5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best :]
Before I bought this game I was stuck between this one (Ambitions) and World Adventures.
I went through many reviews, and eventually decided on this game.
It was a great decision.
The Sims 3 : Ambitions is a totally amazing game and you will be far from disappointed!
Published on July 26, 2011 by MDR1994

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a fan
Published on September 20, 2011 by Jane

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best :], July 26, 2011
This review is from: The Sims 3: Ambitions [Download] (Software Download)
I went through many reviews, and eventually decided on this game.
It was a great decision.
You can have awesome "professions" like Stylist, Architect, Ghost Hunter, Fireman, or Detective.
And not only that, but there is an added Education career and a deepened Medical career.
Twinbrook town (the Ambitions town) is loaded with things to do.

PLUS! You can now do your own Laundry! Not sure how that fits in with Ambitions, but it gives your sims a nice Moodlet if you wear clean clothes.

So if your stuck on which Sims to get, like me, then go with this one! :] I highly reccomend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best expansion packs for The Sims 3, June 11, 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3: Ambitions [Download] (Software Download)
Yes, I know i'm a little late to buy this pack- and it took 2 hours to download off of Amazon- but this pack is SO WORTH IT.

Things to know:
You need a copy of the Sims 3 to play.
ITS AWESOME.

Here are all the jobs and professions in this pack:
Architect (The only one i've tried)
Firefighter
Ghost Hunter (Who you gonna call?)
Investigator
Stylist
Education
New features to Medical/Medicine

New Skills:

Sculpting (Eventually make ice sculptures!)
(Also I think you can make objects..)

Inventing (Make a SIMBOT that is a robot maid??)

Tattooing (Tattoo stuff like crazy on people!)

Also....

-And so much more!

Is it worth it?? TOTALLY GO BUY IT NOW I LOVE IT

5.0 out of 5 stars TS3: Ambitions, January 26, 2011
This review is from: The Sims 3: Ambitions [Download] (Software Download)
The Sims Ambitions is pretty cool, for the fact that it offers a lot more activities and jobs/careers and stuff than the base game. It encourages entrepreneurship, and is somewhat more life-like with the option of doing your own laundry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Expansion, March 14, 2014
This review is from: The Sims 3: Ambitions [Download] (Software Download)
I have only had this game a few days but so far it's been really fun to play. I just wanted to post a review to say that the download process was extremely simple. If you are using origin to play all you have to do is click origin and then select redeem product code. You can find your code in your games & software library here on amazon. Then just type in the code. I installed through origin it didn't take too long. I read a review about infinite load times? I've had no issues like that at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best expansion so far!, May 6, 2014
This review is from: The Sims 3: Ambitions [Download] (Software Download)
This one really changes the game for me. I now have more options for gameplay in build mode, buy mode, and CAS not to mention the new buildings to visit like the Tattoo shop or the Firehouse. New actions and traits as well! When flirting you can say "I'm a firefighter" and you get several new tattoos to reflect that if your sim fancies ink. (Nearly all of mine are tatted.)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a fan, September 20, 2011
Jane (Central Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sims 3: Ambitions [Download] (Software Download)
This expansion just didn't do it for me. The new town buildings were nice- and I enjoy going to work with my sims, but I think that open for business was a lot more pleasurable! Having careers for the artistic endeavors made it worth the three stars, but it just wasn't as exciting- the ghostbusting career was especially disappointing for me. I didn't list but a few sim days with that one it was just so boring setting up a queue of ghosts while managing my others sims. Cooking and going to the restroom seemed more interesting to me.

I really wished I liked it more, though, as open for business was my favorite expansion for the sims2

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the game, hate Amazon's downloading process, June 22, 2014
This review is from: The Sims 3: Ambitions [Download] (Software Download)
I love all the Sims 3 expansions and with the increased control over careers (which I found particularly boring in just the base game alone) this one is a definite plus. All of my problems came in trying to actually download the game. I've never purchased a downloaded copy from Amazon before and they couldn't make the process more confusing if they tried. When you first purchase the game you're instructed to "Download now" which naturally you're inclined to do. Nowhere does it tell you NOT to do this.

I spent 12 hours trying to get this game to download to my computer and nothing happened. Every two minutes I'd just get this error message telling me my connection to Amazon's downloader had been lost and I needed to try again. After 12 hours of that I called Amazon's customer service department and after being transferred and put on hold a couple times I finally got someone who could tell me the problem.

The trouble is you can't use Amazon's download at all. That's why it wasn't working. You have to ignore their "Download now" button and instead go to "Your Games and Software Library" where you'll find the Activation Key for the game that you then need to take to the Origin client, redeem through them, it will appear in your game library, and then you download it from there.

The problem is nothing on the Amazon product page or purchase page after you've spent your money informs you of that. You have to go through the headache of calling customer service to find this out, and what's more the agent I spoke to kept reiterating to me to make sure I go to the Origin client (that's downloaded directly on your computer) not the Origin website because many customers try to do that and spend hours getting further frustrated because it doesn't work. I thought to myself, if they're aware of all these problems and confusion why don't they just give Amazon customers proper instructions when they've purchased the product and then it would save everyone the time and effort? And I can see this is not an uncommon problem. Amazon is filled with other customers reviews who, like me, couldn't get the download to ever work but seem to have given up without tracking down Amazon the way I did. Well I hope the instructions I gave here can help someone else who is stuck, but most of all I'd advise Amazon to simply give clearer instructions to its customers.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth the fun if it's on sale., November 29, 2011
Michael (HOUGHTON, MI, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sims 3: Ambitions [Download] (Software Download)
This is the second expansion from the Sims 3 and comes with a few items to spruce up your home, which take up a whole wing of my house. It isn't much, but by registering your game with your web browser, there's 2 new inventions plus a few hairstyles and extras. Just go to Home > Sets > Holidays & Gifts > Registration Rewards in the Sims 3 store.

The best jobs:
Sculptor and Inventor are fantastic. Sculptor reminds me of Sims 1: Livin Large, where you made gnomes on a work bench and watched them explode. This time there's terrific statues to sculpt made out of wood, clay, stone, or ice! Inventor isn't as fun as the scientist fast-track from Sims 1: Makin' Magic, because there's less to build. The fun ones are a tunnel borer, which can drill all the way to the local library, and a time machine, which gives happiness boosts and new futuristic or ancient costumes.

Best Achievements:
Fireproof Homes (30000 points) and a robot friend (40000 points) are must-haves. The only bad part is that Mr. Robot Friend has a soul, so when he dies, he will haunt you. Alternately, getting a robot friend is possible through the Inventor class, but only by hunting down rare items around the neighborhood and through World Adventures can he be put together easily.

Best feature:
Rings, earrings, and things that "doll-up" Sims.

All in all, not enough to get me back to playing Sims 3 on a weekly basis. EA's pricey items store is here to stay, so don't expect much from this expansion. 3 stars.

P.S. The shortcut for this game didn't work for me (it said insert disk). Because there was no disk , I had to contact technical support, which was no help. Eventually, I figured out how to fix it myself by installing Ambitions and then double-clicking on World Adventures to load Ambitions content.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, April 16, 2014
This review is from: The Sims 3: Ambitions [Download] (Software Download)
Sims 3 has been around a long time, and I hadn't played it for years. I did have the World Adventure expansion already from when it first came out. Ambitions was my second (and likely final) expansion and it really was a great value. It adds a LOT of new content for the (work) lives of your sims. I'd already had "self-employed" artists and authors, but it is really cool that those jobs are officially sanctioned and supported with this expansion.

The inventing and sculptings skills did leave a lot to be desired. Sculpting is a slower, less-profitable version of painting. Inventing sounds interesting but it doesn't really make a lot of money and is kind of tedious. Writing and painting are still the most rewarding "hobby" jobs imo, as well as gardening and nectar-making.

Definitely tho if you're looking to expand and already have World Adventures then this would be the one to go with!

1.0 out of 5 stars Download can be a problem!, May 12, 2011
Teresa (Everett, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sims 3: Ambitions [Download] (Software Download)
But I was able to find the solution at EA. Hopefully since so many people have the same problem, Amazon will let the URL stay in my review. It is not an easy fix, so keep this in mind if you are thinking about the download vs. the actual disc. The answer is here: [...]

I first had to manually patch Ambitions because the launcher wouldn't do it - the patch is on that page. Once I did that, I got the error message 'base game is not compatible with this new expansion.' If you get that error message, there are directions at the top of the page I linked to, how to deal with that issue. Follow those directions. After that, you will likely get a message that you have to patch your main game again - go ahead and do it. Once you are all patched, your game should work. You will no longer need a disc to run the game, that is really the only benefit I can see to saving a few dollars and having to go through all of this to get the game to work.

Keep in mind that if you have to reload your system or uninstall and re-install your game for any reason, you will likely have to go through all these steps again, so write them down or at least bookmark the URL. Amazon - please leave it in the review!

The Sims 3: Ambitions [Download]