Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on September 12, 2011
I have been with The Sims franchise since the very first game and I have every installment, expansion and item pack. This is a fun expansion pack, but unlike Nightlife and Ambitions it does not contain an additional world or additional careers. It does allow additional activities such as Prom, Graduation, learning to drive etc. but you don't actually get to see any of them, only some commentaries during.
The newest addition, boarding school, is probably my favorite add-on as I love having big families, but after awhile they can be a bit tiring, now I can just ship them off to one of several boarding schools that will grow specific talents like logic, athleticism, art/music etc.
You can also create an imaginary friend that, if treated properly, can even become a controllable player and member of the family.
I like this expansion, but it isn't one of my favorites. It is definitely not worth $30. I'm very glad I used a coupon that took off $15 otherwise I would feel very cheated.
My advice is to wait for Sims Pets to come out before you purchase this as there will be a price drop on Generations since it won't be the "new one" anymore.
If you're a Sims lover like I am you'll definitely want to add this to your collection, but if you're only a part-time gamer I'd just skip it and get either Nightlife or Ambitions because they'll give you much more bang for your buck.
44 comments60 of 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 12, 2011
Listen, the Sims games are always going to be buggy. If you want to play them your way, expect to use lots of custom content and mods. That being said, I buy every expansion pack (the stuff packs are never necessary, in my opinion) and play the crap out of them so EA must be doing something correctly. In Sims 3: Generations, the already robust gameplay has just really been given more flesh. The imaginary friend is meh for me but people who crave fantastical elements in their game will love it, the ability for teens to actually be grounded is hilarious and much appreciated, and the addition of bunkbeds and sleeping bags makes me giddy with joy. If you don't like the Sims for what it is, you won't like this latest addition. If you're addicted, however, to playing with pixel dollies, well, you should add this expansion to your addi...collection.
0Comment40 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 20, 2011
I purchased this game for my daughter since it was an instant download. Unfortunately, didn't read all the problems until after it didn't work for us. Instead of going through and deleting things I was able to go to the Amazon Games & Software folder that was created on her system (under Documents) and I searched for setup.exe files. I found two - TS3....update and Sims3EP04setup. I downloaded the TS3 file update first and then selected the game setup file. It then asked me for the Product Key (which we weren't asked for when installing the first time), entered product key and it completed the download. Game is now working fine. I am NOT tech savy so I'm not sure if these explanations help anyone but I hope so - it was very frustrating!! Product key is available back in Your Account folder. There is a link to the product key when you search for your purchase/order.
22 comments62 of 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2012
After reading a million negative reviews I was so scared to actually purchase this game but because of the price difference (from amazon to the EA site) I decided to give it a try anyway. I didnt follow any steps I saw in reviews about deleting downloaded content because I didnt want to lose the clothes I had from the exchange. Luckily it worked fine!!! It only took about 30-40 mins to download. I just finished playing it and Im so in love lol. I love all the new options & objects.!!
on July 18, 2011
This is a review of the Amazon download and install process of the Sims 3 Generations.

After reading other reviews stating they had trouble installing the Sims 3 Generations, I was worried if I would have issues as well.

I have Windows 7 and have the original Sims 3 (not deluxe), World Adventures, and Ambitions expansions. The game was fully patched to the latest version, and I did not remove any custom content prior to downloading and installing. I downloaded everything with the "typical" settings, and the 1.6GB download took about 45 minutes to download and about 5 minutes to install. It did ask me for the product code up front, which I was able to easily copy and paste from a link that took me directly to my amazon account.

All things said and done, it was one of the smoothest digital installs I have completed.

I am not suggesting whatever problems others have had are fixed. However with my computer, the install worked exactly as is should.

I have enjoyed the new expansion so far, and the addition of bunk beds and more kid focused items. I would recommend this expansion for avid Sims fans, especially those looking to start a "new family" with their single or newly married sims.
on December 21, 2012
I love the Sims! I usually get hooked into buying all of the expansion packs but I have yo admit this was the best do far!

Lets begin with the download version. This was the first time I have purchased a game online. This was so easy I cant believe I have never done this before! I don't think I will ever buy another Sims game in store! Once I downloaded the game worked beautifully.

The game itself is one of the beet expansion packs I have purchased for Sims 3. This game comes packed with new outfits and hair styles for Sims. There is also new interactions for all age the sims age levels. You can now have imaginary friends, posy pranks, go to boarding school, and even attend prom!

This expansion pack is a must if you love the Sims.
on May 28, 2013
Generations gives you everything that SHOULD have been included in the original Sims 3 base game. It is what's been missing! It gives the game a more 'real-life' feel.

Here are some of the new things Generations will bring in to your game play: Weddings, Graduations, Boarding school, Pranks (for kids & teens), Prom (for teens: they get to dress up, find a date, go to Prom in a Limo, etc!), Misbehavior & parental punishment, Field trips, After-school activities (ballet, scouting, Drama Club, etc), Dreams & nightmares for sleeping Sims, Mood swings (for teens), Mid-life crisis (Adults), TONS of new moodlets, new objects (clothes, hair, furniture), and more.

I downloaded this from Amazon, and had no download issues whatsoever. Make sure you restart your computer after you complete the download, or you will more than likely have problems.

If you're going to get an expansion pack, THIS is the one you need. Put it at the top of your list.
on June 4, 2011
While it is true, many have had issues with the download versions of Generations, the problem has been solved, and when I downloaded my game, I had absolutely NO issues!

To solve the issues, FIRST do the folowing: (as in BEFORE you download Generation, this makes the download smoother, but you can still get your game to work if you download first. You will just have to search for the download in your computer files to find the correct install file)

* Delete all MODS and Custom Content you have downloaded.
* Open your EA Download Manager and preform the update (it will prompt you, or it did for me)
* Open up your Sims 3 game, and open the
* Restart your computer.
* Download/Install Generations. You may or may not need to restart your computer again.

After these steps you're game should work perfectly! Mine did, and it really is worth the trouble! You get all kind of new items and interactions. I laughed when I saw the "be frisky" interaction pop up under the "Romantic" tab. You won't be disapointed, it's definitely the best Expansion they've relesed!
33 comments35 of 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2011
I have not yet purchased this expansion pack, but I wanted to help the reviewers who are having trouble installing it. Occasionally while patching/updating your Sims 3 game in the Sims 3 Launcher, the game is not fully patched: either you exit out of the update too early or an error occurs. You are usually unaware when this happens. The failed update can cause a mismatch in the versions between the base game (Sims 3) and your current expansion pack. The game may run fine at first, but when you try to update it in the future or add another expansion pack, you get an error and can't play the game.

The SOLUTION to this issue is to manually patch the base game. There are several tutorials online on how to do this, plus the latest patches that you can download. In a nutshell, look for the latest downloadable patch for the Sims 3 base game, not one of the expansion packs, that also corresponds to your region code (1-7) and run it to patch the base game. This should allow you to fully update through the launcher and/or install this expansion pack.
on July 10, 2011
I love this expansion pack. There is not a new town, but there are new interactions. Kids get to play games. There are treehouses, hopscotch. New already built homes. New clothes and new hairstyles. I also love the imaginary friend. Teens can have teen parties, slumber parties. You can now graduate, and you can teach your teen how to drive. The only thing I cant stand is that I cant stop my parents for discplining their child after they get caught late after curfew or having a teen party.