4.0 out of 5 stars Buggy but playful

3.0 out of 5 stars A lot of fun, but not worth $30
Published on September 12, 2011 by Shiloh

4.0 out of 5 stars Buggy but playful, July 12, 2011
This review is from: The Sims 3: Generations [Download] (Software Download)
Listen, the Sims games are always going to be buggy. If you want to play them your way, expect to use lots of custom content and mods. That being said, I buy every expansion pack (the stuff packs are never necessary, in my opinion) and play the crap out of them so EA must be doing something correctly. In Sims 3: Generations, the already robust gameplay has just really been given more flesh. The imaginary friend is meh for me but people who crave fantastical elements in their game will love it, the ability for teens to actually be grounded is hilarious and much appreciated, and the addition of bunkbeds and sleeping bags makes me giddy with joy. If you don't like the Sims for what it is, you won't like this latest addition. If you're addicted, however, to playing with pixel dollies, well, you should add this expansion to your addi...collection.

3.0 out of 5 stars A lot of fun, but not worth $30, September 12, 2011
This review is from: The Sims 3: Generations [Download] (Software Download)
I have been with The Sims franchise since the very first game and I have every installment, expansion and item pack. This is a fun expansion pack, but unlike Nightlife and Ambitions it does not contain an additional world or additional careers. It does allow additional activities such as Prom, Graduation, learning to drive etc. but you don't actually get to see any of them, only some commentaries during.
The newest addition, boarding school, is probably my favorite add-on as I love having big families, but after awhile they can be a bit tiring, now I can just ship them off to one of several boarding schools that will grow specific talents like logic, athleticism, art/music etc.
You can also create an imaginary friend that, if treated properly, can even become a controllable player and member of the family.
I like this expansion, but it isn't one of my favorites. It is definitely not worth $30. I'm very glad I used a coupon that took off $15 otherwise I would feel very cheated.
My advice is to wait for Sims Pets to come out before you purchase this as there will be a price drop on Generations since it won't be the "new one" anymore.
If you're a Sims lover like I am you'll definitely want to add this to your collection, but if you're only a part-time gamer I'd just skip it and get either Nightlife or Ambitions because they'll give you much more bang for your buck.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sim3 Generations - For those that downloaded before reading these reviews!, June 20, 2011
This review is from: The Sims 3: Generations [Download] (Software Download)
I purchased this game for my daughter since it was an instant download. Unfortunately, didn't read all the problems until after it didn't work for us. Instead of going through and deleting things I was able to go to the Amazon Games & Software folder that was created on her system (under Documents) and I searched for setup.exe files. I found two - TS3....update and Sims3EP04setup. I downloaded the TS3 file update first and then selected the game setup file. It then asked me for the Product Key (which we weren't asked for when installing the first time), entered product key and it completed the download. Game is now working fine. I am NOT tech savy so I'm not sure if these explanations help anyone but I hope so - it was very frustrating!! Product key is available back in Your Account folder. There is a link to the product key when you search for your purchase/order.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was so SCARED to download this..but it came out PERFECT. ;), July 19, 2012
This review is from: The Sims 3: Generations [Download] (Software Download)
After reading a million negative reviews I was so scared to actually purchase this game but because of the price difference (from amazon to the EA site) I decided to give it a try anyway. I didnt follow any steps I saw in reviews about deleting downloaded content because I didnt want to lose the clothes I had from the exchange. Luckily it worked fine!!! It only took about 30-40 mins to download. I just finished playing it and Im so in love lol. I love all the new options & objects.!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome! Best Expansion Yet!, June 4, 2011
This review is from: The Sims 3: Generations [Download] (Software Download)
While it is true, many have had issues with the download versions of Generations, the problem has been solved, and when I downloaded my game, I had absolutely NO issues!

To solve the issues, FIRST do the folowing: (as in BEFORE you download Generation, this makes the download smoother, but you can still get your game to work if you download first. You will just have to search for the download in your computer files to find the correct install file)

* Delete all MODS and Custom Content you have downloaded.
* Open your EA Download Manager and preform the update (it will prompt you, or it did for me)
* Open up your Sims 3 game, and open the
* Restart your computer.
* Download/Install Generations. You may or may not need to restart your computer again.

After these steps you're game should work perfectly! Mine did, and it really is worth the trouble! You get all kind of new items and interactions. I laughed when I saw the "be frisky" interaction pop up under the "Romantic" tab. You won't be disapointed, it's definitely the best Expansion they've relesed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, February 9, 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3: Generations [Download] (Software Download)
I love this game! Aside from pets addition, it's my favorite sims game! It makes everything very family-oriented and I love that! Such an incredible game! Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought it would be, December 21, 2012
This review is from: The Sims 3: Generations [Download] (Software Download)
I originally though this would be a boring expansion but I was so wrong! Very glad I got it. If you like raising families this is a must have. It add so much more to do, and stages like children can do something more besides just go to school.

1.0 out of 5 stars It wont work, January 3, 2014
This review is from: The Sims 3: Generations [Download] (Software Download)
My order ended up not working and now i can't refund my purchase. It's not worth it. Just go on The sims 3 website and buy it there. its cheaper as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wasted money!, November 21, 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3: Generations [Download] (Software Download)
Didn't work while I was trying to download it. Wasted my money! I know SIMS usually has good reviews but not this time :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, February 4, 2013
This review is from: The Sims 3: Generations [Download] (Software Download)
I absolutely love the game. I suggest this for any Sims players out there. I have had no problems with the game (so far...)

The Sims 3: Generations [Download]