Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Platform: Sony PSP|Change

on October 29, 2007
This is the best console game featuring the Sims that has ever been produced! There, I said it and I'm glad. Not that it was hard for EA Games to beat any of the previous offerings. Bustin' Out was good, but there really is no comparison.

I was pleasantly surprised to find the controls rather intuitive, after a short while. The game play is not too difficult, especially if you are a "Simmer". The usual needs must be met; hunger, social, energy, bathroom. The adventure aspect is what sets this game apart. You literally are on your own to survive or not. No phones, no lights, no motor cars. Good luck!

It's so much fun that my spouse is even playing! And he is not a "Simmer". It's hard to put the game down. Highly recommended.
on November 29, 2007
As I am already a fan of SIMS 2, Castaway really puts a new twist on my favorite game. I really love having goals and missions to accomplish and new territory to discover. The only negative is the sleeping, it can go a bit faster considering you can start a fire and cook in mere seconds. We shouldnt have to wait in real time for what we know takes forever. Also, after the game gets heated up a bit some technical goofy stuff starts happening. I lost my character behind a rock and she was trapped there until I turned off the the game and powered down my PSP for a time. Other than that I really like seeking out new resources and fishing is one of my favorite activities. I dont necessarily like the houses because there is no cutaway and you lose your character inside a house if you dont memorize the doors. All in all, I would say this is one of the most enjoyable games on my PSP.
on November 12, 2007
Ok, I love the sims series, and I almost had a heart attack when I saw this one. I think it's great, a whole lot of fun, and unlike the other sims, this one will keep you busy for a while, because it's going to take a while to figure out all the tricks of the island. However, it's difficult to switch between characters. I find myself just playing the one, because it's easier. Buy, overall totally worth it. Whole lot of fun!
on December 12, 2007
I'm an avid simmer, especially on the PC, gameboy SP, and psp and even I am surprised to say this has got to be one of the best installments of the sims games to date. When I heard sims castway was coming out, I did not think it could be that good. I am about 3/4 through the game and basically have played the last 3 weeks straight. It is not a quick game to finish which for me is a good thing because usually I fly through the sims games. I think this game was made with a lot of creativity and detail. There always seems to be more houses you can build, more resources you can collect, more beaches and islands to discover, and different kind of recipes to cook up. YOu can choose to play with one sims or multiple sims which is different from other sims games on handheld consoles in which you can only play from the viewpoint of one sim. What I like MOST about this game is that this game seemed to be able to combine the freeplay from the PC versions and storymode from handheld consoles. There is goals that need to be accomplished but there are so many other tasks and chores to finish that much of the time you feel as if you're playing free play. The goal/storymode portion is not exactly you need to finsh A to get to B and finish B to get to C, but you get a list of goals at a time and you finish whenever you want, and you can even get more goals to accomplish without even having to finish your prior set. Overall, awesome game.
on January 4, 2008
Bought this game from Amazon brand new.
If you have a PSP 2000 you may have to turn off cache to truly enjoy.
Unfortunately, some improvements in the new "slim" PSP are causing this
game to lockup and crash the unit. Save game will not recover your play.
So please be careful when ordering.

Look up tips on the internet to see how you can disable caching for uninterupped game play, warning: game load times may be very long if you do this. for details - goggle - SIMS castaway - PSP crashing
on April 6, 2014
First off, for a PSP game, the graphics are fine. For sound, same.
However, the real issue comes with the gameplay. The camera angle is forced and is some strange third person view variant that very wobbly follows the character, which is very hard to see surroundings and makes me pretty dizzy. Many of the actions that the sims do you cannot see because your camera is at a very bad angle. I am not kidding. Watch gameplay videos, its very, very bad.

The PS2 version is MUCH better and actually has a good camera. I am a bit sad I bought this...
on March 21, 2011
OK I've finished it and I love it so I would highly recommend it - it's the best Sims for the PSP yet.

BUT
This is the third time I've played it. The first two plays I abandonded it due to fatal glitches. So be warned NEVER put your sleeping mat down and then build a shelter over it - the game won't recognise your sleeping mat and you will be bedless and have no way of recharging your sleep meter (unless you are well on in the game and can craft beds).
Also if you chose all the crew option do not make your base dark cave as all the other castaways get stuck on the slope and die where you can't reach them to revive them - you can't reach or pick the flower on the grave.

I was just about to list this on an auction site when I thought oh well perhaps another try and I've finished it - all be it with just one castaway and it is brilliant.

There are lots of goals but you can amble along doing your own thing. The game also is not strictly linear so don't worry about those suspicious shaped map areas you can't reach - you'll go back to that part eventually.

There are some genius bits like the sand buddy so you don't have to talk to the annoying monkeys (who are extremely irritating - they wander off when they should be giving you something).

It deserves its 12+ rating because of the dubious facial expression of the Sim sitting in the hot pools!?

Overall it's very well done - lots of collecting, exploring, getting lost, crafting items and dodging rainstorms. The difference between night and day is outstanding and the gameplay is so much easier in the daytime.

The graphics are brilliant and I found the gameplay a lot of fun even the fishing. No worries about earning money or careers. The skill building wasn't as in your face or distracting as other sims games. None of my sims possesions caught on fire because of over crowding issues so it didn't feel restricting.

I refused to be rescued twice - once from my catamaran and once from my SOS message as I was having too much fun on the island. My Sim finally left the island minus one leg in a pirate costume leaving behind a lovely bungalow.
on July 27, 2008
I think any game/movie you purchase for the psp will not disappoint graphically. This version is true to SIMs style. This is a Gilligan/Survival version of SIMs. You can create and alter appearance of your character during game play. I don't know how different this version from the PC version but you cannot fast fwd the boring waits. Your character disappears off your screen when sleeping. I do find it too repetitive collecting food and twigs. I have to say some of the pictures are too small to make out what is needed to make certain items so I haven't built my hut yet. Your limited with your camera view so it's hard to see spear fishing and it's basically hit or miss. I find it boring talking with chimps to increase your social status as I haven't progressed to finding my other shipmates. You do get island fever which is where the repetive play comes in. The game is fun for a SIMs game but in terms of length or returning to play it didn't hold my interest after the newness of the game wore off. So I gave it average mark.
on March 18, 2009
I played this for two weeks. It is slow not alot going on not much of a story line. Even if you make other payers on the island you don't get alot of time with them your friend on this game are monkeys and it's not very cool. The best part of the whole game is you get to give monkeys hugs don't get this there are no fun parts and it takes forever to do any thing and the chacters are always tired or have to eat or have to go to the bathroom you can't even play the game with out have to sleep every 20 min. I will not say buy this I will say I was very unimpressed with the game over all.
on January 4, 2009
i bought this game even though a lot of people said the loading time was slow and interrupted the game too often. there were no problems loading for me and the game was very fun. i still have to say that i have a PSP 3000 and i also have firmware version 5.02. if you have a PSP 2000 i would not recommend you to buy this. otherwise if you have a PSP 3000 i think you will enjoy this! i hope this review was helpful to your contemplation of buying, The Sims 2: Castaway.