Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Sims 3: Pets - Nintendo 3DS
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Video Game|Change

on October 21, 2011
Wow! A console version of the Sims 3 worth playing! I gave up on console versions of the Sims and finally rented this title out of the lack of other 3DS titles released to date. I was surprised to have dedicated hours of game play to this, ever with other 5 star titles available to play. I actually prefer this to the PC version due to the fun and unheard of gameplay options (such as play as a pet only household) combined with a portable system and 3D graphics.

The good: Unlike the PC version, you can give the pets you create lifetime goals and you can play as the pet, even in a pet only household! You can also easily create townies of other Sims people and Sim pets to interact with in your game. The Sims you creat can be shared through street pass with other 3DS users and their Sims will be shared with you and you will have the option to add them to your town! This game is an open world with great design possibility, but there are also many fun goals and quest-like objectives to keep you entertained.

The not-so-good: You cannot edit the colors and patterns of clothing and furniture like you can in other versions and there are not very many options available either. The create-a-pet doesn't allow for the kind of detail as the PC version so you can't make that trademark spot that you favorite pet has, but with a variety of coat patterns, you can probably make a reasonable substitution. The graphics will not blow you away or anything, though the 3D can be helpful in home design.
on October 24, 2012
I wanted a version of Sims Pets that I could play on my DS, since I don't have my own high-power computer at the moment.

I was surprised at how many features this game has. I've previously played Sims 2, Sims 2 Pets, and Sims 3 and loved them, and I love this game too.

The pets are really interactive - you can control them as much as the humans! I've spend hours working at fulfilling my Sims' (two humans and two cats) wishes.

Here's the things I love:
Cost me only $12
Cats and dogs with TONS of fur options
Fully controllable pets
Most of regular PC-version Sims functionality
Places to visit

Peeves:
Somewhat limited furniture options
Can only have 4 household members
No horses (package for 3DS version is kind of misleading - you only get horses with the PC version)

Overall, for $12, I think it's a GREAT buy
on August 25, 2013
If you haven't played Sims in a long time or its your first time it may take a bit to get used to this game. Make sure you only play this game when you have plenty of free time. While you may not have a huge area to explore they do improve your options from Sims 2. You can play Arcades, use computers and such to find jobs, chat with other sims, or go to the boardwalk and learn to play the guitar. Also having pets is a bonus if you want them, but you don't have to have them either which is cool as I didn't really want any. You can choose where you want to live. You can also build and customize like all the Sims which is freaking awesome. Overall its pretty darn fun on long road trips or just relaxing in the bedroom and play. This game can be fun for all ages so long as children can read and understand financial stuff like your mortgage or rent. I really like this game even though it doesn't compare to the PC/Console versions. That said I give it a 4 star rating just because it has some shortcomings. Its not quit as fun as the Xbox or PC version, but all that said, sometimes I am not in the Mood to play Lego, Mario, or Pokémon games. In those cases this game is very addictive. You can spend upward of 3 or even 4 hours playing in some cases. Hope this review helps somebody out.
on November 20, 2011
When i bought a Nintendo 3DS, i did not know what game i should get. There was not a big selection, but i took my chances with this game and i am glad i bought it.

This is a big improvement over handheld versions of the sims gameplay and graphic wise.

Create a sim: While the create a sim is limited in the clothing selection and other quirks such as my sims name randomly changing after i am done designing my character, They have advanced facial options where you can change the size of your sims eyes, forehead nose, that kind of stuff. You pick 3 traits instead of 5, and you select a lifetime wish based on the traits. As for the create a pet, you can pick you cat or dogs fur and breed, The fur customization is limited, but with enough tweaking, you can get something that is close to your pet. It is very important to make sure your sims name is the same name you picked when you are done customizing them, because i have had the game randomly change my sims name and i didnt realize it till it was too late.

Gameplay: this is the strong point of the game, there is so much stuff packed into this game. The gameplay is comparable to the pc version, but everything is scaled down to work out on the 3ds, such as building limits, earning and spending money and lifetime points. You can use your play coins to buy karma powers. Karma powers are used to fix and clean objects, earn skill points, or have bags of money fall out of the sky. Play coins can be earned by walking around with your nintendo 3ds in your pocket. You can earn up to 10 coins per day which requires walking roughly 1/3 of a mile per day.

3D effect: I don't know if it is just me but the 3D effects in this game give me a headache. It is nice to look at once in a while when playing, but for the most part, it is a nuisance, there are alot of ghosting images. Not every game has this issue. I have another game in my 3DS game collection that looks really nice in 3D than and it is more manageable and used to my advantage.

Pets: You can play as pets in the game, the pets can have traits and lifetime wishes, sims can make friends with pets and any friends you make with pets will count toward your friendship requirements for building skills or advancing in your career.
Replay value: Not much to say about this since i have not played it long enough to tell, but any decent sims game will offer many hours of gameplay.

This game also improves upon the issues addressed with the regular version of sims 3 on the nintendo 3ds, such as individual mood meters and issues with difficulty making friends in the game.
on December 13, 2011
I love this game. However you can only have dogs and cats. It was advertised that you could get horses and small pets such as snakes but thats only for computers!
on October 1, 2012
After playing The Sims 3 on my 3DS I was excited to get The Sim 3 Pets and play it. I love the controls and the use of the touch screen on The Sims 3 sadly Pets controls are completely different and actually make the game less enjoyable. I will keep playing and see if maybe after giving them more time and exploring if there is a way to change the controls to use the touch screen more like in Sims 3 I will change my opinion however for now the controls sort of ruin the game for me.
on October 29, 2011
This is my first handheld version of The Sims. I have always been a fanatical player of the PC version so I never bothered to get the handheld versions; I knew they'd be too watered down. Lately, I haven't had time to play the PC version so I went ahead and got this one, in the hopes it would satisfy that "Sim craving". It does!

If you're able to play the PC version, then I don't see much purpose in getting the handheld version, unless you just want to have it on the go.

There is plenty to explore in this game. Playing as a pet is way more fun than I expected it to be! The only thing I'm bummed about is the total lack of game support online. I'm used to Googling for tips and answers to my questions but so far, there is NOTHING out there.
44 comments| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2013
This version has NO horses in it. I found that out before I bought it since I did some "homework" before I bought this version of the game. A bit disapointing because I've been trying to find a GOOD game with horses in it for a few years now. But this game does have pet foxes in it. I've seen a lot of questions asking about that. The cool thing about that is you can have a red fox or a silver fox depending on what fur color you choose, but you can choose from many colors. The fox is under "small breeds", you don't need a code for them. As for the game play, it's a lot of fun and addicting at first. For days I couldn't put the game down. But after awhile it lost a bit of its luster. The controls are a bit confusing at first but easy enough to figure out. I like the dogs, but I find the cats in the game rather annoying.
on August 29, 2012
I had wanted a real Sims game for a while but never really had the time to play, well now that it's portable it wasn't an issue. The basic feature set of Sims is there and you get pets which makes it even more interesting. It's packed enough entertainment for myself and my siblings and don't be surprised if you get a bit addicted.

There are some features that it doesn't have compared to the PC version, but that was expected. It is still an enjoyable game and not bad with the price drop compared to on first release.
on December 28, 2012
It's a sims game so you know what you're getting into.

This is the version to get on the 3DS, even if you don't much care for the pet aspect of it all. The only quibble is that the graphics are very poorly done. EA took the lazy route and it shows, but gameplay-wise it's pretty good. Especially for children.