- Downloading: Currently, this item is available only to customers located in the United States.
- Note: Gifting is not available for this item.
- ASIN: B004ZUFKEC
- Release Date: June 2, 2009
- Average Customer Review: 238 customer reviews
This item is currently unavailable.
The Sims 3 [Mac Download]
We don't know when or if this item will be available again.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
- New Seamless, Living Neighborhood
- Explore the ever-changing neighborhood—and take your Sims to meet friends in the park, go on a date at the bistro, visit neighbors’ homes, converse with less-than-savory characters in the graveyard and more. Who knows what might happen?
- Admire the natural beauty of the beach, the mountains, and more.
- New Create a Sim Functionality
- Create any Sim you can imagine with easy-to-use design tools that allow for unlimited customization of facial features, hair color, eye color, and more.
- Fine tune your Sims’ body shape from thin to curvy to muscular.
- New Personality Traits
- Create over a million different personalities with traits such as evil, insane, kleptomaniac, romantic, and more.
- Influence the behaviors of your Sims with the traits you’ve chosen. Will you create a neurotic romantic with a heart of gold, or a geeky super-genius with an evil streak?
- New Unlimited Customization
- Everyone can customize everything—design and build your dream house and decorate it to fit your Sims’ personalities.
- Customize everything from floors to décor, shirts to sofas, wallpaper to window shades.
- New Gameplay That’s Rewarding and Quick
- Face short and long-term challenges and reap the rewards.
- Your Sims can pursue random opportunities to get fast cash, get ahead, get even, and more.
- Choose whether, or not, to fulfill your Sims’ destinies by making their wishes come true. Will your Sims be thieves, rock stars, world leaders? The choice is yours.
- Get Connected and Share Your Creations with The Sims 3 Online Community
- Get free bonus content—download Sims, outfits, furnishings, houses and more.
- Create and Share Sims, houses, movies and more with anyone.
- Join The Sims 3 community to share ideas with fans of The Sims from around the world.
INTERNET CONNECTION, ONLINE AUTHENTICATION AND ACCEPTANCE OF END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT REQUIRED TO PLAY THE SIMS 3 DIGITAL DOWNLOAD PRODUCT. ACCESS TO ONLINE SERVICES INCLUDING SIMPOINTS AND DOWNLOADS REQUIRES AN INTERNET CONNECTION, EA ACCOUNT AND GAME REGISTRATION WITH THE PROVIDED SERIAL CODE. REGISTRATION IS LIMITED TO ONE EA ACCOUNT PER SERIAL CODE AND IS NON-TRANSFERABLE. EA ONLINE TERMS & CONDITIONS CAN BE FOUND AT www.ea.com. YOU MUST BE 13+ TO REGISTER FOR AN EA ACCOUNT. MAC USERS MUST UPDATE TO THE LATEST VERSION OF THE SIMS 3 LAUNCHER TO ACCESS ONLINE SERVICES, INCLUDING [FREE] SIMPOINTS AND DOWNLOADS. EA MAY PROVIDE CERTAIN INCREMENTAL CONTENT AND/OR UPDATES FOR NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE, IF AND WHEN AVAILABLE. The Sims 3 digital download PRODUCT uses SecuROM digital rights management technology provided by Sony DADC Austria AG. For more information about SecuROM, visit http:/faq.securom.com/.
EA MAY RETIRE ONLINE FEATURES AFTER 30 DAYS NOTICE POSTED ON www.ea.com.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
As for the game itself, I find it a great jump up from Sims 2, though it's very similar. This one has fewer loading screens and the world is definitely a bit more detailed. I'm trying to resist buying all the expansion packs right away, but I somehow doubt I'll succeed.
There has been a lot of concern with this particular Mac download version of the game from Amazon, so I documented my experience below to hopefully give others a baseline to compare too.
Specs on my machine:
15-inch, Mid 2010
2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB
160 GB Intel SSD
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.1
Downloaded The Sims 3 for MAC from Amazon on September 6th, 2011. Download took about 1 hour and 30 minutes to complete.
The entire install process went through without a problem, the Amazon game downloading software unpackaged the .DMG automatically and all I had to do was double click the install icon.
Once I had entered my license number it then took about 1 minute to install the game. I then launched it from my Applications folder.
It started immediately and asked if I wanted to download the update that was released on September 1st, 2011: [...] which I did and the update download took about 10 minutes and it installed in another 5 minutes.
The game started itself and asked if I wanted to download and install another update, which I did. Downloaded in 20 seconds and installed in 30 seconds.
Finally the I was able to launch the game and it works spectacularly on my machine.
It was my 1st time buying a game online off amazon to download.
I downloaded it and then it asked me for the CD-key/Activation Key.
I was not given it in an email so I was searching around my emails from amazon. Amazon should have given instructions to you on where to locate it at first.
I did manage to find the Activ./Key which would be in your account under your purchases for recent things or whatever and the cd-key will be in the description of your purchase history.
I intend to stay away from all EA Mac downloads. I've downloaded other games from Amazon without issue.
I contacted Amazon and let them know about the issue with the game not preforming like it should. They immediately (within one business day) refunded me, apologized, and were extremely helpful with customer service.
I did have one issue, when first starting. My game froze after I did Create a Sim. This was BEFORE I downloaded the update, however. After I restarted my laptop, I launched the game again, downloaded the update (wirelessly, took about 30 minutes) and installed it, and the game worked perfectly and has been since.
I would definitely recommend this download to anyone interested in the Sims who doesn't (like myself on a Macbook Air) have a disc drive, or if you're just looking to download and play the game quickly. I let the file download (via WiFi) overnight, so I can't say exactly how long it took, however it was a good chunk of time. I would recommend plugging into Ethernet if you can. Other than long download time, this game is FANTASTIC. Must have!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Had problems with MacBook ever since I downloaded this game.Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
Great game. The code was given via online and o still have the code til today and I can still play. Awesome seller!Published 3 months ago by xo_ria23
Love the sims and this was much easier to just buy here and it downloads straight to your computer.Published 4 months ago by Kathryn
Great game for the time it was released. It can be a little heavy for an older machine, but if bought today would probably run like a breeze.Published 5 months ago by bytesizeanna
One of my favorite games of all time. I still prefer it over The Sims 4.Published 6 months ago by Matt M. Hicks
Fun game, but it takes FOREVER to download and can sometimes lag or shut down.Published 7 months ago by Alex Branam
Fun game, downloaded very quick. great for fans of the series.Published 7 months ago by Jacob Azizi
eh...not really sure why i bought this....it was more of an impulse purchase...played it for a day n then realized i don't have the patience for it.Published 10 months ago by Emdad Hye