting worn down. Have you ever stopped to consider what issues the Simpsons Have Not hit yet? It's a small list. So Season 15 is not a grand gem, but you will enjoy many of these episodes.
Published on November 30, 2012 by Hank_Scorpio

1.0 out of 5 stars DVDs come scratched from factory - check yours
After giving up on the last few, I bought the DVD set and it is still packaged in the accordian format that scratches the discs everytime they are removed. All four DVDs came heavily scratched new. The discs are made at Cinram's DVD facility in Olyphant,PA. I called Fox and they told me to return the discs to the store. All the sets were like this at the store. I...
Published on December 9, 2012 by Panaracer

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the Greatest Season, But Some Good Episodes, November 30, 2012
This review is from: The Simpsons: Season 15 (DVD)
"Treehouse of Horror XIV"- Reaper Madness - Homer becomes Death, Frinkenstein - Prof. Frink creates a Frankenstein monster out of his deceased dad, Stop the World, I Want to Goof Off- Bart and Milhouse get a watch that can stop time. These are some funny episodes, and have some great laughs.

"My Mother the Carjacker"- Glenn Close returns as Mona Simpson. It's not a tearjerker like the earlier Homer's Mom episode, but there are moments.

"The President Wore Pearls"- Lisa becomes student president in a musical episode. Personally, I am not a huge musical episode fan.

"The Regina Monologues"- The Simpsons go to London. A goofy episode, but some very funny cameos by Tony Blair and J K Rowling.

"The Fat and the Furriest"- Homer takes on the bears. Homer 1- Bears 20

"Today, I am a Clown"- Jackie Mason returns as Rabbi Krustofski when Krusty learns he was never given a bar mitzvah.

"'Tis the Fifteenth Season"- Homer is the most selfish man in Springfield during Christmas, and once he tries to redeem himself, he makes Flanders jealous. I have a soft spot for the Christmas episodes.

"Marge vs. Singles, Seniors, Childless Couples and Teens, and Gays"- Singles, Seniors, Childless Couples And Teens And Gays Against Parasitic Parents protest having to pay for families after babies riot a cancelled concert.

"I, (Annoyed Grunt)-Bot"- Homer dresses as a battle bot to win a tournament and Bart's admiration. This has some great slapstick, but the B-plot where Snowball II dies and Lisa goes through new cats is funny on a terrible level.

"Diatribe of a Mad Housewife"- Marge writes a romance novel and Homer becomes an ambulance driver, adding to the 100+ jobs Homer has on his 20-page resume.

"Margical History Tour"- Simpsons Story Time: History Edition!: Henry VIII's wants a son, Lewis and Clark explore North America with Sacagawea, and Salieri tries to destroy Mozart. As a history fan, the combination of history jokes and historical inaccuracy gave me an embolism.

"Milhouse Doesn't Live Here Anymore"- Milhouse moves to Capitol City and Homer finds lucrative work in being a bum.

"Smart and Smarter"- Maggie takes an IQ test, and she is smarter than Lisa. Lisa handles this with the grace we have always come to expect from the Simpson family. The thing I really don't like is the Simon Cowell cameo.

"The Ziff Who Came to Dinner"- Artie Ziff crashes with the Simpsons after cheating his stockholders. This episode also includes the world's most bowel-wrenching "coupling" when Artie and Selma get it on... that sentence hurt to type.

"Co-Dependent's Day"- Homer and Marge become drinking buddies and it goes great until Homer blames Marge for his DUI.

"The Wandering Juvie"- Bart gets sent to juvie after creating a fake wedding registry.

"My Big Fat Geek Wedding"- Edna and Skinner are getting married! OK, so Skinner has some reservations. When Edna storms out, she hooks up with Comic Book Guy. Skinner tries to win her back at Bi-Mon-Sci-Fi-Con. My favorite scene is the cameo by Matt Groening.

"Catch 'Em If You Can"- Homer and Marge try to take a break from the kids, and Bart and Lisa go after them.

"Simple Simpson"- Homer becomes "Pie Man". This is a really fun episode and worth some of the other... less than stellar episodes.

"The Way We Weren't"- a flash back episode about Homer and Marge's encounter at camp.

"Bart-Mangled Banner"- Bart becomes deaf due to a vaccine shot, and he accidentally moons the flag during a donkey basketball game. This causes Springfield's patriotism to be questioned. This is a great "poke the bear" type episode.

"Fraudcast News"- Mr. Burns buys all of Springfield's media outlets after finding out everyone wants him dead, and the only non-burns media left is Lisa's Red Dress Press.

4.0 out of 5 stars Treading water, still brilliant, August 2, 2013
Length:: 2:27 Mins

So here we are in the middle of the early '00s rut that the Simpsons found themselves in. The worst I can say about this season is that you'll not pay full attention to some of the 22 episodes. I was often typing on my laptop, but I could still hear it and I laughed many times throughout. The best of them are still very well-written though the overall quality is still above average. There are no classic episodes in this season, but it does introduce us to Homer's superhero alter ego Pieman, as well as Marge's Mills and Boon version of Homer, and the return of Homer's fugitive mom. All of this is undone by a certain war criminal (to whom Homer refers as Mr. Bean) cameo-ing as himself. As well as plenty of laughs there is some caustic satire, but its not really subtle.

The show once again looks great on Blu-ray in 1.33:1 1080p with lively DTS HD-MA sound. There are a decent amount of extras, including 3 Otto-based episodes from older seasons, which also look great and a noticeable upgrade from the DVD counterparts. It proves, again, that the older seasons would benefit from a Blu-ray upgrade, but since Fox release these seasons approximately once every 40 years I doubt it will happen. Another nice feature of this Blu-ray is the ability to integrate the deleted scenes back into the show. I wish the others had this innovation. Definitely worth buying, despite the rut.

Fox should make Willie the focus of the next season on Blu-ray. He's the best.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simpsons are fun, March 29, 2013
This review is from: The Simpsons: Season 15 (DVD)
Show is fun but the crappy cardboard sleeves suck! Come on Fox - give us a decent hub type storage box to prevent DVD damage and finger prints all over the DVD!

4.0 out of 5 stars Above average season, same sucky packaging, December 27, 2012
This review is from: The Simpsons: Season 15 (DVD)
Season 15 is actually pretty darn funny--much better than the previous few. So, for that I'd definitely recommend this set.

But the packaging still sucks. It drives me crazy FOX is staying with the design despite all our complaints. The setup makes it hard to get the DVDs out and easy to scratch them while doing so.

Otherwise the content is good with commentary, deleted scenes, etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Still pretty funny..., December 8, 2012
This review is from: The Simpsons: Season 15 (DVD)
I've been a life long "Simpson's" fan, and though this season isn't as good as the earlier ones, this season is still very watchable; most episodes are amusing, but some had me laughing out loud. This season was around the time I stopped watching it on television, so some of these I'm seeing for the first time. I would recommend this to any "Simpson's" fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Magic Is Back. Almost., December 10, 2013
Mr. Howell (Rural Kentucky) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Simpsons: Season 15 (DVD)
I was hesitant to order season 15- not having previously seen any of these episodes, and in light of how bad the last few seasons had been- but desperate for a Simpsons fix, I gave it a shot. You can imagine my surprise, when I popped in the first DVD, and started watching the first ep- a Treehouse Of Horror ep, which are never among my favorites- and lo and behold it was a gem!
Ditto for many more episodes.

Watching the first half of this season, I saw that the crew at The Simpson's seems to have pulled themselves out of the years-long slump that they were in. Most of the magic of the early seasons is back! (The humor; the use of many favorite secondary characters, etc.)

O-K, still, a lot of the intelligent wit is still missing....but hey, at least the show is vastly improved from recent years- well...at least that is true for the first half of this season. The second half of this season is where it appears that the crew started running out of steam again. Once again, they start to revert back to plot-centric episodes, where it appears that they put all their effort into the story line, and neglect the humor and the little touches that often make the show so great. (Not that I can blame them- seeing as it so much work to make these shows, and that many of them have been working on this show for so many years...I mean, they're only human.)

But all in all, in my book, half of a good season is better than an entire bad season, so I can't complain (Though I might have, had I paid full price for this season! For half-price- which is what I paid- half a season of good eps seems about right:D)

My biggest complaint about this season: TOO MANY MUSICAL numbers. And I'm not just talking about the one musical episode (Why-oh-why do they torture us by making Yeardley Smith sing??!! Please...PLEASE stop!). The use of popular-music cues over montages is done in just about every episode- to the point of being cliché. I mean, such can be effective when done when appropriate, to good effect, and with restraint- but it seems as though the Simpson's crew has started using such as a crutch to merely fill space. (It's showing, guys!)

The BEST thing about this season, is [drum roll].....the COMMENTARIES! Yes! In past seasons, it had seemed like those doing the commentaries had lost interest- but this season, they back to their former glory. I normally enjoy listening to the commentaries as much as/or even more than watching the actual show- and this seasons commentaries were no disappointment. I was in my glory listening to the commentary on every episode. I think writer Tom Gammill was on just about every one...and he is one of my all-time favorites, so that also helped!

Again, like earlier seasons, the commentaries were once again very enjoyable; informative and funny. Kudos to all those who participates, for taking the time to do these commentaries. Some of REALLY enjoy them! (I take back what I said earlier. The price of this season would be justified just for the commentaries, alone!).

All-in-all...at least 10 very good episodes; and all good commentaries- makes this season add up to 75% good content. But I'm giving it 5 stars for the great commentaries! (I should deduct 4 stars for the continuation of the LOUSY packaging!).

If you're a fan of the earlier Simpson's...this season is for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad season;packaging is fine, January 7, 2013
Ricky Spanish "finkles2000" (Kansas City, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Simpsons: Season 15 (DVD)
I'm a little bit weary of the whole "The Simpsons stopped being funny in 19__" argument that I'm constantly hearing. While there aren't hits-after-hits in season 15, there is a good chunk of funny stuff here. Particularly: "The President Wore Pearls," "Marge vs. Singles, Seniors, Childless Couples and Teens, and Gays," "Milhouse Doesn't Live Here Anymore," "Co-Dependent's Day," "My Big Fat Geek Wedding," "Catch 'Em If You Can," and "The Way We Weren't." I think it's a more consistent season than seasons 12-14 in terms of keeping the zany to a minimum and focusing on episodes with better plots and pacing.

As for the packaging: Yeah, it's not the best, but I bought some of those white DVD/CD sleeves, put the DVDs in those, and put them in the set (4 discs fit nicely if you put the last one in the booklet slot). I've done that since they started this type of packaging and haven't had any problems at all. They're obviously not going to change what they're doing, so I decided a quick fix was better than complaining about it each time a new season is released.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wish I waited to buy this, April 16, 2013
This review is from: The Simpsons: Season 15 (DVD)
I don't know why but i was compelled to buy this at pre order price which is a sucker move. I only did it because I was using a gift card. It was worth it but I could of gotten it for 13 dollars cheaper if I waited. I still like how the show is going its just after so many season they have done almost everything. I am a fan of trading card games and I wish they did an episode of that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Must have for any Simpsons fan., January 17, 2013
s.slade (SACRAMENTO, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Simpsons: Season 15 (DVD)
I orderd this for my kids for Christmas they loved it big Simpsons fans. Only complaint is that this was a pretty short season nothing to do with the dvd just the season.

5.0 out of 5 stars They have outdone themselves again!, January 7, 2013
This review is from: The Simpsons: Season 15 (DVD)
My husband is a HUGE Simpsons fan and we have been acquiring all the seasons by one or two a year and the 15th is no exception! They always include great bonus features, the Treehouse of Horror episodes, and other cute little Easter eggs and literature. Artwork is great and will continue to purchase them!

The Simpsons: Season 15
The Simpsons: Season 15 by Dan Castellaneta (DVD - 2012)
Used & New from: $16.44