Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation STEM

on July 26, 2011
Before I bought this game I was stuck between this one (Ambitions) and World Adventures.
I went through many reviews, and eventually decided on this game.
It was a great decision.
The Sims 3 : Ambitions is a totally amazing game and you will be far from disappointed!
You can have awesome "professions" like Stylist, Architect, Ghost Hunter, Fireman, or Detective.
And not only that, but there is an added Education career and a deepened Medical career.
Twinbrook town (the Ambitions town) is loaded with things to do.

PLUS! You can now do your own Laundry! Not sure how that fits in with Ambitions, but it gives your sims a nice Moodlet if you wear clean clothes.

So if your stuck on which Sims to get, like me, then go with this one! :] I highly reccomend it.
22 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 11, 2013
Yes, I know i'm a little late to buy this pack- and it took 2 hours to download off of Amazon- but this pack is SO WORTH IT.

Things to know:
You need a copy of the Sims 3 to play.
ITS AWESOME.

Here are all the jobs and professions in this pack:
Architect (The only one i've tried)
Firefighter
Ghost Hunter (Who you gonna call?)
Investigator
Stylist
Education
New features to Medical/Medicine

New Skills:

Sculpting (Eventually make ice sculptures!)
(Also I think you can make objects..)

Inventing (Make a SIMBOT that is a robot maid??)

Tattooing (Tattoo stuff like crazy on people!)

Also....

-Tons of new furniture
-New Town
-Earthquakes
-Bake Sales

-And so much more!

Is it worth it?? TOTALLY GO BUY IT NOW I LOVE IT
VINE VOICEon June 22, 2014
I love all the Sims 3 expansions and with the increased control over careers (which I found particularly boring in just the base game alone) this one is a definite plus. All of my problems came in trying to actually download the game. I've never purchased a downloaded copy from Amazon before and they couldn't make the process more confusing if they tried. When you first purchase the game you're instructed to "Download now" which naturally you're inclined to do. Nowhere does it tell you NOT to do this.

I spent 12 hours trying to get this game to download to my computer and nothing happened. Every two minutes I'd just get this error message telling me my connection to Amazon's downloader had been lost and I needed to try again. After 12 hours of that I called Amazon's customer service department and after being transferred and put on hold a couple times I finally got someone who could tell me the problem.

The trouble is you can't use Amazon's download at all. That's why it wasn't working. You have to ignore their "Download now" button and instead go to "Your Games and Software Library" where you'll find the Activation Key for the game that you then need to take to the Origin client, redeem through them, it will appear in your game library, and then you download it from there.

The problem is nothing on the Amazon product page or purchase page after you've spent your money informs you of that. You have to go through the headache of calling customer service to find this out, and what's more the agent I spoke to kept reiterating to me to make sure I go to the Origin client (that's downloaded directly on your computer) not the Origin website because many customers try to do that and spend hours getting further frustrated because it doesn't work. I thought to myself, if they're aware of all these problems and confusion why don't they just give Amazon customers proper instructions when they've purchased the product and then it would save everyone the time and effort? And I can see this is not an uncommon problem. Amazon is filled with other customers reviews who, like me, couldn't get the download to ever work but seem to have given up without tracking down Amazon the way I did. Well I hope the instructions I gave here can help someone else who is stuck, but most of all I'd advise Amazon to simply give clearer instructions to its customers.
on March 14, 2014
I have only had this game a few days but so far it's been really fun to play. I just wanted to post a review to say that the download process was extremely simple. If you are using origin to play all you have to do is click origin and then select redeem product code. You can find your code in your games & software library here on amazon. Then just type in the code. I installed through origin it didn't take too long. I read a review about infinite load times? I've had no issues like that at all.
on May 6, 2014
This one really changes the game for me. I now have more options for gameplay in build mode, buy mode, and CAS not to mention the new buildings to visit like the Tattoo shop or the Firehouse. New actions and traits as well! When flirting you can say "I'm a firefighter" and you get several new tattoos to reflect that if your sim fancies ink. (Nearly all of mine are tatted.)
on January 26, 2011
The Sims Ambitions is pretty cool, for the fact that it offers a lot more activities and jobs/careers and stuff than the base game. It encourages entrepreneurship, and is somewhat more life-like with the option of doing your own laundry.
on March 14, 2013
This one is awesome! I had no troubles with downloading and installing. Ambitions expansion comes with new jobs/careers and of course stuff you can add to your gameplay. The jobs they offer are Ghost Hunter,Fire Fighter, Private Investigator, Fashion Designer, Sculptor, Inventor and Doctor. I think there is another one, but cannot recall.
I really do like this expansion, it is a lot of fun and has jobs or careers that are not rabbit hole jobs, meaning that you don't just send your Sim to work and let the time go by, you have to actually go to houses and suck up ghosts in your ghost pack, search for clues as a Private Investigator and solve cases, actually fight fires when the alarm rings at the fire house station, and I haven't tried the doctor yet, the inventor is cool because you can blow things up and make cool stuff like a time machine or a Simbot (Sim robot), Haven't tried Fashion designer and haven't done much with sculpting, but what I have done with those, seem pretty awesome!
on September 1, 2014
It is unfair that I had to buy this twice. It wouldn't load with the new loader thingy that SIMS is using now. I had gone a long time without playing and didn't realize the changes that had happened. I like this game well enough that I bought it again so I could play it but then regretted having to buy something twice. (For some reason my base game loads just fine now that I have the new version of Ambitions.. weird.) I don't play SIMS that much but its a nice distraction once in a while. I never bought the pet game and was thinking about getting it then I read that Sims is coming out with a SIMS 4. I am not sure I want to invest anymore into SIMS now.
on September 6, 2014
this extension pack lets play your sim at work the only down side is that you get paid less per an hour and make less money. I never want up the career ladder in so maybe after time you make a little more. I think I am going to put at least one of my sims in the play job after she meets her lifetime wish. I had a lot of fun playing my sims at work. I liked the ghost buster job best. also it came with some free items in buy mode.
on August 22, 2014
The Sims 3 in General has not impressed me. I have a nice computer that runs plenty of games really well, but I've had several problems with the Sims. Sometimes silly things like pathing for a character hidden somewhere far off screen causes the whole game to be laggy. I'm waiting a few months after Sims 4 comes out to decide if I want to give EA another shot.