Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 22% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ $4.57 shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
The Sims 3: Pets Expansion Pack
|Price:||$19.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
- Be the pet - Wield control of your pets to chase, dig, tackle, and more
- Determine the personalities of your Sims' pets, from intelligent, friendly, and proud to playful, adventurous, and aggressive
- Pets can learn skills - Cats and dogs can learn to hunt, dogs can learn to locate collectibles and fetch your Sims a date
- Sims can take their pets outside - Take Spike to the park, bring Whiskers to the library, or ride Star to the new Equestrian Center
- Requires The Sims 3 to install & play
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Bring excitement and surprise into your Sims' lives with pets! Create the perfect (or imperfect) pets for your Sims, from fierce guard dogs to destructive kittens to trusty horses and more as you determine not only how your Sims' pets look but their personality traits as well. With a variety of new activities and social interactions, take direct control of your Sims' pets and explore new ways to mess with their lives. Give your Sims a new member of their household and discover all-new ways to play with life!
Experience life on four legs as you explore the Sims world through the eyes of a dog or cat! Will you be fun and friendly or will you be more pest than pet? Dig, chase, find collectibles, learn to hunt, and more. Go outside and play or just go on the rug. Dogs can even help their owners land a date! Move up the pet pecking order with career opportunities. (Who knew there was a dog and cat underworld?) Travel the town with your owner, sniff out discoveries, find treasure, and more.
- More pets mean more fun! Create a wide variety of unique dogs, cats, and—for the first time ever—horses! Build a collection of lizards, turtles, snakes, and birds. Think your Sim has what it takes to tame a wild horse?
- Be the Pet. Wield control of your Sim’s pet to chase, dig, tackle and more. Be the perfect companion or wreck havoc on your Sims!
- Pets have their own traits! From intelligent, brave, and friendly to hydrophobic, skittish, and clueless to gentle, fast, and agile, determine the personality of your Sims’ pets.
Platform: PC/Mac | Edition: Standard
Top Customer Reviews
After much trepidation, I'm pleased to inform you that "Pets" definitely did not disappoint. I've been playing it for about six hours straight and this expansion has managed to rekindle my passion for Sims. It's refreshing and puts a completely new spin on how you can play the game.
What really makes this particular version of pets stand out from the others is your ability to control the animals. Finally! I know in Sims 2 there was a cheat but you could never cancel actions, only queue them up. This led to annoying little situations where your sim couldn't possible step OVER the sleeping cat to get into the shower. But this is no longer an issue. You are in complete control of your pets and, even better, the pets are almost completely self-sustaining if you turn on free will. So you get all of the pros and very few of the cons found in previous pets expansions.
The dogs and cats are very similar to that found in Sims 2. They're cute, they're fun. Aside from the fact that you can tell the dog to NOT destroy the furniture, there's not much to report. Which brings us to the horses. At long last, EA has heard our pleas! The horses are fantastic and really make the game feel "different." I really appreciated the fact that you can see the sim mounting and dismounting.Read more ›
1) Warnings --> You get 1 warning if your pet is getting neglected. After that they take ALL of your pets away. Getting caught up in the story of your sim or having a baby like I did made me not socialize with my cat as much. In the end all 5 of my animals were taken away because my cat got too needy to socialize (see #3). That's a big turn off. Then when I try and adopt my pets back they say that I can't adopt for a while. So all of my animals get adopted by others and I can't see them anymore.
2) Buying Objects --> Buying your pet objects is located where the baby section is. However, it doesn't have ALL of the pet supplies in it. So I had to filter and scroll and scroll and scroll to just find a ball for my dog and horse. Why wouldn't that be where all the pet stuff is? Why is this stuff hidden? It's a inconvenience.
3) Socialize Moodlet --> This moodlet is the one I find the most annoying. I feel like I have to talk to them forever for it to increase. And for a family with a great number of pets it gets annoying. You have to go from one to the other and when you finally finish the first pet needs to be talked to again. It leaves no time for 'sim' time.
That's about it. I think it's a well done game overall. It's a lot harder the more pets/sims you have. So I suggest starting out slow would be the best.
I want to rave about the in-game animations. The graphic artists at EA paid close attention to details and captured tons of lifelike movements of our furry friends. Dogs and cats frisk and pounce, eat, sleep, hunt, beg, scratch, roll over and play dead, just like living dogs and cats. I don't have a pet anymore and sorely miss her but watching the little sim cats and dogs play on my monitor brings me both pleasure and melancholic delight. If you don't appreciate the artistry that went into animating these little sims animals then you have missed the joy of Sims 3 Pets.
Want a custom pet? Enter Create A Sim for Pets. Peruse the prebuilt breeds. There are dozens of them. Or build your own mutt or stray cat (or horse). CAS for the animals has lots of "sliders" and customizations, perhaps even more than CAS for sim people. After getting the hang of the advanced options, I created the perfect Schnauzer and Siberian Husky. My cat is a Manx-Scottish Fold with cheetah-like markings. Assign your pets their own personality traits and unleash them into a new household.
High free-will sims will care for their pets. Don't need to worry about filling the food dish or getting the animals' attention. My household of four handles their cat and two dogs easily.
I was bored with Sims 3 and all the expansion packs until now. I watch the pets more than the household sims. I'm having a blast and appreciating all the hard, hard work EA artists and programmers put into this game. I highly recommend Sims 3 Pets over all the other expansion packs. Now if EA would just come out with a fabulous Seasons. Diehard sims fans can only hope.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Adopt a shelter pet, raise that little rascal and see him or her become a well behaved and lovable pet.Published 23 hours ago by Tom Funkte
I had this game on my ps3 so I just had to get it for the pc and I must say I am not disappointing. The features for creating dogs cats and horses are great. Read morePublished 29 days ago by Elizabeth
nice quick delivery..just what my niece wanted for Christmas!Published 1 month ago by Elizabeth A. Darden
I love the Sims. I've been a simmer since ... Oh my, over a decade.
So here's the thing. I purchased the digital download which runs glitchy. Read more
Perfect. Have it loaded and granddaughter is enjoying it very much.Published 1 month ago by Fabulous60
Pets can be difficult to take care of sometimes, but a lot of fun.Published 1 month ago by L. Burroughs